Carnival Pride Feedback

Cruisekid87

I think my signature says it all! LOVE LOVE the Pride and sailing out of Baltimore. The Pride was our first cruise so that might have something to do with how we feel about her.:D

Even sailing in the winter is nice from Baltimore - although we prefer a longer more southern sailing then.

The Pride is the perfect size and never feels crowded. Feels like home when we step on board. I'm just sad we have to wait so long for our next cruise on her. :cool:

I believe Jamman is actually doing that too. I just booked the Nov 2018 - 14 day Journey cruise on the Pride, will be 3 new Islands for me, but, must say I'm looking forward to the sea days!

Yes, he is and I am looking forward to meeting them in person. Love his reviews.

I think my signature says it all! LOVE LOVE the Pride and sailing out of Baltimore. The Pride was our first cruise so that might have something to do with how we feel about her.:D

Even sailing in the winter is nice from Baltimore - although we prefer a longer more southern sailing then.

The Pride is the perfect size and never feels crowded. Feels like home when we step on board. I'm just sad we have to wait so long for our next cruise on her. :cool:

Great great great! I am SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it. How will the pre cruise days pass??!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The Pride is a nice, slightly smaller sized ship. Easy to navigate, friendly staff. Though I am not crazy about the normal itineraries the ship does, we have done one journeys cruise and have another booked for 2019. For just a quick trip close to home it could be nice, but often I don't find the prices to be super great, but they vary.

Overall our favorite cruise has been on the Pride, though it was the Journeys cruise. Most memorable crew members were on that sailing, we had some of the best entertainment and dining staff ever. Though we also had a suite both times too, with the last time being the Vista Suite, really wish I could afford one of those again for 2019, but they went crazy on the price.

hey mom! i believe you were on my BA cruise in october. i need a cruise to celebrate my 50th and was thinking of the pride as an option. it's about 100 more than the BA for september. you said your fav cruise was on the pride so i'm very interested in how it compared to the BA in your eyes. i cant go in a suite on the pride though unfortunately. at least not to bermuda.

im curious if you did much specialty dining on the BA and how that compares to pride? i enjoyed cagneys, teppanyaki, ocean blue and la cuchina and wondering how you found the food on pride compared to those.

im aware the pride has more pools and even a retractable roof one so thats great. i'm still researching dining options and how it all works. i definitely dont want set times and tables with strangers.

i dont need rock walls and ropes courses and i do value some time in my room. so a balcony is a must. i did enjoy rock of ages and burn the floor on BA.

any and all info you have on comparisons is appreciated. thanks!

Sailed her over NYE and really enjoyed the ship. Liked the layout, and theres a decent amount of pools/deck space. The Serenity area is great and the comedy club is pretty big as well. If your prone to motion sickness don't book an aft room, the shaking/rattling from the engine was really bad back there.

Just got off the Carnival Pride yesterday. This was our third cruise with Carnival and while, in my opinion, there is never a bad cruise, this one did have a few disappointments. I will start with the good things first. The food was excellent, Guys Burgers where a highlight, and the crew was top notch. Cannot say enough good things about our dining room servers and cabin steward. The comedy shows were also a must. Very good!

However, that was about the only part of the entertainment we enjoyed. We found Playlist Productions to be very disappointing. We went to the show the first night and the female singers were off key and screetchy. We left thinking "no big deal, we will just enjoy the other shows that don't include them". Boy was I wrong. There were only two nights they didn't perform and those shows consisted of lame game shows where the other guests provided the entertainment. Kind of boring to watch other guests play yatzee. No magicians, hypnotists, jugglers, etc as we had come to expect from our previous cruises. The Taj Mahal theater was empty most nights and the comedy club was turning people away. Carnival needs to re-evauluate this and the cruise director, Steve, and fix this before I would ever cruise this ship again. Also, we experienced a terrible vibration in our cabins on the 7th floor, midship. After returning and doing some research, it seems this has been a long standing problem with the Pride and Carnival is well aware of it. It was so bad, my father had to leave his room and sleep on the deck a couple of nights because he couldn't stand it any longer.

As I said before, any cruise is a good cruise, but sadly, the Pride did not live up to our expectations. Hope you have a wonderful vacation and a better experience aboard the Pride than we did.

cheerz sorry about the negatives on the ship but your review is appreciated to help others like me decide to sail. sounds like they need to switch out some entertainment for sure. thats strange to have vibrations mid ship. usually it thought of that as most stable.

silly question of the day. are the taj seats comfy? reason i ask is anyone that has sailed breakaway will tell you, those seats are quite horrible.

Thanks for the tips Daisy, we can't wait.. Last sail was 9 years ago, definitely due.. Did you say PIZZA... [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 4 cheese (Quattro Formaggio) pizza is out of this world IMHO!

