Beverage package on Sun Princess to New Zealand

Mark and Judi

Hi, we are first-timers and we're contemplating pre-purchasing the all-inclusive beverage package around NZ in Feb. We have found all alcohol on offer for the cruise, however, they are at 'bottle' prices, we cannot seem to find any per-glass prices. Given the limit is $14 per unit, will that be sufficient to cover any of the more palatable wines, or are we just going to be stuck with the House Chardee? Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice on pros and cons of the all-inclusive package. Would appreciate any feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, we are first-timers and we're contemplating pre-purchasing the all-inclusive beverage package around NZ in Feb. We have found all alcohol on offer for the cruise, however, they are at 'bottle' prices, we cannot seem to find any per-glass prices. Given the limit is $14 per unit, will that be sufficient to cover any of the more palatable wines, or are we just going to be stuck with the House Chardee? Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice on pros and cons of the all-inclusive package. Would appreciate any feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Virtually every drink is $14 and under on AUS sailings. There's maybe 2 scotches, and a couple wines/champagnes by the glass that are above the cutoff price. Otherwise, everything is covered. You will not be lacking for drink options!

Keep in mind, the price on AUS currency sailings is $59AUS per day per person. If you buy in advance, the website glitch then reconverts the already AUS price in AUS again, giving you the higger $74/75 price...You'll be refunded the difference onboard. Alternatively, just wait and buy onboard at the correct price....

Have a great sailing!

The majority of drinks are under the $14 limit.

We found a limited selection wine by the glass.

Please note that the AIBP includes covers drink up to $14 AUD including cocktails, spirits, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas and specialty coffee. There are just a number of wine that are more than the $14 limit. Your daily consumption of covered drink will guide you if it is worth it or not.

If you have no AIBP, you and your companion can each bring your favorite 750ml bottle of wine with no corkage, if consumed in the stateroom. If more than your allowed bottle, or consumed outside the cabin, a corkage fee will be charged.

Hi,I have only cruised once before on the Noordam in Alaska and one evening we found the bar we were in too rowdy so we took our almost full glasses of wine up in the lift to the buffet area,now I am wondering if I poured our own wine in our room and took them to the buffet what would it matter,nobody seems to mind if you are walking around with a glass in your hand.

Just saying

Cheers

Hi,I have only cruised once before on the Noordam in Alaska and one evening we found the bar we were in too rowdy so we took our almost full glasses of wine up in the lift to the buffet area,now I am wondering if I poured our own wine in our room and took them to the buffet what would it matter,nobody seems to mind if you are walking around with a glass in your hand.

Just saying

Cheers

Nobody will say a thing.

The wine selection by the glass is limited but some are OK. From memory there are:

4 chardonnays

4 sauvignon blancs or semillon/sauvignons

1 riesling - not a dry riesling, it's quite sweet

1 pinot grigio

1 white zinfandel

2 pinot noirs

3-4 shirazes

3-4 cabernets or cabernet blends

1 merlot

1 red zinfandel

There is a sparkling - it may be a prosecco.

That's about all I can remember.

The beauty of having the package is if you don't like a wine you ordered, you just order a different one. :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Just saying

Cheers

Nobody will care.

But do you want to run back to your cabin every time you want a refill.

Since you are sailing on Sun Princess there is no Salty Dog Gastropub. On ships where that venue has been instituted there are a lot of alcohol options that are well above the drink limit. On ships without that venue there are maybe 5 wines and two hard liquor options that aren't included in the package.

On most Princess ships I'd recommend Vines for the best wine selection but I don't believe there is a Vines on Sun Princess. I don't know what is offered in the bars but, if it's like the rest of the Princess fleet, the wine selection in MDR isn't all that fabulous.