Has the class camel just stuck his nose under the tent?

DaveFr

If a business doesn't change with the time and what the cruiser in this case wants-it won't be in business for long. But TC you never answer my question regarding the Regent Loyal program. If you feel it should be the same for all guest on the cruise, why do to take the extra benefits you get. Why do we us TA's to get perks or dollars-it's business. When we meet people on the ship, we never talk about what suite we're in, or what benefits we get for Regent or are TA. That's not why we cruise. If we enjoy someone we'll ask if they would like to join us for dinner, lunch and enjoy the company. I don't care what cabin they have or how many nights the have been on Regent--and sometimes we want to be alone and enjoy the time. I think it pretty simple, sit back and enjoy life-if it passes you by because you worry about the little things - that person has only themself to blame. Regents going to do whats right for the business-which means they'll be doing what the cruiser wants. And sometimes it's not what you or what I want - and that's just the way it is. I give up perks every time I don't cruise "O", I tried SilverSeas didn't really like them, now I want to try Regent, if I like and enjoy the product I'll stay for awhile, if not I'll move one. Everyone has a choice, including the cruise companies. Rick

If a business doesn't change with the time and what the cruiser in this case wants-it won't be in business for long. But TC you never answer my question regarding the Regent Loyal program. If you feel it should be the same for all guest on the cruise, why do to take the extra benefits you get. Rick

Sorry, I thought it was explained in my too many posts (which happens when I am passionate about a subject). IMO, "in suite benefits" and "loyalty nights" are separate issues. People don't care if you are in a 4,000 sq. ft. suite (i.e. the Regent suite) and what benefits you receive inside of the suite. And, loyalty nights is a cruise lines way to entice passengers to continue cruising with them.

As I've repeated a lot of times (even to Regent management), as long as everyone is treated the same once they leave their suite, it's fine. That means that there is no area on the ship where a guest is not permitted based on their suite. You do not have to wait until the Regent suite boards before the Master Suite or PH boards. These are things that are obvious to other passengers.

Hope this helps.

As I've repeated a lot of times (even to Regent management), as long as everyone is treated the same once they leave their suite, it's fine. That means that there is no area on the ship where a guest is not permitted based on their suite. You do not have to wait until the Regent suite boards before the Master Suite or PH boards. These are things that are obvious to other passengers.

I know I said no more, but! Would you stop the ptv car for the big suite at every port, or first class air in the US? I may see them and feel bad, no I realize what I will spend and that isn't part of it. I'm sure if you or myself had the big suite you'd be getting a few more perks out side the suite that no really see or care-if your going to pay that kind of money I think it's OK. It's also unfair that they get the same credit for each day on the ship that you get, or someone in a lower cabin but their cost per day is a lot, I mean a lot more that most. Now I really am done, we'll never agree and that's OK.

Rick

I know I said no more, but! Would you stop the ptv car for the big suite at every port, or first class air in the US? I may see them and feel bad, no I realize what I will spend and that isn't part of it. I'm sure if you or myself had the big suite you'd be getting a few more perks out side the suite that no really see or care-if your going to pay that kind of money I think it's OK. It's also unfair that they get the same credit for each day on the ship that you get, or someone in a lower cabin but their cost per day is a lot, I mean a lot more that most. Now I really am done, we'll never agree and that's OK.

Rick

Okay - will try one more time. Who on the ship would know if you flew into the port First Class or Coach? Again, an invisible perk.

I'm not sure what you mean about it being unfair that "they get the same credit for each day on the ship that you get......." Are you referring to the Seven Seas Society nights? If so, again, everyone is treated the same - whether you paid $80,000 for your cruise of $12,000 for your cruise. That is the beauty of luxury cruising, it simply doesn't matter.

I would have no notion or interest of speaking out, but will just reserve my judgement of feeling that this is a step in the wrong direction. So in reality you are saying that Regent will take heed of posts here indicating the error of this new era of private dining?

Yes - definitely - they have listened to CC members before. By posting here you are speaking out.

We have been inside this dining room on a private tour with the dining room manager. It is a soulless room, can't imagine why anyone would want to dine there. Sometimes we were told, only one couple is in there with waitstaff standing around.

We discussed what a good venue this would be for private dinner parties. It was indicated that this may be what it will become. We will see.

Greetings from South Beach. So Regent has decided to be ordinary, not all inclusive anymore. Many lines are adding categories that set passengers apart. The logical thing to do under the circumstances is to check what other lines are offering. Even NCL has a luxury class, and it is very nice. Last time we sailed on NCL, only we aristocrats had elevators keys to the elite floors. Oh, yes. Reserved this, reserved that. Special dining options. Priority tender access, butler service and much more. Too bad the rest of the ship is, well, NCL. Nothing's perfect.

Mary

We only do the top two suites. We DO NOT want a private diningroom. We DO NOT have private parties in our suite, although we would have had cocktails this time if the suite had not been dysfunctional (Grand Suite) in our opinion, we do not invite people for private dinners, we would not like The Study, but what we want for our extra money is

1. Priority tenders

2. Priority disembarkation

Regent does not offer any of this. We are EXTREMELY GRATEFUL that we can have unlimited specialty reservations which WE DID NOT USE, as we liked Compass Rose a LOT (not on other ships).

I am with Ronrick, if you pay more, you get more. Pardon me if I say this, "The Study" seems a little "puffed up". We would never use that. We are happy with "Le Buffet", lol. We don't need to post on "the board" about every morsel we ate with every officer, we turn that down.

