Does Carnival have any use for Trusted Traveler Status

Shaded Lady

I just got the Trusted Traveler program, which allows me to go through TSA Pre check at airports, go through the minimized security check...

We're leaving out of Galveston on the Breeze in September and I wondered if the TT program gives you any advantage at the cruise port like it does at airports? Is there a faster line or anything?

I don't think there is, but this program wasn't in place last time I cruised so I wasn't sure...

I just got the Trusted Traveler program, which allows me to go through TSA Pre check at airports, go through the minimized security check...

We're leaving out of Galveston on the Breeze in September and I wondered if the TT program gives you any advantage at the cruise port like it does at airports? Is there a faster line or anything?

I don't think there is, but this program wasn't in place last time I cruised so I wasn't sure...

Just fyi, having a passport vs. a birth certificate made us breeze through the port in Galveston after our Magic cruise in April 2014. As we retrieved our luggage, port employees told people with passports to go to one line and people with birth certificates to go to another. There were 15 or so people in front of us, while the bc line had over 300 people. :eek: Not sure if it's still this way. Maybe someone who has cruise from Galveston recently can inform us.

Just fyi, having a passport vs. a birth certificate made us breeze through the port in Galveston after our Magic cruise in April 2014. As we retrieved our luggage, port employees told people with passports to go to one line and people with birth certificates to go to another. There were 15 or so people in front of us, while the bc line had over 300 people. :eek: Not sure if it's still this way. Maybe someone who has cruise from Galveston recently can inform us.

We came back to the US from Canada on a train. We had to stop and go through customs. We showed the lady our passports and she said she wished that everyone would travel with passports. She said that with a passport, all of your info is in one place with a picture. With a BC and ID, they have to compare the two and each BC is different so it takes a while to find the info they are looking for. Made sense to us.

No, unfortunatly having Trusted Traveler status with TSA means squat with any of the cruise lines.

I'm curious as to why would this mean squat to the cruise lines. Isn't the Trusted Traveler a means to expedite going through customs at a cruise port, at the ports that accepts this? Seems TSA or CBP is where this could mean squat.

I'm curious as to why would this mean squat to the cruise lines. Isn't the Trusted Traveler a means to expedite going through customs at a cruise port, at the ports that accepts this? Seems TSA or CBP is where this could mean squat.

OP asked about PreCheck (TSA) which is for getting on an airplane for a domestic and sometimes an International flight.

It has nothing to do with clearing immigration and customs for entry into the US.

Global Entry is the govt program designed to expedite entry into the US (ICE,CBP)for international arrivals. Port Everglades is experimenting with Global Entry for cruise passengers as well as using the Mobile Passport app to expedite customs declarations.

So far, Port Everglades is the only place that Global Entry is available for cruise passengers. PreCheck is irrelevant.

Last time I went through Galveston the foreign passport line was quicker so we went through that as I have a foreign passport

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP asked about PreCheck (TSA) which is for getting on an airplane for a domestic and sometimes an International flight.

It has nothing to do with clearing immigration and customs for entry into the US.

Global Entry is the govt program designed to expedite entry into the US (ICE,CBP)for international arrivals. Port Everglades is experimenting with Global Entry for cruise passengers as well as using the Mobile Passport app to expedite customs declarations.

So far, Port Everglades is the only place that Global Entry is available for cruise passengers. PreCheck is irrelevant.

Actually Miami seaport had a Global Entry Line at US Customs when I disembarked the Vista this November.

Global Entry is not the same as TT

Not to nit-pick too much but Global Entry is one of the USCBP Trusted Traveler programs, the others being Nexus, SENTRI and FAST. True it is not TSA Pre-Check but Pre-check is granted automatically when you successfully complete Global Entry application screening.

Edited by joepeka

Global Entry is not the same as TT

And I was responding to the post I included about Port Canaveral being the only Carnival seaport with a dedicated Global Entry US Customs line. I added that I used that line debarking the Vista on Nov 29.

Of course, US Customs can set up and move their own dedicated lines as they wish. Carnival has nothing to do with their decision.

Make sure to bring your card, that is proof for the Carnival gatekeepers to let you in the dedicated G E line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always carry mine but making sure that DW has hers is another story... Thanks for the reminder..