2 NCL Dining & Drinking questions.

We haven't been on a cruise in almost 2 years! (Our Thanksgiving one got re-positioned, so we moved it to Christmas, and the same thing happened.) Now we are up for the Mexican Riviera in March.

Our package came with "2 x adult ultimate beverage package" and "2 x 4 meal specialty package."

My TA is on vacation ... can someone tell me 1) if the kids get free beverages also because we are getting the adult beverage package, or do we have to buy it? I don't want to BUY it, but I seem to remember that everyone in the cabin has to have a drink package? 2) 2 x 4 meal specialty .... does that mean my husband and I can eat 4x at a specialty restaurant? And what about the kids .... regular price .... ?

So what's your question?

Ultimate beverage package covers all your drinks up to a certain value. Which for us was all of them.

Specialty dining, you'll get four meals each. You can book on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So what's your question?

Ultimate beverage package covers all your drinks up to a certain value. Which for us was all of them.

4 meals, each - check, thank you.

But the children while we have the adult UDP - do we have to buy them a package too?

You don't have to buy soda packages for the kids if you don't want to. At the same time, the kids don't automatically get free drinks using your beverage packages. If you order drinks for them, you are supposed to pay for them. At least in theory. In practice you will probably get a lot of them for free.

So what's your question?

This isn't exactly correct.

The first two passengers will have the beverage package. No one else in the cabin will have a beverage package (even soda). You will not be forced to purchase one for them, but you can if you want to do so.

The only time everyone is forced to have a beverage package is if you are purchasing it for the first two people in the cabin.

The first two passengers in the cabin will also have the 4-meal dining package. Those must be used by the first two passengers (you can't split 8 meals between the four of you). For the others in your cabin, you either need to purchase them a dining package, pay a la carte, or they can eat for free off of the general kids' menu if they fall in that category.

Our package came with "2 x adult ultimate beverage package" and "2 x 4 meal specialty package."

My TA is on vacation ... can someone tell me 1) if the kids get free beverages also because we are getting the adult beverage package, or do we have to buy it?

There was a time when guests 3 & 4 recieved the soda package. It would depend on the promos when you booked.

I don't want to BUY it, but I seem to remember that everyone in the cabin has to have a drink package?
You never have to "buy" a package for the kids if the adults received the UBP as a promo. Even if guests 3 & 4 are 25 years-old, they don't have to buy a package if guests 1 & 2 received the UBP as a promo.

2) 2 x 4 meal specialty .... does that mean my husband and I can eat 4x at a specialty restaurant? And what about the kids .... regular price .... ?

Correct. Parents can eat at 4 specialty restaurants (even the same one 4 times). If the kids eat from the regular menu, they are charged full price. If the kids order from the the fleet-wide kids' menu, it is no charge.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We haven't been on a cruise in almost 2 years! (Our Thanksgiving one got re-positioned, so we moved it to Christmas, and the same thing happened.) Now we are up for the Mexican Riviera in March.

My TA is on vacation ... can someone tell me 1) if the kids get free beverages also because we are getting the adult beverage package, or do we have to buy it? I don't want to BUY it, but I seem to remember that everyone in the cabin has to have a drink package? 2) 2 x 4 meal specialty .... does that mean my husband and I can eat 4x at a specialty restaurant? And what about the kids .... regular price .... ?

Sorry this is all of the post shows from my app. There is nothing else that I can see that you quoted. Strange! Sorry to cause any confusion.