When does your status change - going to Platinum?

BearlyRob

I will earn enough cruise nights to move to Platinum status early on an upcoming cruise. Can I get upgraded in the middle of that cruise? Or does my status not change until the end of that cruise? Silly question but one wants to get all the benefits one can!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will earn enough cruise nights to move to Platinum status early on an upcoming cruise. Can I get upgraded in the middle of that cruise? Or does my status not change until the end of that cruise? Silly question but one wants to get all the benefits one can!

Nope - not in middle of a cruise. But you do get it in between a B2B if you do that.

Nope. Platinum starts with your 6th cruise and goes through your 15th cruise or at 51 days through 150 days. On your 16th cruise or at 151+ days you are Elite. Unless you change status half way through a B2B you have to wait.

Edit: Looks like I typed too slowly. :)

Edited by Thrak

It's supposed to be the cruise after, not mid cruise. 6th cruise or 51 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it will not change until the end of your cruise since it has to be earned.

Yes, it will not change until the end of your cruise since it has to be earned.

We just became elite but it was after our last cruise not during! Wife will finally not have to do laundry. Yea!

FYI, it's based on your cruise credits, not number of cruises. For many, it's the same thing but if you're booked in a full suite or are single in a cabin (and paying double for your cruise), you get two cruise credits. Thus achieving Platinum or Elite faster.

I was on a 15-day cruise and passed 150 days after embarkation day, aka day 1 of the cruise. I was not Elite until I completed the cruise.

Edited by Pam in CA

Time to book another one.

• 5 months later...

Interesting. Guess all cruise lines have different ways of calculating reaching milestones. We just booked a 6 day cruise on Carnival and the final day of the cruise will get us to Platinum level. We have been advised that on this cruise we will get platinum benefits for the entire cruise. Have already printed our luggage tags and they are Priority.

Just a quick question: If I have 4 cruises that equal 50 days, on my 5th cruise will I be Platinum (since day 1 of that cruise will be 51 days)?

It is not credited until AFTER you have passed the milestone so in your case I would say you would not be platinum until the end of your cruise. However, one never knows!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=4719

At the end of our 5th cruise, they gave us our Platinum status and we got to sit in the Platinum/Elite disembarkation waiting area.

I recently reached Platinum level (51 days) half way through our recent cruise. We had to go to the Captain's Club desk on the last afternoon, as we hadn't had the promised letter delivered to our cabin.

We were then given our badges however.