How do I check pricing changes for a 4J Interior?

suebee53

I have a cruise booked for October 2017 in a 4J Interior, which means it has a window with an obstructed view (because it's at the front of the ship, looking out over one of the "private" decks). If I do a search for a lower price with a dummy booking on an interior, I don't see a way to specify a 4J, which I need to keep because it's a handicap cabin.

Any ideas? TIA.

Unfortunately Carnival's website doesn't allow you to specify categories. You would have to know the room numbers you are looking for and see if those are available at a different price. You can also call carnival directly. Their customer service is good and its usually not a long wait time.

If you are doing a mock booking and a 4J is not showing up, then it is probably not available. I would keep checking and hope for a cancellation. There are very view 4J's available to book, so they usually go fast. And yes, if it's a mock booking on Carnival website, it will show the categories, if available.

If you find an upgrade for less than your 4J, you can always move up, but may not find a handicap cabin. So just keep checking. Best time is around final payment when people cancel.

I had the same 4J for 3 legs on the Vista, and got price drops on 2 legs. It was usually by word of mouth on the Roll Call and they showed up on the website, long enough to take a screen shot for price drop, but quickly got snatched up.

Edited by crzndeb

tried a mock booking the other day and couldn't figure out how to book a 4j on Carnivals website as it was pretty no specific.

Had to go to a TA website to find a 4j.

Doesn't make sense to me as it seems it is driving business away from their website unless I just don't know what I'm doing.:confused:

Bill

Only issue with fareviewer is if you have a special rate under your VIFP # or using military rate, it doesn't show up.

4Js are on decks 6, 7, 9, and 10 on the ships that have them. And also on deck 3 of the Sunshine. When you're doing a mock booking, pick interior, then interior with picture window. Those are the 4Js. Any available will show up.

you need to know your cruise fare with out added port taxes

are you aware that the 4J handicapped cabin beds sit headboard to headboard and are not allowed to be put together?

that you would have much more space in an oceanview cabin?http://s58.photobucket.com/user/holtcjane/media/Carnival%20Splendor/Splendor7205-1.jpg.html

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/holtcjane/media/Carnival%20Splendor/Splendor7205-2.jpg.html

Edited by serene56

are you aware that the 4J handicapped cabin beds sit headboard to headboard and are not allowed to be put together?

that you would have much more space in an oceanview cabin?

Well, I know that at least one of the 4J cabins are headboard to headboard, but I have 1002 booked, which is the regular configuration--at least as far as every picture of the cabin I've seen. And since I'm cruising with my sister, we'll keep the beds separate anyway. :-)

Actually, my last OV handicap cabin, on the Liberty, was an L-shaped cabin that did not allow turnaround room for my scooter and I actually had trouble getting my walker past the beds--even pushed together--to get to the bathroom. It was the worst HC experience I've ever had, so I was thrilled to discover I could get a window in an interior HC room. Especially since the only OV HC cabin on the Valor was another L-shaped room. Not gonna do THAT again!

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the Horizon 4J cabin 10205. Thank you for the fare finder link. This is just what I was looking for:)

I'm not sure if the beds are head to head or not, I guess I won't find out untill someone sails in it next year!:D

BTW, this is a handicapped cabin also.

I just booked the Horizon 4J cabin 10205. Thank you for the fare finder link. This is just what I was looking for:)

I'm not sure if the beds are head to head or not, I guess I won't find out untill someone sails in it next year!:D

Which cruise are you on in the 10205? I'm in 10204 on the 5/9/18 TA cruise from Barcelona!!

that you would have much more space in an oceanview

While I was aware of the bed arrangement, is it that much smaller than most ov? :confused:

We had U243 on Elation and was quite pleased by the space for my scooter, but we booked 4J 7206 on the Triumph, in part because it looked even bigger in the deck plans.

Well, I know that at least one of the 4J cabins are headboard to headboard, but I have 1002 booked, which is the regular configuration--at least as far as every picture of the cabin I've seen. And since I'm cruising with my sister, we'll keep the beds separate anyway. :-)

Actually, my last OV handicap cabin, on the Liberty, was an L-shaped cabin that did not allow turnaround room for my scooter and I actually had trouble getting my walker past the beds--even pushed together--to get to the bathroom. It was the worst HC experience I've ever had, so I was thrilled to discover I could get a window in an interior HC room. Especially since the only OV HC cabin on the Valor was another L-shaped room. Not gonna do THAT again!

The L shaped cabins are not HC cabins are all. are you saying the balcony cabin with the long balcony?

HC cabins on the Valor: take our the spaces so you can get to the web site

http://www.vacations to go. com/ship_accessible_cabins.cfm?shipid=321

Edited by serene56

on the deck plans-- you will see a * for the cabins that the beds do not get put together.

s

Are you saying that is true on all classes of ships that have the 4J? I had accessible 4J 10204 on Magic and that was the case. I have accessible 4J 9202 though which is another 4J for my upcoming cruise and the pics of the cabin Ive seen definitely had the bed together. I actually need the beds apart.

<a href=tfss-603747ca-6606-4e17-bf69-33f13388c85

Edited by ryano

• 2 weeks later...
on the deck plans-- you will see a * for the cabins that the beds do not get put together.

I now have 10202 on the Horizon, its a modified cabin for 3 and its the only 4J that fits 3 on the entire ship! It says it also has the sofa for the 3rd person.:)