Really trivial, first world question about Neptune Suites

Kate-AHF

We are sailing in 20 days on the Zuiderdam. I understand they have pod-type coffee makers in Neptune suites? What does the set-up include as far as creamer? If it's a packet of coffemate I should bring a supply of Mini-Moos, I guess.

We are sailing in 20 days on the Zuiderdam. I understand they have pod-type coffee makers in Neptune suites? What does the set-up include as far as creamer? If it's a packet of coffemate I should bring a supply of Mini-Moos, I guess.

We got three non-dairy liquid creamers daily. They were fine.

JMHO, I'm probably in the minority but I found those coffee makers to be almost worthless. They're fine if you like fru fru coffee, espresso, etc. And, no, I didn't particularly care for the coffee in the Neptune Lounge either. My European born wife liked the coffee in the Lounge.

If you just want a cup of coffee, you'll do better in the lido. Personally, I'd rather have a keurig.

Anyone looking for "real" coffee, be sure to take the HAL cruises that go from Costa Rica to Puerto Chiapas in Southern Mexico and explore the coffee tours they offer. Argovia in Chiapas and Docca pea-berry coffee in Costa Rica ... umm... ummm.....ummm.

If you travel with Saran Wrap (Who doesn't?) just order coffee from room service. You'll get a little pitcher of cream and you can cover it and keep it in your fridge. You can also just order cream from room service. It's just like camping.

If you travel with Saran Wrap (Who doesn't?) just order coffee from room service. You'll get a little pitcher of cream and you can cover it and keep it in your fridge. You can also just order cream from room service. It's just like camping.

I've never had a camping experience where I could get room service.

I've never had a camping experience where I could get room service.

I have been camping when the bears thought i was offering them room service.

Our west we have "glamping" which does offer room service to the heated tents. Glamour camping.

Non-dairy creamer in the room, but good coffee since I don't use creamer (I like it strong and black). One of the reasons I got used to black coffee is that I loathe that non-dairy stuff. LOL! Coffee in the Neptune Lounge is awesome though. Very much like the machine I have at home. Love it.

I have been camping when the bears thought i was offering them room service.

Our west we have "glamping" which does offer room service to the heated tents. Glamour camping.

Now, that kind of camping I might be able to endure, at leas for a night. Do they have happy hour, too

Non-dairy creamer in the room, but good coffee since I don't use creamer (I like it strong and black). One of the reasons I got used to black coffee is that I loathe that non-dairy stuff. LOL! Coffee in the Neptune Lounge is awesome though. Very much like the machine I have at home. Love it.

I have a pod coffee maker at home, but I didn't care for the one in the cabin. My companion and I got at least a couple of coffees per day from the Neptune Lounge. We were right across the hall from the NL, so it was very convenient.

Thanks to all for the replies... I've enjoyed reading all of them!

We are three floors away from the Neptune lounge and I don't think they open until 6am... so for that first, crucial cup at 5am, in-room coffee it will be. I will pack the mini-Moo's.

Thanks to all for the replies... I've enjoyed reading all of them!

We are three floors away from the Neptune lounge and I don't think they open until 6am... so for that first, crucial cup at 5am, in-room coffee it will be. I will pack the mini-Moo's.

I think that is what you get in the room with the coffee maker (as I mentioned earlier).

Also, I wonder if you cannot get these from the Neptune Lounge or the Lido (I cannot remember if they have them - perhaps someone else can post the answer). And store in your refrigerator.

Edited by DaveOKC

I think that is what you get in the room with the coffee maker (as I mentioned earlier).

Also, I wonder if you cannot get these from the Neptune Lounge or the Lido (I cannot remember if they have them - perhaps someone else can post the answer). And store in your refrigerator.

Hi Dave - I thought you said that there were non-dairy creamers in the room? That's what decided me on mini-Moos. To me, non-dairy creamer is like drinking chalk.

So funny that you asked this question! I have wondered about this myself since I have not been in a Eurodam Neptune suite since the renovation. I do usually pack a ziplock of Mini Moos when I travel, doesn't everyone. A perfect coffee is a must.

You will love the coffee machine in the Neptune lounge. I also bring a large travel mug so I can make coffee and take a walkabout in the morning.

I am hoping to use the in room machine for heating water for tea at night. Will it work for that? Without a pod?

So funny that you asked this question! I have wondered about this myself since I have not been in a Eurodam Neptune suite since the renovation. I do usually pack a ziplock of Mini Moos when I travel, doesn't everyone. A perfect coffee is a must.

You will love the coffee machine in the Neptune lounge. I also bring a large travel mug so I can make coffee and take a walkabout in the morning.

I am hoping to use the in room machine for heating water for tea at night. Will it work for that? Without a pod?

Our first cruise was in a Neptune Suite on the Zaandam. I loved the coffee in the Neptune lounge, and thought all cruise coffee would be like that. Ummm.... no. Ick.

Thank you for the tip on the travel mug. As much as i hate the thought of packing One. More. Thing. I think your suggestion is a must-do.

Everyone has their "thing" I guess. For some folks, it's available wine, or pillows, or piano bars. Mine happens to be coffee.

I hope you can use the pod coffee maker for hot water. I travel with tea bags too. ;-)

Edited by Kate-AHF

Thank you for the tip on the travel mug. As much as i hate the thought of packing One. More. Thing. I think your suggestion is a must-do.

Travel mugs earn their packing space if you stuff them with something. You could fill them with those tea bags on the way out, then the pillow chocolates, or something breakable, on the way back.

Hi Dave - I thought you said that there were non-dairy creamers in the room? That's what decided me on mini-Moos. To me, non-dairy creamer is like drinking chalk.

I may have used the wrong term the first time. What we got was 3 small containers that have liquid in them and look like the mini-mos you mentioned, but they do not have to be refrigerated.

Edited by DaveOKC