Amsterdam, Zuiderdam Port Everglades/Veendam San Diego Sail-Aways January 4th, 2017

Boytjie

Webcam has better view of Amsterdam than I have - you can see the bow and lines. Not that that will help at 10 pm at night. :D

With the Zuiderdam I have essentially the same view as the camera, don't think the hotel can manage a close-up for me. ;)

Are you going home before your next cruise?

Scrapnana, I think you are leaving on Amsterdam's next World Cruise. I'm on her next Grand Voyage. Next 2 times Amsterdam embarks on a big cruise one of us will be on board.

Roy

That sounds good! I just hope I like a smaller ship.

Scrapnana, I think you are leaving on Amsterdam's next World Cruise. I'm on her next Grand Voyage. Next 2 times Amsterdam embarks on a big cruise one of us will be on board.

Roy

I am having great difficulty getting anything done today - I have to keep sneaking a peak at the Amsterdam!! The next time she leaves from Ft Lauderdale we will be on her for two of our dream cruises - Panama and Alaska!!

I am having great difficulty getting anything done today - I have to keep sneaking a peak at the Amsterdam!! The next time she leaves from Ft Lauderdale we will be on her for two of our dream cruises - Panama and Alaska!!

I know what you mean. I keep staring at the windows to "my" cabin and thinking of next year.:D

Panama and Alaska sounds great. Have you been through the canal before?

First time on the Amsterdam? I have 27 wonderful days on her.

Roy

Roy, have you been on any ships that you would not sail on again?

Not really. There are a few that are quite on the bottom of my list but I would again under the right conditions:

Silver Whisper - The equivalent of Crystal in extras, the equivalent of Carnival in basics

Celebrity Solstice (or any Celebrity) - I said very unlikely after my first Celebrity but then my nephew got married on Summit. I also booked Infinity for my return from South America this year but switched to Zaandam as soon as the itinerary was published.

Also near the bottom of my list is Anthem OTS and I'm unlikely to sail any NCL ship that doesn't offer studio cabins (but never say never).

Roy

First time on the Amsterdam? I have 27 wonderful days on her.

Yes this will be our first time on her. We loved our Baltic trip on the Prinsendam, so I am expecting that this cruise will be just as good on a small ship.

Panama and Alaska sounds great. Have you been through the canal before?

This will be my first time for both parts of the cruise. My DH came through the canal when he emigrated to NZ. This will also be my first trip to Florida.

This will be my first time for both parts of the cruise. My DH came through the canal when he emigrated to NZ. This will also be my first trip to Florida.

You have some major treats in store for you. The canal is amazing. So much to see as you pass through. And then Alaska! I made my first trip there last May. Although I could not live there the sights were breathtaking.

You have some major treats in store for you. The canal is amazing. So much to see as you pass through. And then Alaska! I made my first trip there last May. Although I could not live there the sights were breathtaking.

I agree.Did San Diego to FLL return on dear old Statendam and it was amazing as is Alaska which we travelled to twice in Volendam.