But money should buy you something! Thank you Ronrick.

Flame away.

If Regent had priority embarkation, disembarkation or tenders, we would leave Regent (even though we will be Platinum early next year). These things are available on mainstream cruise lines and should not infiltrate into luxury cruise lines (don't want to do all caps because it is considered shouting but I would if I could).

Although we have sailed in all levels of suites on the Voyager and most levels on the Mariner and would therefore be entitled to the "benefits" that are being discussed. It would be easy to feel entitled and want everything that we could possibly get and not worry about others on the ship. This is simply not who I am. I fight for equality on luxury cruise lines because I remember where I came from and it sure as heck isn't being able to sail in a Master Suite which we will have on our next cruise.

P.S. We do have people to dinner in our suite and have parties as well We are so extremely fortunate to be able to sail in these suites (sometimes) that we want to share the experience with as many people as we can. This is one reason that we were appalled when we could not invite a couple to join us in the private dining room (but will still not step foot into that place again).

Edited by Travelcat2

Members benefits gold and above get priority disembarkation on completion of cruise in certain ports.

In all my cruises as Gold or Platinum, I have never received this benefit. Of course, if anyone needs to get off early, I have always found that the ship will let you off early.

Marc

In all my cruises as Gold or Platinum, I have never received this benefit. Of course, if anyone needs to get off early, I have always found that the ship will let you off early.

Marc

You have not received this benefit because it doesn't exist.

Edited by Travelcat2

Listed in the members benefits for Gold and above :

Priority disembarkation at voyage completion in select ports.

Marc and I are not denying that - we are just talking about the fact that it does not exist when you are on the ship.

After thinking more about this subject, I'm changing my mind a bit. I have less of a problem with benefits given to Seven Seas Society members than to someone who booked an upper suite and feels entitled. Seven Seas Society members have spent so much $$$ and have sailed on Regent many days - the most loyal of Regent customers!

Regent's Seven Seas Society is what keeps many people returning to Regent. They used to have the best benefits of all of the luxury lines but other lines have now included internet, etc. (which is a shame because Regent apparently gave internet away in order to keep up with their competition).

'

As someone who has worked their way up the loyalty ladder for the past 13 years, I resent seeing some our benefits being given away to passengers in upper suites (as well as the partial laundry benefit given to passengers with 75 nights when we had to wait 200). I do not typically mention this because the benefits are invisible to the rest of the guests. As with everything in live, it is appreciated more when you work for it.

Just my humble opinion!

Edited by Travelcat2

Wow! I wasn't aware of this "dining room" and we ate at both Prime 7 and Chartreuse several times. This is very disappointing and lowers my feelings for Regent. One thing we like about Regent is that everyone is treated the same no matter what suite you're in. It's one thing to have a larger cabin with butler if you can afford it, but, to rub in everyone's face that certain passengers are privileged and treated differently leaves a bad taste. Regent may lose a lot of passengers as this gets around. The one thing I dislike about Cunard is the different classes, or, NCL's the Haven or whatever is called. Let's hope management sees how absurd this is.

If Regent had priority embarkation, disembarkation or tenders, we would leave Regent (even though we will be Platinum early next year). These things are available on mainstream cruise lines and should not infiltrate into luxury cruise lines (don't want to do all caps because it is considered shouting but I would if I could).

QUOTE]

Correcting myself, this sentence should have read "even though we will be Titanium early next year".

Henk123: Appreciate your humor on this. I suppose that anyone that wants to get off can certainly do so if the ship isn't docked and there is no tender.:D

This is all getting tedious now. But if what you are saying is this written in the members benefits with no hope or possibility of it being honoured well why publish this as a helpful benefit?

Seems like lots of things come out the woodwork when you least expect it?

We are looking forward very much to our booked Explorer cruise this spring and this will not detract from our pleasure and enjoyment of looking forward to this.

This is all getting tedious now. But if what you are saying is this written in the members benefits with no hope or possibility of it being honoured well why publish this as a helpful benefit?

Seems like lots of things come out the woodwork when you least expect it?

We are looking forward very much to our booked Explorer cruise this spring and this will not detract from our pleasure and enjoyment of looking forward to this.

Well said Jean, hope you have a fantastic cruise.:)

This is getting so off track. We told every passenger that we knew on the ship (which was a lot - the Roll Call was 60 people). It seems that no one decided to mention it on Cruise Critic for whatever reason. The point of this thread is that there is a private dining venue for "privileged guests". It this bothers you (or doesn't), this is a good forum to speak out. (against or for the policy - not posters).

In terms of disembarkation, perhaps another thread can be started - it could be interesting to learn if anyone has been able to take advantage of this benefit.

Edited by Travelcat2

Marc and I are not denying that - we are just talking about the fact that it does not exist when you are on the ship.

After thinking more about this subject, I'm changing my mind a bit. I have less of a problem with benefits given to Seven Seas Society members than to someone who booked an upper suite and feels entitled. Seven Seas Society members have spent so much $$$ and have sailed on Regent many days - the most loyal of Regent customers!(QUOTE)

TC, question since you said Seven Seas Society Members spent $$$-so why not change the rules from how many nights one spends on the ship to how $$$ (your words) much spends.

That would be fair, those that buy lower cabins take longer to get to the top, this in higher suite get there faster. Problem solved. Rick

PS we're like Carololl, we mostly wouldn't use the dining, nor would we have dinner with the Capt (which is a perk)-we get a suite because that is the way we like to vacation.

Edited by ronrick1943