New robes in Full Suites????

Ronnieslady

Are we getting different robes in the full suites now???? Last November on the Island in a full suite we received what I would consider the spa robes & not the thick terry robes that we were used to. When I asked the cabin steward, he said they are changing over to these.:confused:

What kind of robes would we now get on the Ultimate Ship Tour?????

wow ...........I hope not

we just took an upsell to a suite for our cruise leaving in March.....would be so disappointed.

on our last cruise in October our in room robes were better than the waffle robes but not like the suite / ultimate ship tour

Are we getting different robes in the full suites now???? Last November on the Island in a full suite we received what I would consider the spa robes & not the thick terry robes that we were used to. When I asked the cabin steward, he said they are changing over to these.:confused:

What kind of robes would we now get on the Ultimate Ship Tour?????

Just did 3 cruises in Nov/Dec. Had an inside cabin and definitely had a much heavier robe than previously.

The gift shop was selling the "waffle" robes that we used to get.

We did the ultimate ship tour and got a very heavy robe (weighs 2+ pounds) with the Princess logo stitched on the front. I would guess they are the robes used in the spas (I've seen people walking toward the massage rooms wearing something similar.

I'm 5'4" ish and the robe almost touches the floor.

You may have to wait till you're on a ship again to find out what's being used.

I sailed Jan 4 to Jan 19 in a vista suite on the Star. There were the newer style waffle robes that one size fits all if you're a size medium of less!

Great description - I am not a six eight - the robe didn't fit around either my husband or me.

I just don't ever wear robes so it's hard for me to understand the excitement or disappointment of the different robes. I'm glad they make some folks happy. It's hard to understand how Princess could downgrade something of this sort. Suites don't come cheaply and, while I sincerely doubt I will ever sail in one, it makes sense to me that those who do pay for a suite should have some benefits from it (other than the obvious benefit of the suite :)).

I just don't ever wear robes so it's hard for me to understand the excitement or disappointment of the different robes. I'm glad they make some folks happy. It's hard to understand how Princess could downgrade something of this sort. Suites don't come cheaply and, while I sincerely doubt I will ever sail in one, it makes sense to me that those who do pay for a suite should have some benefits from it (other than the obvious benefit of the suite :)).

Having sailed last week in a suite they have indeed reduced the perks. The waffle robes that don't fit anyone who isn't a size small would be nice to wear after a shower/bath. They also took away the nice tote bags and replaced them with the chintzy light weight blue bags they put in all staterooms. The Vista suite is a poor layout, especially trying to use the closet. I wouldn't take another vista suite but the penthouse ones are nicer.

If they are going to put robes as an option in cabins at least put ones that fit real sized people.

• 1 month later...
Having sailed last week in a suite they have indeed reduced the perks. The waffle robes that don't fit anyone who isn't a size small would be nice to wear after a shower/bath. They also took away the nice tote bags and replaced them with the chintzy light weight blue bags they put in all staterooms. The Vista suite is a poor layout, especially trying to use the closet. I wouldn't take another vista suite but the penthouse ones are nicer.

If they are going to put robes as an option in cabins at least put ones that fit real sized people.

Are you saying that the Vista suites have different robes than the Penthouse suites now??????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk