Norwegian Dawn - Beaches, Villas, and Sunburn. 8 - 15 Jan 2017

WYTinman

For those that are wondering about this mystical, magical concoction that I keep referring to.

32498470766_30d555fd2d_z.jpg

Photo Stolen from TheDougOut.

Thanks Doug (hehe)

Mark

Wow, this looks incredible!! Thanks for the great review and pictures.

Lisa,

First off, Thank You. I'm glad you enjoyed the review.

On the Villa upsell. I contacted the upsell department about 3 weeks prior to sailing.

Don't accept their first offer. Mine was about a full price upsell.

The next time I called they quoted me the same price as the first.

I then pointedly asked what they would offer me to upsell. She put me on hold and came back with a new figure that I could live with.

Keep trying until the price is right or someone else books the cabin.

Mark

Thanks Mark :) We are just 6 weeks out now so will start to try in a couple of weeks if the Villa is still there.

Mark,

Great review and fantastic pictures! Loved reading it.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks Mark :) We are just 6 weeks out now so will start to try in a couple of weeks if the Villa is still there.

Thank You for reading Arzeena. Comments like yours make it worth the time to post reviews.

Good luck Lisa!!!

The Garden Villa is worth it!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for such a detailed review of all the DAWNS ports, we are on the April 2. cruise with 5 other couples from Long Island...I wrote down all your suggestions. Your pictures were superb and captured all. You cleared up all my questions as I was viewing your pictures.

Keep up the good work and stay blessed..

We were on the 1/22-29 cruise. We made the 11 hour drive from St Louis to NO making an overnight stop in Jackson, MS. There were several storms that came over the Gulf states that weekend, which on the first day caused us to be in crazy rough (16' swells and 1 rogue wave, we think) seas.

Enjoyed your review. Great pictures and fun time-lapse video. We were on the Dawn in April 2016 before Harvest Caye was available. Must say, we enjoyed a great river wildlife tour from Belize City that we may never see again!

Best wishes for great future cruises!

Yvonne

How do I contact the "upsell department "

Does it make a difference that we booked with a travel agent

The phone number to Upsell is 1.800.625.4309

It does make a difference that you booked with a travel agent.

From what I understand all dealings regarding your booking have to go through your TA to NCL.

Mark

The phone number to Upsell is 1.800.625.4309

It does make a difference that you booked with a travel agent.

From what I understand all dealings regarding your booking have to go through your TA to NCL.

Mark

That is correct. Our last cruise was through a TA and we had to contact them to make ANY changes. We probably won't do that again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is correct. Our last cruise was through a TA and we had to contact them to make ANY changes. We probably won't do that again.

The upsell department didn't care if you booked directly or through a TA - they'd still work with you.

Keep in mind this may no longer be relevant based on cruise date, as I read the Dawn is in the process of switching over to the new bidding format.

• 1 month later...

When I called the upsell department for our January 29 selling they wouldn't deal with me directly since I had booked through a TA. They mentioned that too many complaints from TAs were happening due to this. Given more are moving to the bid system this may become irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums