Marina Tropical Tempos February 1

mtadk

We are excited to go on our very first cruise in February. I have a question though- I keep reading about how horrible the internet is on the Marina. We are in a concierge Veranda cabin and I have been told we have an internet account in the cabin. I have children at home and I do want to keep in touch with them. I plan to have both my phone and my ipad with me. Can someone tell me what "horrible internet" means? Will I be able to email them? Or call them? Thank you so much!

The internet is not like at home for me it was not horrible sometimes it is a bit slower but go up near the computer centre & it is better there

There are instructions on how to sign up at the computer centre be sure to log off when done though

On port days, find a cyber café to use - very cheap usually. Or ask staff who are leaving the ship where they go to connect.

As to phoning, if you are out of the country it can be very expensive on your cell phone unless you have an international plan or an international phone.

Happy cruising!

Internet is just fine for e mails - very slow for surfing, downloading, Face time, videos, etc.

A few tips - compose your e mail offline and then copy and paste when you sign on. Internet is faster very early and late when fewer people are on.

If you just want to keep in touch via e mails - you shouldn't have any trouble.

Also, as posted above, take advantage of free WIFI in ports and cafes.

We are excited to go on our very first cruise in February. I have a question though- I keep reading about how horrible the internet is on the Marina. We are in a concierge Veranda cabin and I have been told we have an internet account in the cabin. I have children at home and I do want to keep in touch with them. I plan to have both my phone and my ipad with me. Can someone tell me what "horrible internet" means? Will I be able to email them? Or call them? Thank you so much!

Welcome to CruiseCritic and Oceania. Come over to our Roll Call for these cruise. My husband and I are on the same cruise. The RC is currently 8 pages.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2374941

If you have free Internet with Concierge Class, which I think you do, you do not need to worry about the net being slow. It's those that pay by the minute that have to worry.

For cell phone users, especially iPhone and Verizon users, read these post and links:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/#cost

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2387167&page=2

iPad users you can send iMessages to other Apple devices that are faster than sending email.

The internet on the Riviera in December was incredibly slow, except for those of us who like to log on after 11:00 pm. Then it was adequate. Just adequate.:(

Virtually everyone on the ship had "free" internet.

But fear not; you will be able to send and receive email.

Internet is just fine for e mails - very slow for surfing, downloading, Face time, videos, etc.

A few tips - compose your e mail offline and then copy and paste when you sign on. Internet is faster very early and late when fewer people are on.

If you just want to keep in touch via e mails - you shouldn't have any trouble.

Also, as posted above, take advantage of free WIFI in ports and cafes.

+1

Cruised South Pacific on Marina in Feb 16