Have a blast...make sure to come back and post a review. Curious to see what you think :-)

cheerz sorry about the negatives on the ship but your review is appreciated to help others like me decide to sail. sounds like they need to switch out some entertainment for sure. thats strange to have vibrations mid ship. usually it thought of that as most stable.

silly question of the day. are the taj seats comfy? reason i ask is anyone that has sailed breakaway will tell you, those seats are quite horrible.

I did all the shows on my last cruise...I don't think they are uncomfortable.

+Had been on all the other spirit class ships a bunch of times, but never on Pride. After much encouragement from Jamman, we booked her for the May, 2015 cruise B2B and she did not disappoint. Love her for all the reasons above and none of the other ships had the 2.0 upgrades when we sailed them, so that was a bonus! (LOVE Guys Burgers! :p) We also sailed on her last March for the 14 day repo cruise. Had to take this year off :( but when we decided to cruise again next year, I did all the research and came back to the good ole' Pride! We are sailing her Journeys cruise next January and I want to start packing NOW! :rolleyes: You will not be disappointed with the ship or crew. One thing I love that has not been mentioned is that the main pool has a retractable roof, so even if you are sailing out in the cold weather months, you can still sit at the pool. BON VOYAGE!

I am sailing on the Pride July 16th so these reviews have been great to read. I think I am really going to love the ship and the itinerary. Sailed on Victory over Christmas, but they do not have all the 2.0 upgrades yet. Love the Alchemy Bar. Best drinks I have ever had.

Just got off the Carnival Pride yesterday. This was our third cruise with Carnival and while, in my opinion, there is never a bad cruise, this one did have a few disappointments. I will start with the good things first. The food was excellent, Guys Burgers where a highlight, and the crew was top notch. Cannot say enough good things about our dining room servers and cabin steward. The comedy shows were also a must. Very good!

However, that was about the only part of the entertainment we enjoyed. We found Playlist Productions to be very disappointing. We went to the show the first night and the female singers were off key and screetchy. We left thinking "no big deal, we will just enjoy the other shows that don't include them". Boy was I wrong. There were only two nights they didn't perform and those shows consisted of lame game shows where the other guests provided the entertainment. Kind of boring to watch other guests play yatzee. No magicians, hypnotists, jugglers, etc as we had come to expect from our previous cruises. The Taj Mahal theater was empty most nights and the comedy club was turning people away. Carnival needs to re-evauluate this and the cruise director, Steve, and fix this before I would ever cruise this ship again. Also, we experienced a terrible vibration in our cabins on the 7th floor, midship. After returning and doing some research, it seems this has been a long standing problem with the Pride and Carnival is well aware of it. It was so bad, my father had to leave his room and sleep on the deck a couple of nights because he couldn't stand it any longer.

As I said before, any cruise is a good cruise, but sadly, the Pride did not live up to our expectations. Hope you have a wonderful vacation and a better experience aboard the Pride than we did.

I'm glad you mentioned the vibration because when we were on the Pride it was awful. In our cabin and the dining room. I wouldn't have thought it would've bothered me but it was beyond annoying. I've been looking at the Pride again since our choices of ships here in the NE are limited and no one has mentioned the vibration in a while that I've seen so I thought they addressed the problem but I guess not. I'd never go back unless they fix that problem.

We love the Pride and will be sailing her for the 3rd time in just 87 days !! :) We also drive from Canada so Baltimore is the easiest port for us to cruise from.

I heard Ken the maitre'd was back so we are excited about that !! Both Pride cruises we were on deck 7 (mid) and did not feel any vibration. The food was great in the dining room - we found the buffet just so-so, some items really good, some not so good. My DH had a Guys burger, probably everyday - they were very good !! We did not see any of the big shows, but enjoyed the music trivia and just relaxing on our balcony or up on the Lido !

IBoth Pride cruises we were on deck 7 (mid) and did not feel any vibration.

[/size]

We were in a mid ship balcony cabin on deck 6 and the vibration was terrible. We couldn't even leave things on the counter tops or shelves because they would eventually vibrate right off.

I would love to know what causes this on some sailings and not others. Does anyone have any ideas?

We cruised the Pride in August 2015. Loved her. Would definitely sail again. We had a midship balcony (6192) and the only vibration we felt was some minor vibrations in the aft main dining room. Of course things could have changed since then. But we really enjoyed Pride and the convenience of the Baltimore port was terrific. We are from NJ.

WE are just off the pride. Just my opinion, but will nit cruise on her again. My favorite ship is the conquest class. Valor, liberty etc. when the only entertainment is karaoke or the hasboro game give it up. No rock band no Latin band some single and duo, and one group that was so so. Never again