Fjords Cruise

play66

Evening everyone

I'm going on the crown princess in august. We are doing the Fjords cruise which we've never done before. Really be grateful for any tips on what to see, not to miss and any views.

Ports we are visiting:

Stavanger, Flaam, Norway, Hellesylt, Norway, Geiranger, Norway, Trondheim, Honningsvaag, Tromso, Gravdal, Lofoten Islands, Alesund, Bergen, Norway,

Evening everyone

I'm going on the crown princess in august. We are doing the Fjords cruise which we've never done before. Really be grateful for any tips on what to see, not to miss and any views.

Ports we are visiting:

Stavanger, Flaam, Norway, Hellesylt, Norway, Geiranger, Norway, Trondheim, Honningsvaag, Tromso, Gravdal, Lofoten Islands, Alesund, Bergen, Norway,

Have you joined the roll call for your cruise?

Evening everyone

Ports we are visiting:

We did this cruise last June. You should really enjoy it.

Bring some warm clothes and dress in layers. It was cold in Honningsvaag, and cool at other ports. Bring a rain jacket.

Don't get buried in a DR for dinner when you sail from Flaam. Stay out on the open decks. This sail away was the best scenery of the entire cruise. The sail out takes about 3 hours.

Join your roll call. Private tours are limited and fill quickly.

Edited by sknight

We did a RHIB in Alesund and LOVED it. It was cold but amazing. We saw seals, puffins and thousands of sea birds!

My #1 regret of the trip was Bergen. We did an all day excursion and I wish we'd just walked around the city. What I saw of it was beautiful.

We were there in late June and had better than average weather. Alesund was cold, but the rest of our stops were 60's with little rain and it was beautiful. We pre cruised in Copenhagen and it was chilly and rained there most of the time we were in the city.

What is the weather like during the summer such as July please?

Depends on how far north you go. Above the Arctic Circle it was cool, and cold and windy at the North Cape. In more southern cities it was warmer, probably not much different than you get in Essex. Of course you get mainly 24 hours of daylight.

This is a bucket list item for us. One of these days...

Have a fantastic time. :D

Same here, except we are sailing on the Pacific Princess also stopping at Spitsbergen and Murmansk. Celebrating our 20th anniversary in an Owners Suite.

I went last year for Summer Solstice. It was a lovely trip. My advice, like others, is to make sure you bring some warm clothes and rain wear. I wanted a combination of tours and time on my own, so I chose to just walk in some towns where I didn't see a tour I really liked.

In Stavanger, I did the boat tour to see Pulpit Rock and waterfalls. It was cold and rainy the whole time, but it had some pretty scenery. After the tour, I walked around town. I went to the Oil Museum and visited shops in town. There's a beautiful historic church in town that you can do on your own.

In Flaam, I did the all day tour with Voss and the Flaam Railway. I know others will disagree with me, but I thought the Flaam Railway was disappointing. I did see some beautiful scenery during the bus trip stops. Sailing into and out of Flaam is beautiful.

In Honningsvag, I went to the North Cape. The North Cape was very cold and windy, but I'm glad I saw it. It's hit or miss if it will be clear or foggy. It was clear when we got there and the fog rolled in about a half hour later.

In Bergen, I walked around the town, but I wish I had done the HOHO. You can buy a ticket when you get off the ship. I'm not a super walker, though, so if you are a good walker you'd be fine. I saw some people start the walk and turn around to go back to the ship.

We went to Olden which you don't mention. I liked Olden.

In Trondheim, I walked into town. There were some things to see there if you were a better walker. I just basically got some exercise and poked around some little shops.

In Tromso, I walked around town. There is a lovely church, Tromso Domkirke, which you can easily see on your own. We were there on a Sunday, so some things were closed. It's a lovely town and I enjoyed the day. My friends went to the cathedral and they enjoyed their day.

In the Lofoten Islands, I took an afternoon island tour that went to the beaches. It was called an easy Lofoten Tour. It was pretty. I believe my friends went to the Viking Museum there. They enjoyed that.

In Aalesund, one of my friends and I just walked around. We had an all day tour booked for this day, but cancelled because we were getting tired of tours. This is a lovely and walkable town. There was a tour they were selling off the ship that we kind of wanted to do, but it was mostly sold by the time we got out there. In the end, we really enjoyed our day. We walked out to the lighthouse and stopped for coffee along the way. Great shops. We loved this day. Pretty sailaway with the guide boat spraying water.