Cucina del Capitano question

zdub86

On Carnival's website it says the cost is an additional $15 per person for dinner. But is it also open for lunch?? And if so, is it free or does lunch also cost $15? Carnival Breeze to be exact. Thanks!

On Carnival's website it says the cost is an additional $15 per person for dinner. But is it also open for lunch?? And if so, is it free or does lunch also cost $15? Carnival Breeze to be exact. Thanks!

It is free for lunch but with a different menu.

lunch is free and it is only pasta and sauce. threes like 10+ different kinds of pastas and sauces you can choose from.

Yep! Free for lunch. We went twice, it was a nice option to have. They have the create your own pasta during that time. There were about 4 different sauces, like 6 pastas, and then you can add meat (shrimp, chicken, meatballs), and you can also get a salad and bread on the side.

Wonder if it is the same place they have on Sunshine. It was free at lunch and $15 each for dinner. There were a few different types of pasta to choose from, then a few different sauces. You could choose to add in mushrooms, zucchini, and some other items. Could add bread and/or a salad as well. Was very good.

Lunch is free and dinner well worth the $15.

What about a meat lasagna? On the Vista they had the pasta, sauce, topping choices as well as Caesar salad & bread, but they also had a lasagna that was excellent (At least to my taste buds). Is the lasagna unique to Vista?

Not unique to the Vista.

The Breeze has the Lasagna, Salad, Create your pasta bowl, bread, etc.

I too liked the Lasagna. So much so I went back for lunch a second time a couple days later.

Some here are so quick to display their knowledge they end up doing just the opposite.

Wonder if it is the same place they have on Sunshine. It was free at lunch and $15 each for dinner. There were a few different types of pasta to choose from, then a few different sauces. You could choose to add in mushrooms, zucchini, and some other items. Could add bread and/or a salad as well. Was very good.

It is the same

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And worth the visit!!!

Absolutely not for this Bronx boy who grew up on homemade southern Italian cooking at home and on Arthur Avenue.

I tried dinner on the Magic and lunch on the Vista, the "sauce" is sweet and sugary, not at all like the Italian gravy I had every Sunday and Wednesday as a kid.

But if you think Olive Garden has good Italian, then you might place the Cucina in the same category.

Edited by evandbob

Absolutely not for this Bronx boy who grew up on homemade southern Italian cooking at home and on Arthur Avenue.

I tried dinner on the Magic and lunch on the Vista, the "sauce" is sweet and sugary, not at all like the Italian gravy I had every Sunday and Wednesday as a kid.

But if you think Olive Garden has good Italian, then you might place the Cucina in the same category.

I envy you Bob- I grew up with a mother, bless her heart, whose idea of 'Italian' food was spaghetti covered in canned Tomato Soup!!! :eek: is it any wonder I hated the idea of 'Italian' food until I moved away from home and realized that it can actually be delicious? To this day I can make my brother retch by mentioning pasta and canned soup!

LOL, well it sure looks better then Arthur avenue thank heaven

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I envy you Bob- I grew up with a mother, bless her heart, whose idea of 'Italian' food was spaghetti covered in canned Tomato Soup!!! :eek: is it any wonder I hated the idea of 'Italian' food until I moved away from home and realized that it can actually be delicious? To this day I can make my brother retch by mentioning pasta and canned soup!

funny

When I was on Magic recently I had lunch there and it was very good, portion was huge. Dinner was horrible. Meatballs were nothing special at all. I sent the first pasta dish back, tasteless. Server brought me linguine and it too was not good. Must have been the chef. Then another server gave me someone else's to go leftover spaghetti. Told her it wasn't mine and how was the person going to heat it? She looked puzzled and said "oh, yeah."

Going to try again in April.

Edited by crusinpsychRN