Anthem of the Seas; How Do I Get On RipCord & NorthStar?

I'm booked on the Anthem of the Seas. We chose this ship because we are so excited about the RipCord by IFly and NorthStar activities. However, in the cruise planner, they are already unavailable to book online. Well, NorthStar had one opening, which we did grab, but it is during our Nassau day, and we really want to do the sea lion excursion. :(

I've heard that once I get on the ship, I can try to sign up for a stand-by reservation. Does the ship make sure to accommodate everyone who wants to ride? I'm afraid to cancel our NorthStar reservation, but if I was guaranteed a ride, I'd cancel in a heartbeat to book the sea lion excursion. I especially wanted to try RipCord. I'm really bummed to think we may be sinking thousands into a cruise, when the activities we want may be unavailable to us. :'(

Does anyone have experience on the Anthem, and can advise? Tyvmia..

Not all slots are available to pre-book online. Go to the sign up desk right after embarkation to sign up. There are no guarantees (weather can cancel Northstar) but there's a very good chance you'll be able to ride both attractions.

Before you board, download the free RoyalIQ app to your smart phones and/or tablets. Some people were able to connect while waiting in the terminal, but we weren't able to connect until we were literally on the ship. You can make reservations via this app. You can also view all your reservations, the Compass, your account, etc, so it's a very useful app to have.

Alternatively, after you board, head over to the iPad in the shore excursion area which is right across from where you enter the ship (there are iPads in the customer service, but it is usually MUCH busier there). You can make your reservations there.

You can't have two reservations, so I would keep the one you already have until you get onboard and check that there are other timeslots available. Then quickly cancel the reservation and make a new one.

We booked two Anthem cruises at the last minute, and had no problem making reservations onboard. But, we got to the port around 10:30am and were on the ship at 11am, so I recommend getting to the ship as early as possible.

Sign up for early in the cruise if you can so if weather cancels and both can be canceled because of weather you have some time.

Rip cord does have a standby line but it can be a lot a waiting around. If your with a group book 1/2 in one time and 1/2 in another a hour or more later so someone from each group can take pictures and or video. We did one group in morning and 1 in afternoon worked out great.

Yes Rccl will take your picture but I really wanted video

If your with a group book 1/2 in one time and 1/2 in another a hour or more later so someone from each group can take pictures and or video.

This is exactly what I wanted to do. I hope we still can! I suppose I'm going to have to decide between NorthStar and the sea lion excursion, since I can't book both in the same spot. NorthStar is currently booked 9 am in Nassau. Sea Lions are at 8 am. :/

We sailed over 6 months ago so I'm not sure if anything has changed between now and then but we did. It have luck getting reservations through Royal IQ or anywhere once on board. BUT we did get on both north star and I fly in the standby line. North Star never seemed to have a long line so I think you will have really good chances of getting on. I fly was more challenging but the advice on CC was to go when they open in the morning. I think I showed up about 15-20 beforehand and was able to get in.

Edited by ATLgirl15

When you get onboard (and I would suggest the earlier the better) go straight to the theater. They will have people setting up reservations for RipCord, NorthStar and the Puzzle Room. We had a party of 8 and we were able to get all the day/times we wanted

There are 2 levels for the theater. We went to the upper level and they had a long line, the lower level had less than 5 people waiting.

I am not sure if they will take reservations for the various shows but if still needed you can check.

Thank you all! I'm going to heed all the good advise and hope for the best! I'm still trying to decide whether to cancel Northstar so we can see the sea lions (and hope to rebook Northstar) or keep our Northstar reservation and book the sea lion excursion directly through blue lagoon so we can get a later morning or early afternoon reservation. Just worried about getting back to the ship on time! :D

Thank you all! I'm going to heed all the good advise and hope for the best! I'm still trying to decide whether to cancel Northstar so we can see the sea lions (and hope to rebook Northstar) or keep our Northstar reservation and book the sea lion excursion directly through blue lagoon so we can get a later morning or early afternoon reservation. Just worried about getting back to the ship on time! :D

Hmm - sea lions are everywhere. Northstar isn't.

I would not cancel a port excursion for Northstar. You go up for a few minutes and look down on your surroundings. It's nice, but not that great, and I think you should be able to do standby even if you don't get to book it as soon as you get onboard.

The ifly was harder to schedule if you didn't book before sailing or once you boarded. On our cruise, the wait list was 140 people and they said most would not get on.

I would not cancel a port excursion for Northstar. You go up for a few minutes and look down on your surroundings. It's nice, but not that great, and I think you should be able to do standby even if you don't get to book it as soon as you get onboard.

The ifly was harder to schedule if you didn't book before sailing or once you boarded. On our cruise, the wait list was 140 people and they said most would not get on.

Agree, I would do the excursion over North star, but it is truly up to you.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk