Book now or wait?

GJM

Looking to go on Allure in June, RC is offering 30% off with a stateroom credit. As many have said it isn't really a sale. I don't know if I should book now or wait and see if the price lowers. If I do book now and price lowers will they adjust my price.

The last couple of cruises I have just gotten really good prices - so I don't know what to do.

Looking to go on Allure in June, RC is offering 30% off with a stateroom credit. As many have said it isn't really a sale. I don't know if I should book now or wait and see if the price lowers. If I do book now and price lowers will they adjust my price.

The last couple of cruises I have just gotten really good prices - so I don't know what to do.

If you are booking under US/Canadian rules, you can get a price drop before final payment date. In that case, I'd book now to get the best choice of stateroom and put a ceiling on your price.

Another vote to book now, but keep looking at price if price goes down before final payment rccl will give you the lower price, also as just said you will have a better selection of cabins now, but you can change that later also, on last cruise a aft suite opened up and was able to switch without any charge

Looking to go on Allure in June, RC is offering 30% off with a stateroom credit. I don't know if I should book now or wait and see if the price lowers. If I do book now and price lowers will they adjust my price.

What type of accommodations are you looking at?

What is the current per person price? What per person price are you hoping for?

With this type of information provided, many of us here can give you good guidance and tell you if your expectations are reasonable.

Ocean Balcony - Total $2818.24 Price per person - $1409.12

Central Park View - Total $2238.24 Price per person - $1119.12

Really not sure what a good price would be, the last cruise we went on was Liberty and I got an amazing price. I happen to check the price one day and it was too good of a price to pass up.

Thank you everyone for your help

another vote to book now, but keep looking at price if price goes down before final payment rccl will give you the lower price, also as just said you will have a better selection of cabins now, but you can change that later also, on last cruise a aft suite opened up and was able to switch without any charge

+1.

The question you should ask yourself is this. "Do you want to go on THIS particular cruise". If the answer is yes, than book. Because if the price drops before final payment, then you can get a price match, but not after.

I ask this because if you just want to do a cruise and are flexible, you can wait to see if this particular cruise drops after final payment. It could. I've seen my Anthem cruise in October drop like a stone after final payment. So much so, that i upgraded from interior to Balcony for $46.00 (they will let you upgrade after final payment). Some people who waited got an interior 9 night Anthem cruise for like 1200/cabin for 2.

You could get a good deal, or you could lose out. If you're willing to lose out because the cruise skyrocketed or sold out to get a good deal, than wait. But if you are sold on this date, book now.

I pulled the trigger on the Oasis for the summer over the weekend- cabin choices were already getting sparse and I noticed the same on Harmony and Allure.

If you just want a room on the ship "somewhere" and don't care what kind or where maybe you could wait but still not sure if you'll get a better deal later. If you're a particular big box member, some sailings had a large number of special perks that really increased the value of the cruise but the room selection under special group situations may become even more scarce.

Thank you everyone = I am booking it. Didn't know I could upgrade after final payment.

You can't price match after final payment, but if the price of an upgrade is more than you paid for, I am fairly sure they will give you the upgrade for free.

You can always upgrade if you pay for it up to almost sailing date. The rarely seen upgrade fairy will only call if there is a great need to shuffle things around. But if YOU want to upgrade and pay the difference, you can do it at anytime. I found that out on my anthem trip in October. It was the only time I ever actually upgraded since I'm usually happy with an interior.

Yes, you can certainly change after final payment. Example, you pay $2000 for interior room, you are past final payment, you can only cancel if you agree to penalties. However, say a JS is now selling online for $2100, you can call to upgrade, and you will be charged the $100 difference. If that same JS is priced at $1900, then you can upgrade for free. You will not ever get anything back.

Booking early guarantees a price ceiling, it does not hurt to cancel prior to final payment if you change your mind. If you are committed to that sailing you really have nothing to lose.

I did a room upgrade on Harmony a month or so ago with the same results. Almost moved to OV Balcony, would have only been $300 more, (when I initially booked it was ~$1200 more) but would have lost perks of BV Balcony room, plus I want to try the Boardwalk room out. Once you see the ocean you've seen the ocean.

Edited by TheMillenniumRider