Voom surf and stream?

we purchased the surf and stream when it was discounted a few months ago as well. My wife has been playing a multiplayer online game from her Ipad. Will she be able to do that with this package? She may play in the mornings or late at night.

we purchased the surf and stream when it was discounted a few months ago as well. My wife has been playing a multiplayer online game from her Ipad. Will she be able to do that with this package? She may play in the mornings or late at night.

I've never read reports of games being blocked.

Edited by clarea

I've never read reports of games being blocked.

But, even with a 200ms ping on an O3B equipped ship, response will be pretty bad for a multiplayer game.

Biker, whose son upgraded the ISP at home to eek out just a few ms to improve multiplayer response.:rolleyes:

Majesty has O3B and it was pretty sad for Stream

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2545343593

3.87 Mb/s download

2.31 Mb/s upload

199 ms for the ping

That speed is better than my home internet! I live in a rural area and we get 1mb/s download and .5 upload.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But, even with a 200ms ping on an O3B equipped ship, response will be pretty bad for a multiplayer game.

Biker, whose son upgraded the ISP at home to eek out just a few ms to improve multiplayer response.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry I don't understand what that means :confused: I'll just take away "it will sort of suck" ;):D

She just started getting into this stuff several months ago so I'm wondering if she is going to want to play on board.

I'm sorry I don't understand what that means :confused: I'll just take away "it will sort of suck" ;):D

She just started getting into this stuff several months ago so I'm wondering if she is going to want to play on board.

200ms = 200 milliseconds of latency. Latency is how long it takes to go from the ship to the game's servers and back to the ship, 200ms isn't bad at all for a ship, the satellite system on other RCCL ships that don't have O3b is over 600ms, most games if they're on a mobile device are probably okay on the 200ms O3b stuff.

TLDR: The game will probably be okay but just be prepared for some delays/slowness in game.

200ms = 200 milliseconds of latency. Latency is how long it takes to go from the ship to the game's servers and back to the ship, 200ms isn't bad at all for a ship, the satellite system on other RCCL ships that don't have O3b is over 600ms, most games if they're on a mobile device are probably okay on the 200ms O3b stuff.

TLDR: The game will probably be okay but just be prepared for some delays/slowness in game.

To put that into perspective my ping at home is 24ms

Ok, I understand that a little bit better too. She has the iphone 7 plus and an ipad 4. Thank you for explaining it :-)

That speed is better than my home internet! I live in a rural area and we get 1mb/s download and .5 upload.

But even with a poor DSL connection that you have, the latency and overall response to general internet surfing may be better than on a ship.