What did you pay for Vista? Include details

tallnthensome

Booked june 2016 for june 3 2017 for 8 days Southern Caribbean Spa Balcony Room for 2 on deck 11.

Cruise rate= $3548.00

Taxes, port, grats= $234.50

Vacation protection=$318.00

total= $4100.50

onboard credit= $100.00 for booking while on cruise with Magic.

I booked for the same room category adjacent to my room for my friend a month later and the total room rate, tax,port, grats, insurance went up to $4,487.70.

Checked the latest room rate as of today and still showing same rate. If the rate goes down I hope someone will post it so I can get onboard credit for me and my friend. More for drinks and photos!:)

You can easily check current prices for your cruise here:

https://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#

I just booked today for an interior Solo on an 8 day southern for October 2017.

Paid $1853

Been watching prices for 2 months and have seen no change.

Did get $50 OBC

2 category upgrade

Reduced deposit.

Plus if you have a lot of Marriott points, book through them. You can use points for dollar off. I cashed in 63000 points for $250 off which paid my deposit. 125000 points is $500 off. And u earn points on dollar spent.

Thanks everyone for posting. These prices helps me decide on if the 8 day is a better value since I'm solo and the prices are not dropping. I'm looking at March, April, May or June 2017. Instead of taking two cruises this year; I may just do an 8 day. Now I just have to plan around grad school (Spring break is March 14- 20; classes ends May 14; Commencement is not scheduled yet :-( ), work, and Matt (Sorry, but I love Matt and can't risk having a bad cruise director, too bad he's on break in March). Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

6 Day Western Caribbean for two 10/15/17.

Booked 8/14/16

Cruise Fare =1548

Taxes Fees and Port charges= 239.06

Gratuities = 155.40

We have an 8C balcony which was a two category upgrade with $50 OBC

Booked December 2015. Sailing next month.

3 people in a deluxe family harbor ocean view

CRUISE CHARGES

Cruise Rate $1,777.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $353.34

Total Cruise Charges $2,130.34

OPTIONAL CHARGES

Prepaid Gratuities $216.00

Total Optional Charges $216.00

TOTAL CHARGES $2,346.34

What's the point especially if you are past final payment? Assurance that you didn't get hosed? To give the braggarts a chance to claim that they outsmarted everyone else and paid the lowest?

At the time you booked the price was agreeable. Once on board it's best not to get into any "How much did you pay?" discussions as it is way too late to do anything about it. With the fluid pricing on cruises there will be somebody who paid less than you.

Enjoy your upcoming vacation. Don't let pricing detract from your enjoyment - you did lock in the cabin and sailing that you wanted.

Asking what you paid after the fact is a bit like asking your plane seat marte what they paid for their flight and finding out they booked yesterday and paid $$$$ less than you when you booked months back. Set up for regret.

$3,500 for 4 people for 8 days is under $110 a day. Not a bad rate at all.

Ok, I'll play...

Booked as a solo in Jan 2016 for sailing on Sept 9th of 2017, 8 day Eastern Caribbean. Inside on deck 7 (Cat 4F) $1,308 + $122.77 port fees = $1,430.77

As of today, the same cabin category is selling for $1,758 plus port fees... Total of $1,880.77 :eek:

Add Cheers to that, and I'm at $1,890.29, and that's before DSC, flights and 1 night in a hotel prior to sailing/...

Booked 12/17/2015 for 02/11/2017 cruise for two passengers.

Vista premium balcony cabin 6463.

CRUISE CHARGES

Cruise Rate $2,998.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $230.22

Total Cruise Charges $3,228.22

OPTIONAL CHARGES

Prepaid Gratuities $192.00

Total Optional Charges $192.00

TOTAL CHARGES $3,420.22

Edited by kcbbq

I think everyone posting understands that the rates vary widely based on date booked, date of sailing, cabin choice, # of people in cabin, etc... There is no harm in comparing when everyone understands this going in. Notice no one has done anything other than post what they paid? No deep discussion about who paid less/more or why. It is what it is. We paid what we paid. The end.

What's the point especially if you are past final payment? Assurance that you didn't get hosed? To give the braggarts a chance to claim that they outsmarted everyone else and paid the lowest?

At the time you booked the price was agreeable. Once on board it's best not to get into any "How much did you pay?" discussions as it is way too late to do anything about it. With the fluid pricing on cruises there will be somebody who paid less than you.

Enjoy your upcoming vacation. Don't let pricing detract from your enjoyment - you did lock in the cabin and sailing that you wanted.

Asking what you paid after the fact is a bit like asking your plane seat marte what they paid for their flight and finding out they booked yesterday and paid $$$$ less than you when you booked months back. Set up for regret.

$3,500 for 4 people for 8 days is under $110 a day. Not a bad rate at all.

6-day March 5, 2017 Booked in July, 2016 during a $200 OBC Sale. Required paying in full to get the OBC.

Inside Cabin for 2

$1138 (Net of 938 with OBC)

394 Taxes/Fees

158 Insurance

$1,690 Total Paid with $200 OBC.

Used 100,000 Carnival points to 'get' a statement credit for $1,500 so actual cash paid for cruise was $190. :D:D:D I'm ahead $10 for the cruise but took a hit on airfare from Central IL during Spring Break. Still happy though!

This information is useful for those who have not booked and for you those who would consider booking again. Even if OP is already booked; the information can give him a better idea of booking with Carnival again since this is his second time cruising. I saw low last minute prices for December 2016 two weeks before sailings. Otherwise, from my research and what others have posted, in order to get a lower fare/specific room for the Vista; you need to book about a year out. Or have $2000 already saved for a vacation.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

I think everyone posting understands that the rates vary widely based on date booked, date of sailing, cabin choice, # of people in cabin, etc... There is no harm in comparing when everyone understands this going in. Notice no one has done anything other than post what they paid? No deep discussion about who paid less/more or why. It is what it is. We paid what we paid. The end.

My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

8 Night Western Caribbean on the Vista March 25th 2017 sailing

Lido Deck Balcony - Cat 8F Mid Ship

Booked ~ April 2016

3 people - 2 adults, 1 child (13)

Costs:

Cruise $3417

Taxes, fees, ports $639.75

Total = $4056.75

Purchased 3rd party Travel Insurance

Save $350 using AARP Gift Cards

Grand total (w/out excursions, drinks, etc.) $3706.75

This actually helps me. I learned that booking sooner than I normally do for cruises will most likely save me money. I don't see the harm in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My upcoming 6 Day March 19th 2017 cruise was booked today 1/9/2017. I booked a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony cabin for $2554. Prepaid gratuities was $77, cruise insurance was $183.

I'm going solo and am Gold VIFP. This will be my 7th cruise on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Eng23