Help needed

jenn6743

My DH and I are surprising my Aunt and Uncle for their 40th wedding anniversary with a 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the Harmony of the Sea. They are first time cruisers, and have had a cruise on their bucket list for years.

We are paying for the cruise it's self, but friends and family have expressed interest in helping with the extras.

Does anyone know the cost of 6 or 7 night dinning packages?

Cost of different Bingo packages?

They don't drink alcohol or sodas so I'm not to worried about that.

Is there any other expenses they may run into on board? (Besides tips)

We really want to make this trip really special for them if anyone has any tips or idea we would be greatful.

Thank you,

Jennifer

You can go to the RCCL website and under the experience is the dining options. It will give you all the packages and the cost. You can also book them online before sailing as well as all the entertainment dates and times. This helps give you some say so in when your events are. Another option is giving them on board credit, then they can pick and choose what they want. Our daughter has surprised us the last two cruises ( this past Thanksgiving being our 40th anniversary cruise also) with a gift of on board credit. We were totally surprised and appreciative of this gift.

By-the-way cudos to your for this awesome gift to your family members.:)

Would definitely look into shore excursions. As first time cruisers they would be better off taking a ship's excursion; primarily because they can't be left behind and miss the ship. Many ports it is simple to disembark and do it yourself, but something booked and planned would be very helpful. The listing of shore excursions gives a pretty good description, including the amount of activity. Example bus/sightseeing versus active water sports, etc. many include lunch and drinks.

A gift credit to their account would also be nice. They could then use it for anything - on board shopping, photos, or excursions. If you do this I would suggest giving them a copy of the credit, maybe in an envelope to open on board as a surprise; just in case it doesn't get posted to the account or some other problem (they could check with guest services).

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

First, what a generous thing to do! Second, maybe if you know what they like, you all can pay upfront for an excursion or two for them?

Thank you, we have already book our shore excursions for the week and are also taking care of those. I just am trying to figure out the on board experiences they will have.

I have NEVER heard of "bingo packages"...I think, if he wants to play bingo, he'll simply buy the cards he wants. You CAN give money to his account...call RCI with his name, ship and sail date, and you can put funds on his account.