Concierge - Platinum Benefit

BostonGal35

I have asked the concierge for reservations in restaurants when in The Haven on BA. I have bumped non-Haven guests. So I will disputed this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As the Brits would say, "A little bit cheeky" to brag about bumping another passenger who dutifully followed the rules and made their reservation only to have it cancelled.

MARAPRINCE

Considering my wife and I went to the concierge and asked for reservations at Cagney's on a sold out night, and proceeded to listen to a couple behind us argue with the maitre d about having the reservations they had being lost, yes the concierge can do this. They deleted them and placed mine in there. It pays to sail in The Haven ,and give the Concierge a good tip. Adrian has done this for me a few times. Granted it was a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

that is why i always bring printouts of my confirmations. if they ever tried to tell me my confirmed rezzie was lost, i would flip something on them. that said, i can be bought, so monetary compensation or some amazing perk better be offered.

Considering my wife and I went to the concierge and asked for reservations at Cagney's on a sold out night, and proceeded to listen to a couple behind us argue with the maitre d about having the reservations they had being lost, yes the concierge can do this. They deleted them and placed mine in there. It pays to sail in The Haven ,and give the Concierge a good tip. Adrian has done this for me a few times. Granted it was a couple years ago.

We have sailed with Adrian (and his sister Christina) several times. You may think that he "deleted" someone. All he does is overbook the restaurant. But, he got a good tip by telling you he deleted someone. Good for him.

The folks who were arguing about a reservation just can't keep track of when and where they are suppose to be.

Why would you knowingly do this to someone? What was so worth it in Cagney's to ruin someone else's evening?

You do know you could have had your butler serve you from the Cagney's menu in your suite or on your balcony, right?

I honestly hope you just made up this story to prove your point.

And this my friends is selfishness at its finest. Take care of me & the hell with anyone else..........

I've been in a suite and been told that the concierge couldn't get me into a restaurant. They've always been helpful with every other reservation request, but that evening the place must have been packed,

Like any restaurant, presumably they keep a table or two "open" for last minute maneuvering -- but once there are people literally in every seat, there's nothing they can do. If 2 tables with 6 pm reservations take 90 mins to eat then another 45 mins for coffee and dessert, everything is going to domino from there.

Well... although we had UNLIMITED DINING (the old package) on our EPIC cruise we found the EPIC CLUB was the best of all.

If we wanted to change/reserve one of the specialty restaurants and they were full we would either dine ensuite or go to the Epic Club.

That is why i always bring printouts of my confirmations.

If they ever tried to tell me my confirmed rezzie was lost, i would flip something on them.

that said, i can be bought, so monetary compensation or some amazing perk better be offered.

You are my hero,

and you would do well on United Airlines.(inside joke);p

Go Pats!

Edited by $hip$hape

You are my hero,

and you would do well on United Airlines.(inside joke);p

Go Pats!

hahaha.

well, id never FLIP to the point of being dragged thru the hallways to the onboard jail cell.

but i would air my dissatisfaction in as polite a manner as possible and expect some sort of reasonable resolution (i.e., NOT just a tray of strawberries or bottle of cheap wine).

in our experience, whenever we've had and issue of any kind on board (and they are truly few and far, and not major, except for one time when our toilet was faulty all week on teh Dawn), its always been dealt with to our satisfaction. we usually get some sort of OBC. they also know exactly how much you cruise and what you have coming up. having future cruises booked i think has gone a long way for us in terms of how we are treated on board.

Well... although we had UNLIMITED DINING (the old package) on our EPIC cruise we found the EPIC CLUB was the best of all.

If we wanted to change/reserve one of the specialty restaurants and they were full we would either dine ensuite or go to the Epic Club.

We would agree. We have left Platinum certs unused in favor of eating at the Epic Club.

We have sailed with Adrian (and his sister Christina) several times. You may think that he "deleted" someone. All he does is overbook the restaurant. But, he got a good tip by telling you he deleted someone. Good for him.

The folks who were arguing about a reservation just can't keep track of when and where they are suppose to be.

Yes he did, and he made us happy regardless of what he did.

And this my friends is selfishness at its finest. Take care of me & the hell with anyone else..........

Not really. Just taking advantage of what I have. I didn't want to have the butler bring my dinner, and preferred to eat on The Waterfront that night.