Regal Princess Tomorrow

yancycruiser

We like to arrive at the terminal, turn in luggage and get into line by 11 AM. We like to get our vacation started as soon as possible and in that line of thinking we always arrive at the port at least the day before. Cutting it close to departure is no way to start a vacation.

We have arrived as early as 11:15, which is perfect for us, and as late as

12:45 ( too hectic, long waits to pull to the curb, that type of thing)

In March we might just plan on arriving at 2:00, which is s great time to arrive. Of course, if we decide to arrive around 10:45, I kind of feel like it wouldn't be worth it since the doors won't open until 11:00 and we would most likely still be in a sizable line, so by arriving 11:1511:30 we would kind of avoid the initial rush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We arrive at 10 and they start boarding around noon.

So you have to wait in line for an hour? Or have they ever opened the doors prior to 11:00?

I'd rather wait in the comfort of my hotel room

So you have to wait in line for an hour? Or have they ever opened the doors prior to 11:00?

Check in normally opens around 10:30 or so. After check in you wait in a seating area, by group number in the order of arrival. Boarding normally starts around noon, but can be a little earlier. I have never seen boarding prior to 11am. A few times I have seen priority passengers board before noon, maybe 11:45.

I typically come straight from the airport :eek:! (Risky, I know). The only place I have to wait is the cruise port.

We've gotten there about 10-10:30 and have boarded by 11:45 ish. Platinum group.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

That seems to be a typical experience.

I will add a caviat- I was on the Emerald last March- when they ran several concurrent 4 and 5 day cruises. I was boarding at the same time about 700 college Spring-breakers were disembarking. That was a bit of a boon-doggle. We stood in line for a lot longer that time- as many of the college students could not find their cruise cards which is required to disembark.

We are elite and always arrived early to the port to stand in line or best case scenario to sit in a lounge.

On our most recent trip we had a late check out time of noon at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. In the morning we ate breakfast and then went down to the pool area to read books. Right at noon we turned in our key card and contacted Uber. Check in was very fast and we still boarded in time to enjoy lunch in the main dining room. This was a low stress way to start our vacation.

Check in normally opens around 10:30 or so. After check in you wait in a seating area, by group number in the order of arrival. Boarding normally starts around noon, but can be a little earlier. I have never seen boarding prior to 11am. A few times I have seen priority passengers board before noon, maybe 11:45.

Thanks. We've boarded at pt Everglades many times , terminal 2, and others, but I didn't realize they open the doors as early as 10:30. We never arrive before 11:15-11:30, so now maybe we will attempt a 10:00 am departure from our hotel this time, but last April it was a nightmare upon our 12:30 arrival. They had just opened the doors at noon due to a Delay and people were lined up the length of the building and farther, so that is my only hesitation in arriving too early, even though we have priority boarding we like to avoid all of that mess [emoji3]