Drinks card

bogofman

Is the drinks card, offered only on some cruises?, I've not seen it offered, do we need to ask?

What drinks can be ordered?,

Just beer, or also frozen cocktails?

C&A Diamond and above have 3 drinks per night loaded on their seapass cards. During happy hour in the Diamond lounge they can get certain beer, wine and mixed drinks and non frozen cocktails like cosmos and lemon drops in most bars and lounges except windjammers and the theatre and MDR[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the drinks card, offered only on some cruises?, I've not seen it offered, do we need to ask?

Are you asking about the 10 drink card? It's usually offered on day 5. I'm not sure if it's offered on all sailings.

I'm enquiring about the purchased 10 drinks card, I keep seeing mentioned, but not seen offered on any of my cruises, although they have been either TA s or in europe so may be different to the standard caribbean cruises.

Are you asking about the 10 drink card? It's usually offered on day 5. I'm not sure if it's offered on all sailings.

Looks like I was typing when you hit submit.

There is no "usual". Some ships offer one, some don't. Some cruises offer one, some don't. Some offer it with three days to go, some offer it with two days to go. Some offer it on the last day.

I think that RC's revenue department is experimenting with every possible combination to see what is the most profitable for them.

I actually got it on our recent adventure southern Caribbean cruise. (Such a mistake for me...too much booze)

It showed up three days from the end. I bought it the next day.

Don't buy beer with it. You'll lose money that way.

I bought 8 basically $11 drinks and two virgin drinks for my son. I couldn't have done all 10 drinks on my own. My husband doesn't drink so it was just me getting booze.

There is no "usual". Some ships offer one, some don't. Some cruises offer one, some don't. Some offer it with three days to go, some offer it with two days to go. Some offer it on the last day.

I think that RC's revenue department is experimenting with every possible combination to see what is the most profitable for them.

I think it comes out when revenue for the bars is below a certain level.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Don't buy beer with it. You'll lose money that way.

I bought 8 basically $11 drinks and two virgin drinks for my son. I couldn't have done all 10 drinks on my own. My husband doesn't drink so it was just me getting booze.

This is what I was thinking,

Next cruuse is another TA, so may just pay as I go, for beer,

If the card comes out, may purchase,

I assume it can be shared, and used across a few days?

That way can buy beer, and use card for frozen cocktails?

This is what I was thinking,

Next cruuse is another TA, so may just pay as I go, for beer,

If the card comes out, may purchase,

I assume it can be shared, and used across a few days?

That way can buy beer, and use card for frozen cocktails?

Yes, the card can be shared and used until the end of the cruise.

As a non-drinker, can I get any virgin cocktails with my 3 D drinks or will I have just soda & juice to choose from?

While it might end up being answered here, a question about diamond privileges is best asked in a thread about that.

This thread is about the ten-drink card for $85 (plus 18% gratuity) offered towards the end of some sailings.

It was offered on the Vision Suez cruise in November 2016

My barman mentioned it but as I was only drinking Blue Moon it was not worth it to me. The cost was $79, including tip, and was available for the last 5 days of a 16 night cruise.

I saw no advertising anywhere for the card.

Pete

Sorry - repeated my post below

Edited by jusk

We were on the 8 Day Christmas cruise Jewel of the Seas. The drink card was offered on Day 4: 10 drinks for $65. They added the 18% service charge that they charge for all drinks. We don't drink enough alcohol to justify this again. We struggled to drink our last 3 drinks the last night of the cruise. If you are going to be on the ship, it may be worth it. We had excursions nearly every day and free rum punch on those, so once back on board, we didn't really want to drink. There were only 2 of us, so more people using might be good.

Any drink $12 or under.