Unlimited Open Bar??

ALS1214

For a minute recently I thought the package had been expanded to include a waterbottle per day and specialty coffee at dinner.

Can't find it now but think it was a different program. What's that one called, is it a suite guest thing?

That's the European booking "all-inclusive" deal..... so far not available for US bookings

Booking (passenger lives) not itinerary (ship goes)

• 3 months later...

I've never had a UBP before so I'm just trying to figure it out before getting a suprise at the end of the cruise, I get the unlimited drinks under $15 thing but do I also need to add gratuities? Are they prepaid therefore not requiring tips per drink? Also does my server / bartender get a tip based off of each of my drinks?

Sorry for the 20 questions

I've never had a UBP before so I'm just trying to figure it out before getting a suprise at the end of the cruise, I get the unlimited drinks under $15 thing but do I also need to add gratuities? Are they prepaid therefore not requiring tips per drink? Also does my server / bartender get a tip based off of each of my drinks?

Sorry for the 20 questions

Under $15, you don’t pay anything more.

Over $15, you pay the difference in price and 20% gratuity on the difference. For example, if the drink you order costs $20, you pay $5+$1 gratuity =$6.

You sign for every charge. No surprises.

Under $15, you don’t pay anything more.

Over $15, you pay the difference in price and 20% gratuity on the difference. For example, if the drink you order costs $20, you pay $5+$1 gratuity =$6.

You sign for every charge. No surprises.

Ah thanks for clarifying that. I also see that some things like bottled water aren't included. Is it obvious when you go to a place that something isn't covered or do you have to ask / wait until you get the reciept?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

"Here is the fine print from NCL website:

Unlimited Beverages:

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package. "

If we got the UBP does our guest (daughter) #3 automatically get the soda package? Or do we need to purchase it for her?

"Here is the fine print from NCL website:

Unlimited Beverages:

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package. "

If we got the UBP does our guest (daughter) #3 automatically get the soda package? Or do we need to purchase it for her?

You would need to purchase any wanted packages for guest 3.

I'm confused about the gratuities. When I dummy up a reservation, after I enter the guest info, it adds $249.20 to my total with comment "Choice promotion service charge". So you don't pay the gratuities on each drink at the time of ordering you have to pay based on what they assume you'll drink?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Forums mobile app

I'm confused about the gratuities. When I dummy up a reservation, after I enter the guest info, it adds $249.20 to my total with comment "Choice promotion service charge". So you don't pay the gratuities on each drink at the time of ordering you have to pay based on what they assume you'll drink?

The gratuity is not based upon what they think you will drink. It is 20% of the retail cost of the drink package had you purchased it ($89). So you will pay (up front as the Choice promo charge $17.80 per day). This amounts to about 2 drinks a day if paid out of pocket. If you think you will average 2 or more drinks a day, take the package, if not pass on it and pay as you go.

The gratuity is not based upon what they think you will drink. It is 20% of the retail cost of the drink package had you purchased it ($89). So you will pay (up front as the Choice promo charge $17.80 per day). This amounts to about 2 drinks a day if paid out of pocket. If you think you will average 2 or more drinks a day, take the package, if not pass on it and pay as you go.
Ahh ok that makes sense. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

The gratuities on the 'free' drink package for a 9 day, 8 night cruise are $284.80 for two people, which is like 17.8/day. I think their drink package is $89 or $90/day which is WAY MORE than any other cruise line. This was a bit of a surprise when we did the final booking, but we had already made up our mind (thinking it also included bottled water, which it does not, btw).

• 3 weeks later...

So the 1 piece of information I'm trying to figure out that isn't super clear is whether it's truly unlimited. My wife and I like to drink, and the cruises I've done in the past were roughly $100/day bar tabs just for me. Do I have to pay for drinks over the $89 mark, or just taxes on them?

Thanks!

So the 1 piece of information I'm trying to figure out that isn't super clear is whether it's truly unlimited. My wife and I like to drink, and the cruises I've done in the past were roughly $100/day bar tabs just for me. Do I have to pay for drinks over the $89 mark, or just taxes on them?

Thanks!

Its unlimited, they weren’t counting drinks. We took a Cuba cruise last year and several people were falling down drunk by the muster drill. I had to catch one woman from falling down the stairs, she was wearing those stupid cork platform sandals. I had her take them off so she could navigate the stairs.

You shouldn’t have to pay the $89 day, just the 20% service charge, NCL has been running a promo for months now where the beverage plan is included in the cruise price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Its unlimited, they weren’t counting drinks. We took a Cuba cruise last year and several people were falling down drunk by the muster drill. I had to catch one woman from falling down the stairs, she was wearing those stupid cork platform sandals. I had her take them off so she could navigate the stairs.

You shouldn’t have to pay the $89 day, just the 20% service charge, NCL has been running a promo for months now where the beverage plan is included in the cruise price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing!