Sailing Majesty In March During Spring Break...Good Idea or No?

My friend and I are considering booking a March sailing on Majesty. The rates aren't terrible BUT, I'm concerned about it being Spring Break season all over the country...LOL

Wondering whether anybody had any experience with sailing during that period (good or bad). Are the ships typically occupied during Spring vacation with children? I enjoy the kids up to a point, but don't think I want to be overrun by them. Just curious to hear others thoughts. Thanks.

In March, you are not going to encounter "kids" on your cruise. You are going to be overrun with COLLEGE STUDENTS on Spring Break. A three or four night cruise full of 18 to 21 year olds.

'Nuff said?

:eek:

College students are still "kids" in my book. Not certain about them either. Still taking it all under advisement right now. Thanks.

There is a different element on 3-4 night cruises than you might find on 7 or longer. It never stopped us from having a great time and getting away. Our schedules coincided with schools being off, so we had many cruises with kids of all ages. Great entertainment!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just my opinion and for me it's incredibly difficult to have a bad time on a cruise but I have done two that spring breakers did their damndest to make it miserable. Children tend to be much better behaved than these "kids."

NEVER NEVER NEVER again if I can help it.

Spring is the best time to go. There are some children but it isn't overwhelming. It's a quieter time to go plus with the kid free areas and the flow riders you rarely see any of the few kids that are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Majesty doesn't have a kids free area or a flow rider. We have sailed during spring break in the past, I don't plan on repeating that again.

I booked about 5 years ago. I am a teacher in Florida and few districts were on Spring break. However is seems the entire north eastern U. S. was. Over 800 kids on the ship. Adult areas were nice however you had

to wait forever for an elevator because unsupervised kids would push the button for every floor. I love kids, but have not gone during that time again.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Forums mobile app

My friend and I are considering booking a March sailing on Majesty. The rates aren't terrible BUT, I'm concerned about it being Spring Break season all over the country...LOL

Wondering whether anybody had any experience with sailing during that period (good or bad). Are the ships typically occupied during Spring vacation with children? I enjoy the kids up to a point, but don't think I want to be overrun by them. Just curious to hear others thoughts. Thanks.

The pool deck bars will be jammed all cruise. Don't expect to get any service from roaming bar servers.

Went on a Spring Break 3 day cruise on Enchantment in March back in 2015. There are school age kids and college age kids on Spring Break during those months of March & April and the ship was loaded with kids from all age groups. We did not have any problems and did not really have any interaction with rude kids but choose not to do a spring break cruise again because everything is jammed pack with kids everywhere you go on board. :cool:

Edited by bigque

For what its worth, I've sailed Majesty 4 times, only once during spring break. The capacity of the ship doesn't vary, so for the most part during the day it was just another cruise. I probably was in bed by 12-1am and the deck party went on with out bothering my sleep. The only negative was getting up at 8am to run a couple of miles , the pool deck looked like a frat house on Saturday morning. by noon it was back to normal.

Thanks to the drink packages I saw as many drunks in October as I did on Spring break. That didn't bother me. Now had I been a woman and trying to actually win the battle of the sexes that might have bothered me.

Edited by BillOh
Corrected a typo so the people who scour the board for mistakes can't comment.

We've done a 5 day Brilliance over spring break. More college aged kids than younger kids. The pool and associated bars are jam packed and service suffers for it. Beyond that, we had no issues. They pretty much stuck to that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In March, you are not going to encounter "kids" on your cruise. You are going to be overrun with COLLEGE STUDENTS on Spring Break. A three or four night cruise full of 18 to 21 year olds.

'Nuff said?

:eek:

I agree. Another thing, on our MJ cruise, the college kids are not taught good feet/foot hygiene. It other words, their shoes stunk. So many tennis shoes were outside cabin doors and the hallway smelled bad.

It was almost impossible to get a drink at any pool bars in a timely fashion.

Edited by troykahack

We do a spring break cruise every year with our now teenaged kids, however, we (including our kids) don't like being overrun by any aged "kids." As many have said, the shorter the cruise the more potential for trouble. Our best cruise people-wise was a 10 day on HAL. Very few kids and very uncrowded. The worst was a 5 day on Carnival. Never again, but we should've known better. Had to explain a lot of bad behavior to our kids and discreetly remove them from the pool area when a college kid dropped his pants. :mad: Luckily it was dark out. Expect the pools and other popular areas to be crowded but that's probably true any time of the year. Our 7 day on the Allure was VERY crowded. We are doing a 10 day on the Serenade in March and can't wait. Hope you enjoy your cruise whenever you take it.

I agree. Another thing, on our MJ cruise, the college kids are not taught good feet/foot hygiene. It other words, their shoes stunk. So many tennis shoes were outside cabin doors and the hallway smelled bad.

Hahahaha That's hilarious and disgusting. Putting down in my cruise notes right now to check my boys' shoes for stink before final packing.

Edited by bracy

Have Majesty booked for 5/29 for our anniversary...which is not Spring break

...but lots of high school graduations. Drats...had to get married on June 1st! ;)

Though I am guessing really, really big sister Oasis may be taking the bulk

of the celebrating high school kids. More for them to do on that one.

Now THIS right here blows my mind. I've never experienced seeing footwear (stinky or otherwise) outside in the hall of the cabins. Yuk.

Wife & I have made about 10 Spring Break Cruises (March) since 2010....

Children (under 18) very few...

Young Adults very many....

We are both in our late 60's and you might imagine we would not really like spring break cruising, but, we really LIKE them...

All those young adults having fun, Makes you fell younger too...

The eye candy for Everyone is great too...

Dennis & Sue

Wife & I have made about 10 Spring Break Cruises (March) since 2010....

Children (under 18) very few...

Young Adults very many....

We are both in our late 60's and you might imagine we would not really like spring break cruising, but, we really LIKE them...

All those young adults having fun, Makes you fell younger too...

The eye candy for Everyone is great too...

Dennis & Sue

Dennis, we're not too far off age-wise from you guys. It may not be that bad a sailing, but I'm still considering what to do. Interesting seeing the perspectives of others on CC.