No Upgrades

jshli

I think my upgrade fairy died... I get calls from Celebrity whenever we book a cruise, and when they ask if there is anything that can do my usual response is "well an upgrade to a suite would be nice" we both have a good laugh and life goes on.[emoji924][emoji924][emoji924]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have selected your cabin number and deck

The answer is No

And celebrity have never offered us a upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recall several months ago someone was moved when they didn't want to be, it was a big hullabaloo for them (might have even been 2 different parties)...I would definitely call to make sure.

I called Celebrity twice and both times I felt uncomfortable with their responses. One seemed confused why I do not want an upgrade, and the second one seemed totally confused by my request. I hung up before I asked them to actually add the info as I was concerned that my reservation might get messed up. I called the Captain's Club phone number and both times was not connected to this dept. I wonder if the Captain's Club desk is closed today for the holiday. I will try again tomorrow.

I called Celebrity twice and both times I felt uncomfortable with their responses. One seemed confused why I do not want an upgrade, and the second one seemed totally confused by my request. I hung up before I asked them to actually add the info as I was concerned that my reservation might get messed up. I called the Captain's Club phone number and both times was not connected to this dept. I wonder if the Captain's Club desk is closed today for the holiday. I will try again tomorrow.

Captain's Club is there. Just got off the phone from them.

The problem is that this is a Princess and HAL opt out (don't upgrade). Celebrity has no established policy about it like those 2 lines do.

I recall several months ago someone was moved when they didn't want to be, it was a big hullabaloo for them (might have even been 2 different parties)...I would definitely call to make sure.

I read that post as well - and as a result sent a note to my TA asking her to mark my reservation to not upgrade without asking. She said that she has never done this and that they would not upgrade anyone without notifying them. Since it is not likely that the OP for that thread made up their story - it seems that it can happen - but it is just not very likely? Of course, it could just not be likely because non-requested upgrades (for those not booking a GTY cabin) are not likely...

I think my upgrade fairy died... I get calls from Celebrity whenever we book a cruise, and when they ask if there is anything that can do my usual response is "well an upgrade to a suite would be nice" we both have a good laugh and life goes on.[emoji924][emoji924][emoji924]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Upgrade Fairy has been replaced by her evil twin, the Upsell Fairy. I've yet to get any good opportunities from the Upsell Fairy. :(

The Upgrade Fairy has been replaced by her evil twin, the Upsell Fairy. I've yet to get any good opportunities from the Upsell Fairy. :(

Funny. I ask if there is an opportunity please call.. we have not had a call yet after at least 50 opportunities for Celebrity. I think rip van winkle is the operator in charge .

Funny. I ask if there is an opportunity please call.. we have not had a call yet after at least 50 opportunities for Celebrity. I think rip van winkle is the operator in charge .

I have been advised by Celebrity that it is "The Revenue Department" who decide who is offered an upgrade. It would appear that it is a matter of how much you have spent on your previous cruises that determine who gets an upgrade. Zenith makes no difference. Until this recent revenue policy Celebrity very rarely gave any upgrades. Many travel agents give their clients "free upgrades" when there is a price reduction for the cruise prior to the last payment date. (Same price, same commission, free upgrade.)