Sailing Majesty In March During Spring Break...Good Idea or No?

Having sailed on two spring break short cruise there will never be a third for many reasons as given by others. This may be especially true on the small Majesty where many cabin rooms the size of a walk in closet, have 4 "kids" and forces them to be all over the ship.

Dennis, we're not too far off age-wise from you guys. It may not be that bad a sailing, but I'm still considering what to do. Interesting seeing the perspectives of others on CC.

IF the thought of all those young adults partying on spring break may not be for you, consider a longer (7 more days) cruise. (Oasis sails out of Port Canaveral too)... Most spring breakers like the short 3-4 day venues, less expensive and just the right amount of time to really party hardy....

D & S

Only sailed spring break 1 time, many years ago. We could NOT get near the pool area bar.

Feb. 2016 Celebrity Constellation had a "Cruise From Hell" as it was called by those who sailed that week. Drunks and their body waste everywhere. Not for me.

Hi Judi,

My daughter, who will be 20 and I will be on that cruise. We are going due to her dates, not mine. We aren't going with any agenda and just looking forward to being together, resting and seeing the shows. We are looking forward to it and hoping for the best.

Hi Judi,

My daughter, who will be 20 and I will be on that cruise. We are going due to her dates, not mine. We aren't going with any agenda and just looking forward to being together, resting and seeing the shows. We are looking forward to it and hoping for the best.

Enjoy!

I've never been on a short cruise but 7 day cruises most spring break college kids are on Carnival cruises not RCL it's all about the party and the cost with college kids. I've never had any run ins with spring breakers [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are so wrong. Did a B2B from San Juan last year and even from there we had tons of spring breakers the 2nd week. What a difference between the two weeks. Short cruises are especially packed with college kids. Don't do it 😱

My 2003 Majesty cruise was during Spring Break and was just fine. I would imagine that it is the luck of the draw. We got a group of kids that were there to have a good time, but didn't go nuts. On the other hand, the February Celebrity cruise mentioned above wasn't during Spring Break, wasn't on a known party ship and sounds to have been awful.

In March, you are not going to encounter "kids" on your cruise. You are going to be overrun with COLLEGE STUDENTS on Spring Break. A three or four night cruise full of 18 to 21 year olds.

'Nuff said?

:eek:

LOL and true! :)

We also have encountered groups of ladies and a few groups of men getting married soon.

I took a 4 night Majesty cruise a few years ago. It wasn't during spring break, and it was overrun with college kids. The only time it was a problem was at Coco Cay. They were so drunk and obnoxious. On the tender ride back there was a group of really drunk guys shouting rude things to women AND very racist things. It was very uncomfortable. I was glad my kids weren't with me so I didn't have to say anything. Overall we didn't really see them much. They made karaoke more fun. It was really just that tender ride that was awful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Best thing on any cruise is to bring a positive attitude. Next, avoid any cranky people you may meet. We did a cruise during a spring break and loved it. Loaded with teachers looking to unwind from dealing with their dear charges through the school year. They were fun to be with! There was an unfortunate event on the EOS where some teenagers ran crazy and damaged the Library. The captain went on the PA the next day to remind parents to watch their kids. That was the first I knew of the problem so it did not directly impact my cruise. I think RCL may have discharged the family from the ship, my memory is a bit lacking in specifics. I know the bill the family got must have been big!

I have been on cruises around HS/College breaks and except for that ine event in the EOS each trip was great.

OP here. My friend and I are settling on the 3-day 3/24 Majesty sailing. Gonna do a day on the front-end in Orlando just to chill out before the cruise. It's actually the final week of March, so Spring Break will be winding down for most schools; if not, no biggie. We'll deal. We're from the Chi, so we're pretty tough. The opinions you all gave were pretty helpful. Thanks for the guidance, and maybe I'll have an interesting review when I return. :cool: