seattle info

new 2crusin

I would be very comfortable with selecting this time. We try to get anything close to 11:00 or after, but we are also diligent about getting off the ship as early as possible. We have taken the ships shuttle service before, and been fine, but you have to wait until the bus is filled up OR we get the personal service of AJ Towncar. Arrange ahead of time, and know that he will be there when you need him. Pier 66 is closer then Pier 91, the pier Holland America, uses and works for us.

I highly recommend AJ Towncar Services while in Seattle. AJ is so nice, I know, because we have used him a few times for transportation needs while in Seattle. His number is (206) 697-5577. He is happy to give you a quote over the phone but I know he has a towncar that seats 4 comfortably that I think is $55 from the airport to Pier 91 or $45 to Pier 66 downtown...also hotels downtown. He has a SUV that is $65 from airport to Pier 91. I also think he has a 10 passenger van that is $12 per person (minimum 7 people). We have had him pick us up from Pioneer Square and also downtown Seattle and was ALWAYS on time, friendly, and great competitive prices. Here is his website that I just looked up. http://www.seatactowncar.com You will be happy you gave him your business Hope this helps you and others looking for transportation reviews. Tell him his friend from San Diego....Charlene....says helllooooo

Enjoy your cruise!!!! We stay usually at hotels at Pioneer Square area or Downtown to be able to walk to a lot of places like Pike Market etc...

Have an awesome trip.....and safe sailing :D LOVE ALASKA

Edited by VacationingCharlene

12:45 should be OK - especially on weekend but even weekday most of the route to the airport is counter-commute and the cabs all know the best shortcuts for the time of day as well as conditions on I-5. Probably be able to get off, collect luggage and be in taxi by 9:30 and at airport by 10:15 - so 2.5 hr margin. TSA Precheck or similar security would help a lot. On-line check-in and pre-printing (or loading to smartphone) the boarding pass would also help.

we are doing an Alaskan cruise in July, just wondering in a return flight at 12:45 after cruise is doable. on Norwegian read they leave from pier 66 is that correct?

Thanks

Yes that is correct, Norwegian leaves from pier 66 http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Documents/2017_cruise_schedule.pdf A 12:45 flight is about as prefect as it gets. The last couple of cruises we've been on we've gotten off the ship at around 8:15 or so and have driven by Sea-Tac airport by 8:45 or so.

thanks for all the info, was pretty comfortable figure doesn't hurt to check. contacted AJ yesterday everything set.:)

AWESOME....Glad you got everything arranged with AJ. I promise...you will be very glad you reserved with him :D Have a safe flight and an awesome cruise!! Enjoy

Edited by VacationingCharlene

Based on his website http://www.seatactowncar.com , if I'm reading correct the transfer from the airport to the cruiseship (Pier 91) is $45 each way for 4 people, is this correct ?

Do you know what type of car they will be using, just want to see what is the trunk size for luggages. I can give them a call, just want to check on CC for first hand experience.

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle

Based on his website http://www.seatactowncar.com , if I'm reading correct the transfer from the airport to the cruiseship (Pier 91) is $45 each way for 4 people, is this correct ?

Do you know what type of car they will be using, just want to see what is the trunk size for luggages. I can give them a call, just want to check on CC for first hand experience. Thanks

Hi! I just saw your post and glad you are thinking about using AJ. I DID send him a few texts asking him your questions but I would feel better if YOU called and confirmed. He did say, and I did mention above in Post #2, that I think it is $45 per carload to Pier 66 and $55 per carload to Pier 91. He has a Crown Victoria Towncar that fits 4 people comfortably but he said he would probably send the SUV Suburban type for the same price for the 4 people and their luggage...$55 per carload PLUS tip :-) each way. I really LIKE this guy and happy to send him customers. Hope you find the time to call and reserve with him. Happy sailing :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I just saw your post and glad you are thinking about using AJ. I DID send him a few texts asking him your questions but I would feel better if YOU called and confirmed. He did say, and I did mention above in Post #2, that I think it is $45 per carload to Pier 66 and $55 per carload to Pier 91. He has a Crown Victoria Towncar that fits 4 people comfortably but he said he would probably send the SUV Suburban type for the same price for the 4 people and their luggage...$55 per carload PLUS tip :-) each way. I really LIKE this guy and happy to send him customers. Hope you find the time to call and reserve with him. Happy sailing :-)

Hi I am going on 15 july Norwegian jewel to Alaska I am going to book for 4 adults with this firm as per your recommendation .How does he pick you up when off ship? I am wondering how early you can get off as we booked a early flight 10:50 but on a Saturday . ty for advice harry

Hi I am going on 15 july Norwegian jewel to Alaska I am going to book for 4 adults with this firm as per your recommendation .How does he pick you up when off ship? I am wondering how early you can get off as we booked a early flight 10:50 but on a Saturday . ty for advice harry

NICE HARRY!!! You will be very happy with him.

