So when is Celebrity getting wearable tech for passengers like Princess?

A Sixth?

I would agree about children & wrist bands on land for wandering adults, and see the value of smart chips for pets, but would prefer that the cruise line enhance cruise services like quality of food and entertainment rather than investing in this..

We already avoid supermarkets that track your purchases and present tailored ads that beckon based upon that,,,,

I did like that part where you can check in online and go straight onto the ship during embarkation.

I'm a techie and definitely like the idea, but will not be disappointed if it doesn't get implemented on X, especially if it's going to raise cruise prices.

Edited by GateGuardian

The thing is, I don't see how this helps cruise passengers. It might if they give portable "pay point" reading devices to the servers so they can present it to you for you to tap.

Nothing revolutionary, but it's quicker/easier to get into your room by just bumping your WoWband, than finding your card and inserting it.

Also, means you don't need to carry it in a pocket/wallet, so easier to carry. And when using the pools/waverider, also doesn't need to be more riskily left somewhere outside; you can keep it on your person.

I did like that part where you can check in online and go straight onto the ship during embarkation.

I do not think it can be practical to do that.

They still must be sure that you really have your passport or other acceptable documentation when you board.

Also, how do they know that someone showing up at the cruise terminal is really the person the Medallion is for?

I would agree about children & wrist bands on land for wandering adults, and see the value of smart chips for pets, but would prefer that the cruise line enhance cruise services like quality of food and entertainment rather than investing in this..

We already avoid supermarkets that track your purchases and present tailored ads that beckon based upon that,,,,

Tend to agree especially about food and entertainment. I do think however that it is a given that these will be on the Edge ships. Hopefully, in the next two years RCI gets the bugs ironed out.