Platinum Laundry Benefit Question

CruiseHealing

I know that Platinum members get 3 bags of laundry credit for a 7 day cruise. But when two Platinums are in the cabin, does this mean they get 6 bags credit? I have never had a need to ask the question but I may need to know on our next cruise.

Hi there

Yes.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

You want to be careful on what you send to laundry. It's washed in a bag that is thrown in giant washers with other people's stuff. Washed with very hot water.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I agree. Hubby has done the Behind the Fun tour on several ships.

Your clothing is placed in a mesh bag and laundered in a commercial machine in hot water. It is then transferred to a commercial dryer and dried on HOT.

We send underwear, shorts and Tee shirts. We have had a couple of items that shrank but knew it was a possibility.

I know that Platinum members get 3 bags of laundry credit for a 7 day cruise. But when two Platinums are in the cabin, does this mean they get 6 bags credit? I have never had a need to ask the question but I may need to know on our next cruise.

The trick to stuffing the small bag is to tightly roll every piece of clothing into a tube. I was able to get 28 pieces in one bag. They came back in three bags. :D

The trick to stuffing the small bag is to tightly roll every piece of clothing into a tube. I was able to get 28 pieces in one bag. They came back in three bags. :D

I never have more than six or so items to send in those bags. Are you people bringing your dirty laundry from home ? Or are you bagging more than yours and abusing your Platinum privileges :D ;)

You want to be careful on what you send to laundry. It's washed in a bag that is thrown in giant washers with other people's stuff. Washed with very hot water.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Yes! We found this out the hard way. We only send items like socks, undies, t-shirts, etc. nothing you want to take any chance with;)

28 pieces? That's almost everything I pack for a 7 day cruise.

Let's see, 7 sox, 7 briefs, 7 tees = 21

3 polo and 2 dress shirts with 2 dockers and 1 pr shorts = 8

Total 29. OOPs, I didn't count my 2 swim suits, Total 31.

And I wouldn't send my pants out in Plat/Dia laundry.

I never have more than six or so items to send in those bags. Are you people bringing your dirty laundry from home ? Or are you bagging more than yours and abusing your Platinum privileges :D ;)

We usually take our time driving to port and first sea day will have three days of clothes to send out but we will wear most of them during the cruise.

But we do post a sign outside our door telling people we will wash their clothes for them for a slight fee which we share with our steward.:eek::eek:

Usually people don't wear individual socks and not of an odd number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

As far as I know all of the perks are per member and not per stateroom. People on NCL ask about the free dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant and even that means per member. So a couple gets 2 complimentary meals.

I usually do laundry the day before I leave on a cruise, so I have packed a few incidentals to get laundered. I have the laundry right before the cruise ends so when I get home no wash to do. It's bad enough having to cook again. ;)

I recall a daily limit but not a cruise limit. Is that something recent or was I lucky and never got busted?

Edited by cruise pup

No, we don't bring dirty laundry from home nor abuse the privilege.

We always fly to home port at least one day pre-cruise so we have the clothes we wore that day plus the clothes from embarkation day and the next. After that, we send fewer clothes per bag or we wait until we have a large load again.

We are two people so double everything.

No, we don't bring dirty laundry from home nor abuse the privilege.

We always fly to home port at least one day pre-cruise so we have the clothes we wore that day plus the clothes from embarkation day and the next. After that, we send fewer clothes per bag or we wait until we have a large load again.

We normally drive to our ports and always within at least 5 hrs drive. This time we cruised from San Juan. So went through a clothes just getting to San Juan and the day in San Juan.. Ended up spending $35 on cleaning through the ship on Royal Caribbean. Love my free laundry..