What we do is we let AJ know ahead of time the date we are coming back, which pier etc and then an estimate of the time you need him to pick you up. We might say 9:00am and then when we get thru the bulk of the lines, give him a call or he will text you asking when you want to be picked up and he is usually within 15 minutes or so. Or coming into Seattle we know about when our flight is suppose to come in, give him that time and just update with him. UPDATES are welcome on both sides :-)

Enjoy your cruise and Thanks for booking with AJ...tell him Charlene says HI please :-) Happy sailing

Hi ty for info. Where do you meet at when leaving ship ?is it close by or far? #2 we booked with seattle shuttle for arrival they are there for meet and greet at baggage claim and they go out doorway to suv a little more $75 for the 4 of us includes tip . How does this compare with your past airport arrivals? ty harry

How was exiting ship timewise what time earliest they will let us off and schedule pickup as we have a 10:50 flight? any help with information? ty Harry

10:50 flight? You're really pushing it. Is it possible? Yes. However, everything needs to go 100% perfect. Docking on time, you and your family getting off the ship in the very first group (hopefully by 7:00!), very little traffic to the airport, etc.

You're looking at about a 40 minute ride to the airport if there's an average amount of traffic.

How was exiting ship timewise what time earliest they will let us off and schedule pickup as we have a 10:50 flight? any help with information? ty Harry

Yeah, that’s pretty tight. Prearrange your transportation, security will go faster if you have something like Global Entry and knowing where your gate is will help. If at the north or south terminals you’ll need to take the train to get to either which will take more time.

Yeah, that’s pretty tight. Prearrange your transportation, security will go faster if you have something like Global Entry and knowing where your gate is will help. If at the north or south terminals you’ll need to take the train to get to either which will take more time.

TY we are going southwest and that was the best times available. I am prebooking suv to airport and will let ship know early flight .If we are going to miss flight Southwest lets you rebook with no change fees plus I bought tickets with preferred visa card that provides trip insurance? need to check into what that covers? finally worse case we are finished cruise just going home Ha ha! Nice to be retired plenty of time to figure things out with you all help here! harry

Called southwest air and told them my wife was concerned if ship came back late or shuttle did not make to airport in time? they gave me a # to call if this happens somebody online called it flat tire rule? they said will book us on next available flight with no extra charges! nice going :D Southwest air stock went up $4.00 today I see why now!

Called southwest air and told them my wife was concerned if ship came back late or shuttle did not make to airport in time? they gave me a # to call if this happens somebody online called it flat tire rule? they said will book us on next available flight with no extra charges! nice going :D Southwest air stock went up $4.00 today I see why now!

Don't worry, the cruiseships dock at 7AM in Seattle. You are in Victoria the night before and leave Victoria at 12:01. The cruiseships only go 8 knots to Seattle as it is a short distance. Port of Seattle has the highest port charges in the world, and that is the reason for the docking at 7AM.

there are so many car service companies in Seattle; I will try the one listed on this forum

AWESOME!!! I hope all you guys come back here and give your reviews of AJ and his towncar service. I think you guys will be as pleased as we are and THAT is why I like to give him some kudos :D Have a great trip to Seattle with the Grandkids!!

"I highly recommend AJ Towncar Services while in Seattle. AJ is so nice, I know, because we have used him a few times for transportation needs while in Seattle. His number is (206) 697-5577. He is happy to give you a quote over the phone but I know he has a towncar that seats 4 comfortably that I think is $55 from the airport to Pier 91 or $45 to Pier 66 downtown...also hotels downtown. He has a SUV that is $65 from airport to Pier 91. I also think he has a 10 passenger van that is $12 per person (minimum 7 people). We have had him pick us up from Pioneer Square and also downtown Seattle and was ALWAYS on time, friendly, and great competitive prices. Here is his website that I just looked up. http://www.seatactowncar.com You will be happy you gave him your business Hope this helps you and others looking for transportation reviews. Tell him his friend from San Diego....Charlene....says helllooooo"