MSC Divina Dress code

NoStrings1129

On my previous cruises (even Carnival), I dressed "smart casual" for dinner based on the picture provided (including a tie). I'm booked for my first MSC cruise and I don't think I'll be going "formal" (suit/jacket) for anything unless it is required.

Would slacks/dress pants, shirt & tie be "good enough" for everywhere including the Yacht Club?

Yes, but just be aware that as the original poster said, 90% of the folks will be in suits and ties and cocktail dresses/fancy pantsuits. Especially in the YC, where I think I may have seen only one man NOT in a suit and tie on formal nights. Smart casual (nice pants, button down shirt and a tie) is the norm for the other 5 nights. One of the reasons I love MSC...the dressy atmosphere at dinner.

...than their ships in Europe.

We sail in the Yacht Club on the Divina every year and just do smart casual.

We never feel out of place.

Those will always be those who go very formal & those that do not.

It seems there are fewer very formal every year.

What about teenagers wearing nice shorts in the MDR, other than formal night. Is that allowed?

We got back from our first Divina cruise a week ago. Here's a photo from the Daily.

enhance

I don't know about the MDR but some women were allowed into Le Muse with shorts on after 6 p.m. though the daily said this would not be permitted.

I ate in Le Muse every night but one on the Divina (ate at Eataly one night). Never wore a tie. Never felt out of place. Spoke with the Maitre'd the first night and he assured me as long as I didn't wear shorts or ripped jeans, he would welcome me every night. And, he did. Loved Le Muse.

On formal night, it was about 50-50 split between those wearing gowns and ties vs those wearing pant suits and khakis with a button shirt.

We got back from our first Divina cruise a week ago. Here's a photo from the Daily.

enhance

I don't know about the MDR but some women were allowed into Le Muse with shorts on after 6 p.m. though the daily said this would not be permitted.

...you will notice it really says SUGGESTED dress.

Seems like all cruise lines have added that word so they do not have to confront more casually dressed people....of which there are many.

A question for those who have cruised MSC in Europe. Do you see many men wearing tuxedos on formal nights? I'll bring mine if I don't expect to be the only guy dressing that formally.

Hi Norcalcouple,

I've done an NCL out of Barcelona and a couple of river cruises in France. Plus 8-10 cruises in NA on Carnival, NCL, Celebrity. This February is my first MSC cruise.

I have a tux and I like to wear it. What others wear is up to them. I never feel overdressed. There are lots of people dressed formally, lots dressed more casually. Everybody gets along just fine. Wear your tux a take a couple of pictures!

Cheers,

HTP

It's a special occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It really, really is not a special occasion. Cruise lines have ceased making it a special occasion and guests, by and large, have stopped expecting it to be as well. If you feel otherwise, please tell me what makes it special because formal nights felt absolutely no different to me in many years.