Diamond lounge drinks lets have some fun!!!

ETski

Lemon drop marini.....

then I heard something on the "real Housewives" show.....

marinis are like boobs....you should never have more than two!!

Ever since I heard that, I have been sticking to that policy! Lol!!

I always limit myself to two. More than two and I run the risk of getting "Stupid"!

Elvis

As I place my $2 bill on the bar I ask for the largest paper cup they have filled with ice, then filled halfway with Bailey's. And an empty glass.

Then I take the paper cup over to the coffee machine and create myself an iced coffee with a little kick.

I use the paper cup to accept the hot coffee over the iced Bailey's to avoid potentially cracking the ice cold glass with the scalding hot coffee. I then pour it into a glass so I don't look all unsophisticated and what not slurping out of a paper cup amongst my fellow socialites. Cheers!

As I place my $2 bill on the bar I ask for the largest paper cup they have filled with ice, then filled halfway with Bailey's. And an empty glass.

Then I take the paper cup over to the coffee machine and create myself an iced coffee with a little kick.

I use the paper cup to accept the hot coffee over the iced Bailey's to avoid potentially cracking the ice cold glass with the scalding hot coffee. I then pour it into a glass so I don't look all unsophisticated and what not slurping out of a paper cup amongst my fellow socialites. Cheers!

That sounds delicious!

Was on Ovation recently in the Schooner bar one night drinking a Long Island Ice Tea. Mavel from the CL worked there at night, saw me and said I can make you those upstairs in the CL. Next afternoon she quickly had one ready for me when I arrived for pre-dinner drinks. Was better put together and even looked better than the Schooner bar drink. Now that's great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Ovation NYE cruise & yes Mavel was awesome..:)

My favorite is an Old Fashioned, not listed. On a T/A recently on Jewel, I saw the bartender in the DL making what looked like one. I asked and he said yes. Had a few almost every day, other bars around the ship would not make one though.

Next was the Liberty, no Old Fashioned's.

Navigator was next, great DL set up, no problem getting what we wanted.

Noticed that on a drink list I have, Margarita's(not frozen) are listed, but when trying to order one at the Schooner Bar, was told they were not included because of Triple Sec......go figure

We board Oasis soon after not cruising Royal for a while and will have access to both the Diamond and Suite lounge. Are the menus the same in both? Which lounge is more likely to be flexible with what they will offer?

DL and CL are the same as far as I know. Have done both in the last 9 months. Same drinks, etc. I think the flexibility comes in with the bar staff, and/or the hotel director.

Only difference I noted is that there are a lot more D and D+ than suite guests. The overflow plan can change from sailing to sailing. Normally, the DL will use the remainder of the Viking Crown Lounge for overflow(Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class).

DL and CL are the same as far as I know. Have done both in the last 9 months. Same drinks, etc. I think the flexibility comes in with the bar staff, and/or the hotel director.

Only difference I noted is that there are a lot more D and D+ than suite guests. The overflow plan can change from sailing to sailing. Normally, the DL will use the remainder of the Viking Crown Lounge for overflow(Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class).

Sincere thanks for your response. That is how we remembered it but as we have had a few years break from Royal we thought we would ask the question.

For our first Diamond cruise on the Nav last December I enjoyed Chocolate Martini's, Cosmopolitan's, and Long Island Ice Teas....however the bars outside the club gave me a hard time with the Long Island Ice Teas for the free pre-loaded drinks. The bartender said "too many shots" in that drink one night, and another night wouldn't make me a Chocolate Martini. He said " I have to go to the Diamond Club if I want that drink". Apparently he just wanted to either pop open a beer or make a rum and coke??? Oh well- I still enjoyed :D