When do you earn Le Club points?

Post it

Just so we have our math right with regards to complimentary nights, would someone please mind confirming our strategy? Here is our plan.

Right now we are Select on Celebrity. By the end of this year we will move up to Elite with 335 points after 4 Celebrity cruises and 0 Azamara cruises. Note: We got 180 of those points when we booked a RS on a 10 day Galapagos cruise.

We then plan to take 6 Azamara cruises in the VX category and 1 more Celebrity cruise in a S1 by Feb 2020 which will move us up to Elite Plus/Discoverer Plus with 753 points and give us 6 Azamara cruises and 5 Celebrity cruises which we believe satisfies the 50% cruise requirement.

If we understand the rules correctly and we book our next Azamara B2B cruise by Feb 2021 after moving up to Discoverer Plus, we should get 6 complimentary nights in a VX category room on that next Azamara cruise. Are we reading the rules correctly?

As you can see we like to plan ahead and with Azamara, it definitely seems that's a plus, especially if you haven't taken a lot of Celebrity cruises before trying Azamara.

If we understand the rules correctly and we book our next Azamara B2B cruise by Feb 2021 after moving up to Discoverer Plus, we should get 6 complimentary nights in a VX category room on that next Azamara cruise. Are we reading the rules correctly?

Almost.

You will have the ability to get six free nights in a VX stateroom or use the equivalent value of six nights in a VX against a different stateroom category. For example, we just used some free nights and were qualified for an N2 Club Continent but the cost differential between a veranda and a Club Continent for the cruise we wanted was such that we applied the value of the N2 nights against the cost of a veranda.

Almost.

You will have the ability to get six free nights in a VX stateroom or use the equivalent value of six nights in a VX against a different stateroom category. For example, we just used some free nights and were qualified for an N2 Club Continent but the cost differential between a veranda and a Club Continent for the cruise we wanted was such that we applied the value of the N2 nights against the cost of a veranda.

Cool. That's even better! We love Azamara and haven't even cruised on one of her ships yet!

I must say that this thread has been a VERY interesting read. Thank you to the OP!

It seems to me that although Azamara seems to be a child of Celebrity it has its own criteria to accomplish just like any other business unit of any corporation. Just going under a simple assumption (yes I do know what happens when one assumes :D ) that the level of service, price, and overall product is superior with Azamara. That in itself is a challange, you know Mr Pimental has his Objectives to achieve. So to me it's more understandable that Azamara has tighter restrictions for the benefits it hands out. Imagine the meeting where these benefits were discussed especially the free nights of sailing where someone mentions the "loophole" of advancing tiers that were mostly earned on Celebrity.

That being said. There were at least 2 schools of thought presented here. My personal experience is that YOU gotta make YOU happy. What bothers me may not have any effect on you. And of course vice versa, coupled with the third, fourth etc. You vote with money and where you spend it. So why not spend it where you feel the best?

My own personal experience has mostly been with RCI and Celebrity. They have/had a reciprocal agreement up to and including the Elite/Diamond level. AFAIAC this is sort of like not giving out perks unless they were earned on Azamara. Cruises always cost IMHO big bucks, a great bang for the buck though.

So my point is: it's your money use it the way you want. If you feel you're under appreciated on one line and feel better using another then by all means do what's right for you. Because I like it, agree, don't agree etc. should not affect your decision, it's not meant to. In the end all of the cruise companies are Companies and their objective is to earn for the stock holders. If the decisions made to attract past guests isn't working then they will adjust the perks or die on the vine.

I thank those that informed me about the free nights earned with points - I was just thinking about the number of minutes of free internet. After returning from a wonderful cruise, I checked my points. Unfortunately, they were wrong. I made two calls to customer service (one sent me to Royal Caribbean and the other directed me to their web site). After two days of sending an e-mail, my points were corrected and I'm now looking for a cruise to use my free nights.

• 1 month later...

I have recently booked 2 Azamara cruises. Both are in the Club World Owners Suite. I'm a big fan of loyalty programs and it looks like this will work really well for us. But they can be confusing so I thought I would see if my math is correct and ask a couple of questions.

One of our cruises is 8 days and the other is 10 day in the owners suite. The 10 day is to Alaska with an additional 6 day Azamara land trip precruise. My first question is does the land portion accrue Le Club points as well? I'm assuming no but thought I would ask.

It appears we receive 18 points per day for the owners suite. So if my math is correct we will have 324 points each by the end of our second cruise. This would put us at the Discoverer level. Am I understanding it correctly that if we booked our third cruise while on our second and we booked the Club World Owners suite again that we would get 4 nights free?

It also appears that the free nights can be used with the early booking OBC. So if I book on board my second cruise for a cruise over a year away in an owners suite I will have my 4 free nights in the owner suite, $200 OBC for the Discoverer level and if it doesn't change $1000 OBC for the early booking benefit. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also it says we would receive one free bag of laundry and 90 wifi minutes. Would this be in addition to the free bag we receive being in the owners suite and in addition to the wifi we will have in the owners suite.

Thank you for your help and any other thoughts or comments appreciated.

I have recently booked 2 Azamara cruises. Both are in the Club World Owners Suite. I'm a big fan of loyalty programs and it looks like this will work really well for us. But they can be confusing so I thought I would see if my math is correct and ask a couple of questions.

One of our cruises is 8 days and the other is 10 day in the owners suite. The 10 day is to Alaska with an additional 6 day Azamara land trip precruise. My first question is does the land portion accrue Le Club points as well? I'm assuming no but thought I would ask.

It appears we receive 18 points per day for the owners suite. So if my math is correct we will have 324 points each by the end of our second cruise. This would put us at the Discoverer level. Am I understanding it correctly that if we booked our third cruise while on our second and we booked the Club World Owners suite again that we would get 4 nights free?

It also appears that the free nights can be used with the early booking OBC. So if I book on board my second cruise for a cruise over a year away in an owners suite I will have my 4 free nights in the owner suite, $200 OBC for the Discoverer level and if it doesn't change $1000 OBC for the early booking benefit. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also it says we would receive one free bag of laundry and 90 wifi minutes. Would this be in addition to the free bag we receive being in the owners suite and in addition to the wifi we will have in the owners suite.

Thank you for your help and any other thoughts or comments appreciated.

I checked with Nicole as we plan a land and cruise trip. The land trip would not qualify for nights just as using an Azamara hotel for three nights pre cruise say has no points.

If you are in a suite you have 230 internet minutes onboard doesn't matter what suite type.

Hi papaBme,

One of the requirements for our LCV complimentary nights is that half of the qualifying voyages have been taken on Azamara Club Cruises. I don't know if this will impact your plans?

Here's the verbiage...

**Note: To earn complimentary nights, members must have sailed with Azamara Club Cruises within the last three years, 50% of their voyages must be with Azamara Club Cruises, and must have moved up in tier on or after January 1, 2015."

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits

Hi papaBme,

One of the requirements for our LCV complimentary nights is that half of the qualifying voyages have been taken on Azamara Club Cruises. I don't know if this will impact your plans?

Here's the verbiage...

**Note: To earn complimentary nights, members must have sailed with Azamara Club Cruises within the last three years, 50% of their voyages must be with Azamara Club Cruises, and must have moved up in tier on or after January 1, 2015."

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits

Thanks Bonnie,

All my points will be with Azamara in a 3 year period so that should be good. When I booked the two cruises I have mentioned and decided on Azamara I wasn't aware of the loyalty program. The more I learn about Azamara the happier I am with my decision. It certainly appears Azamara values their customers and their opinions. Thanks again.