"Dancing of the Ships"

js

Hi.

Last night on a face group I read that today was going to be changes with the ships and their departure ports. I thought someone posted that John H said this but now not sure.

I sailed Breeze last year out of Miami but remember right after we booked and got air, they moved her to TX shortly after our sailing.

I'm sailing Vista out of Miami in a Havana Cabana Suite in February 2018 and hoping it doesn't move.

Did anyone else hear about changes today?

Thanks.

Edited by js

Hi.

Last night on a face group I read that today was going to be changes with the ships and their departure ports. I thought someone posted that John H said this but now not sure.

I sailed Breeze last year out of Miami but remember right after we booked and got air, they moved her to TX shortly after our sailing.

I'm sailing Vista out of Miami in a Havana Cabana Suite in February 2018 and hoping it doesn't move.

Did anyone else hear about changes today?

Thanks.

Vista just got to Miami. I highly doubt she will be moved anytime in the near future

Does anyone know when they are moving? I'd like to get one more cruise on the Magic before it goes to Miami (I really dislike that port). I really liked the Magic - but I'm also happy the Breeze is coming to Pt Canaveral.

MIAMI (Jan. 12, 2017) — Carnival Cruise Line will reposition three of its newest and largest ships to new homeports in 2018, expanding upon the exciting variety of cruise options available from Galveston, Texas, Port Canaveral, Fla., and Miami. In September 2018 Carnival Vista will move to Galveston; Carnival Breeze will reposition to Port Canaveral; and Carnival Magic will shift to Miami.

Carnival Vista to Offer Two Week-Long Caribbean Itineraries from Galveston

Beginning Sept. 23, 2018, the newest ship in Carnival’s fleet, the 133,500-ton Carnival Vista, will begin sailing from Galveston and offer two different seven-day western Caribbean itineraries departing every Sunday and visiting the region’s most popular destinations. The first itinerary includes calls at Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, while the other features visits to Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), Belize, and Cozumel.

Designed to connect guests to the ocean with sweeping views and plenty to do both outdoors and in, Carnival Vista offers an exciting array of groundbreaking features including SkyRide, a suspended open-air cycling experience; the world’s first IMAX Theatre on a ship; an expansive water park featuring the colorful Kaleid-o-slide, the line’s first tube slide; RedFrog Pub & Brewery featuring the first brewery on a North American-based ship; and Family Harbor with family-friendly staterooms, a family concierge, the Family Harbor Lounge and more.

Carnival Vista, which debuted in 2016, will join Carnival Freedom and Carnival Valor sailing year-round from Galveston.

Carnival Breeze to Offer Seven-Day Cruises Year-Round from Port Canaveral

Carnival Breeze will kick off its new Port Canaveral-based program with a one-time six-day cruise to Nassau; Amber Cove (Dominican Republic); and Grand Turk on Sept. 30, 2018, followed by the start of year-round alternating eastern and western Caribbean cruises beginning Oct. 6, 2018. Those voyages will depart every Saturday with eastern Caribbean itineraries calling at Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Western Caribbean voyages will feature Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya, part of Carnival’s exclusive Cozumel Plus itineraries offering extended stays in Cozumel and a variety of unique and interesting shore excursions on the island and on the Mexican mainland.

Longer Length Carnival Journeys Cruises on Carnival Breeze

For guests who desire a longer length experience, Carnival Breeze will operate two Carnival Journeys cruises. On Sept. 16, 2018, as the ship repositions from Galveston to Port Canaveral, it will operate a 14-day Carnival Journeys cruise calling at Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curaçao, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica and St. Maarten.

Another 14-day Carnival Journeys cruise operating round-trip from Port Canaveral Saturday, Nov. 3-17, 2018, includes stops at eight Caribbean destinations including St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, St. Maarten, Tortola, and San Juan.

Carnival Breeze will be the newest and largest Carnival ship to sail from Port Canaveral, which is also the year-round homeport for Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Liberty. Carnival Breeze features Thrill Theater, an immersive multidimensional special effects experience that makes viewers feel as if they’re part of the movie. Other highlights include a massive WaterWorks aqua park offering splash-tastic water slides and the 300-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket, and SportSquare, an expansive recreation area with a suspended ropes course, mini golf, an outdoor fitness area and more.

Carnival Magic to Offer Seven-Day Caribbean Cruises from Miami

Carnival Magic will launch a year-round schedule of seven-day alternating eastern and western Caribbean cruises departing Sundays from PortMiami beginning Sept. 30, 2018. Eastern Caribbean cruises will call at Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Western Caribbean sailings will feature Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.

Carnival Magic will also offer a special seven-day Cozumel Plus holiday cruise departing Miami Dec. 23, 2018, and calling at Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Grand Cayman.

The 130,000-ton Carnival Magic features the line’s signature RedFrog Pub, the SportSquare outdoor recreation area and Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant. In 2016 the ship underwent an extensive multimillion-dollar makeover that added a variety of exciting dining and bar innovations, including Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Food Network star Guy Fieri, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, BlueIguana Cantina Mexican eatery, Pizzeria del Capitano and the Alchemy Bar.

Carnival Magic will join Carnival Glory, Carnival Sensation, and Carnival Victory at the line’s busiest homeport.

Thank you for this information.

I'm sailing Vista February 2018 so I'm okay but stinks for others that may

have booked a specific cabin. I guess they can buy tickets to TX instead of FL, I think

I would have done that since I really wanted to sail Vista.

Thanks all for the information.

now i wish carnival releases 2018 new york sailing. since it is taking them so longer, i guess they are more dancing of the ships coming

That's what we're waiting on also. Sunshine and Ecstasy are the only ships with no dates beyond April 2018. And NY and Charleston have no dates beyond April 2018 either. I guess the Sunshine is coming back to NY again...maybe.

That's what we're waiting on also. Sunshine and Ecstasy are the only ships with no dates beyond April 2018. And NY and Charleston have no dates beyond April 2018 either. I guess the Sunshine is coming back to NY again...maybe.

now i wish carnival releases 2018 new york sailing. since it is taking them so longer, i guess they are more dancing of the ships coming

Did anyone else catch that it says that Port Canaveral is a year round homeport for the Carnival Sunshine? Maybe she isn't going back to NY again?

Did anyone else catch that it says that Port Canaveral is a year round homeport for the Carnival Sunshine? Maybe she isn't going back to NY again?

I did catch that, but I think they consider Port Canaveral her home port even though she does move around in the Summer and early Fall.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I did catch that, but I think they consider Port Canaveral her home port even though she does move around in the Summer and early Fall.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

But it says year round homeport. If she is moving in Summer and Fall, they couldn't consider Port Canaveral her year round homeport.

But it says year round homeport. If she is moving in Summer and Fall, they couldn't consider Port Canaveral her year round homeport.

That would leave Norfolk and New York without a ship, unless we get the Ecstasy, right?

Normally whatever ship alternates between New York and Port Canaveral also does seasonal Spring & Fall sailings out of Norfolk.

Here is an example of the use of "home port" regarding Carnival Sunshine:

"Following voyages from New York, Charleston and Norfolk, the Carnival Sunshine will return to its home port of Port Canaveral where it will sail eight different Caribbean voyages in the winter of 2016 and spring of 2017."