On hold forever!

KelJ

OMG! Is anyone on hold with RCCL right now? I have been on hold for over an hour. About 15 minutes ago I dialed the number with my cell phone, so now I have two phones on hold, both telling me someone will be with me shortly. What the heck??!! Trying to take advantage of a price drop.:mad:

Maybe they are closed.
They are open 24/7, which the message repeated a zillion times while I waited...and waited. I finally called the C&A number and got an answer...and the price drop...after about 20 minutes on hold. Note to self....

I cannot believe you have that much time to sit on hold, and for a cruise line.

When I sit on hold I always time it with a stopwatch.

At 8 min I hang up, no matter who it is.......

do people still use a stop watch ? I haven't seen one of them since my coach in high school used one on me.

I only stay on hold if I have nothing to do and I leave it on speaker phone and do other tasks why I wait, so I don't have a phone stuck to my ear

Whenever I call Royal, I'm on the phone FOREVER. I've had to make a couple of changes to my upcoming cruise, and the SHORTEST phone call was 1 hour, 13 minutes according to my call log. And I have two children (including a baby). :eek::(

It's honestly been so stressful, as much as I love them, I don't think I can handle another booking that isn't completely simple and straight forward that I do myself online!

Whenever I call Royal, I'm on the phone FOREVER. I've had to make a couple of changes to my upcoming cruise, and the SHORTEST phone call was 1 hour, 13 minutes according to my call log. And I have two children (including a baby). :eek::(

It's honestly been so stressful, as much as I love them, I don't think I can handle another booking that isn't completely simple and straight forward that I do myself online!

Maybe you should try a travel agent

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I cannot believe you have that much time to sit on hold, and for a cruise line.

When I sit on hold I always time it with a stopwatch.

At 8 min I hang up, no matter who it is.......

There's this thing called speakerphone. It's hands free and makes it easy to multitask. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to report a good thing, instead of just complaining (like I sometimes do :)). I called today, at 2pm central, and was on hold just 5 minutes. The guy was very nice, and did a great job of taking my order for the gift I'm ordering our travel-mates :) Now, I'll just cross my fingers that the gift is in their room on the first day!

I was on hold for 40 minutes the other day, website wasn't working either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

That us why when a forum member provided the C&A number in Oregon, I called and got it done. For such modern ships, RCL web pages leave a lot to be desired. You can not even download your complete iternary into a PDF. If you go out and come back too soon you can't as they have a banner telling you your trip is being modified?