Steakhouse First Night - Still Receive Wine?

backnine05

Yes... its delish and 5 star. Enjoy!

I hope you are talking about the food, then I agree. The free wine is not very good. It was our anniversary and opted for a much better wine at 1/2 price. As we were leaving our phenomenal meal and service, the hostess asked us if we wanted to take the free wine back to our cabin. We thought that the gesture was very nice and we accepted.

We had the red (Merlot) on Valor last month. Like Micah's Dad says, it's not great - but we aren't very knowledgeable regarding wine so we drank it anyway. Like I've said before, after the first two glasses the rest was easy! ;)

(Now that I think about it, I may have had some beer help on the way to dinner too)

Yes you can buy more then 1 bottle at half price. Last time we bought 3. If they are corked the Steak House may remove the cork and replace it. If they are screw on's they just gave them to us. Brought them to the MDR no problem. Intend to do the same on our nextcruise in March on the Sunshine.

Can you buy enough 1/2 price wine to cover your cruise?

We just got off the Vista, they would only allow us to purchase a total of 2 bottles of wine, we were disappointed as we've heard other ships let you purchase more than that.

Some ships like to make up their own rules

So true! I kind of got the feeling there were even separate rules while we were in the restaurant - one couple asked if they could get the free bottle of wine and also purchase wine at 1/2 off, their server let them do it. We asked our server about it, she went to her boss and came back and told us no. I didn't want to ruin anything for the other couple so we just let it go.

So true! I kind of got the feeling there were even separate rules while we were in the restaurant - one couple asked if they could get the free bottle of wine and also purchase wine at 1/2 off, their server let them do it. We asked our server about it, she went to her boss and came back and told us no. I didn't want to ruin anything for the other couple so we just let it go.

Sounds like Carnival:eek:

Now I have a quick question.. We are going to the Steak House with 6 people... Is it only 1 bottle of wine? or 2? It is 2 separate rooms going, but I'm sure that doesn't matter. Just wanting to know what to expect.

It will vary. We did it once with two other couples and we each got a bottle.

Others have just gotten one.

Best chance is to make three separate reservations and than ask for table for 6.