Getting Around Barcelona?

#eurovirgin

Ok, so I've got the Rick Steves guide, and I'm starting to figure out what we want to do. Barcelona is the city our cruise departs from. We arrive late afternoon the day before the cruise leaves, so we have that night and the next day until departure time (5:00). I wanted to ask some more specific questions about getting around the city.

1) Is a taxi the best way to get from the airport to our hotel? RS mentions the aerobus which seems cheaper. But it seems to only make a certain set of stops in the city center.

2) RS also mentions the T10 card for the metro as a great way to get to major city sites. When it comes to going to, let's say, a specific restaurant, would it be more practical to get a taxi? Or just take the metro to the landmark nearest the restaurant and try to find it on foot?

3) When we check out of our hotel on the day of departure (presumably in the morning), we will have a few hours until time to board. Do you all just tote your luggage all around town in the meantime, or is there an obvious solution I'm missing?

4) Metro or taxi to get to the cruise port when the time comes?

Ok, so I've got the Rick Steves guide, and I'm starting to figure out what we want to do. Barcelona is the city our cruise departs from. We arrive late afternoon the day before the cruise leaves, so we have that night and the next day until departure time (5:00). I wanted to ask some more specific questions about getting around the city.

1) Is a taxi the best way to get from the airport to our hotel? RS mentions the aerobus which seems cheaper. But it seems to only make a certain set of stops in the city center.

2) RS also mentions the T10 card for the metro as a great way to get to major city sites. When it comes to going to, let's say, a specific restaurant, would it be more practical to get a taxi? Or just take the metro to the landmark nearest the restaurant and try to find it on foot?

3) When we check out of our hotel on the day of departure (presumably in the morning), we will have a few hours until time to board. Do you all just tote your luggage all around town in the meantime, or is there an obvious solution I'm missing?

1 & 4) We always take a cab or car service, it's not easy on a bus or the metro unless you have only a small amount lf luggage. Be sure to keep an eye or better yet a hand on each piece if you decide on the bus.

2) Ask at the hotel if where ever you are going is close to a stop. If not you really only have a short time and you don't want to waste it, take a cab.

3) After you check out, your hotel should hold your luggage for you until you are ready to leave for the ship. Do your sightseeing and return to the hotel get your luggage and take a cab. It is also possible to ask for a late checkout.

Barcelona is a wonderful city, have a great time!

Jane

We just cruised out of Barcelona in October. We took the aerobus to Placa Catalonia, could not have been easier. We literally walked out of the airport and onto the bus. It was €6 ea, I had the money ready and away we went. Our hotel was right on the La Rambla so the aerobus was super convenient.

We did take a taxi to the cruise port.

1 - We have used a taxi from the airport to hotel. It is reasonably priced, especially if there is more than one person.

2 - Again, we have always found the taxis in Barcelona easy to use.

3 - We have stayed in several hotels and they have always been willing to hold our luggage. Same if we show up before check in.

4 - Taxi

... 2) RS also mentions the T10 card for the metro as a great way to get to major city sites. When it comes to going to, let's say, a specific restaurant, would it be more practical to get a taxi? Or just take the metro to the landmark nearest the restaurant and try to find it on foot?...

We usually arrive a couple days before the cruise, and the T10 card works well for us, as the two of us can share one T10 card and use it up in two days. However, in your situation, when you want transportation for a total of one trip to a restaurant, I'd go with a taxi.

We disembarked from a cruise in Barcelona last September and loved the city. I'm ready to go back.

-- We took a taxi from the busy cruise port to our hotel right near Placa Catalonia, which is a central point of the city.

-- We spent an afternoon riding the Hop On, Hop Off double-decker bus. It was an excellent overview of Barcelona.

-- Being in the center of town, we walked a good bit, taking the Metro when needed. That's our style, however.

-- We took the AeroBus from Placa Catalonia to the airport. It was quick and inexpensive.

Neal

The Aerobus is cheap and frequent and has luggage racks for suitcases. The final destination is Plaza Catalunya which is very central.

Taxis in Barcelona are cheap, plentiful and metered.

Most hotels have rooms where they will look after your luggage.

TTG

He Barcelona Tourist Board website is full of useful information.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How much is it for aerobus to plaza cataluyna? My hotel is pretty close to there.

Wondering if it is cheaper to take the aerobus vs taxi. We have a party of 6

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.aerobusbcn.com/en/buy-tickets Its cheaper to buy round trip aerobus tickets (10,20 €) This is what we will do since its valid for 15 days per this link