Bliss prices went up!!!!

az-cruiser

I didn't think it was possible, but I was checking prices to see if they had gone down, and the Family Ocean View 6/30/18 sailing rates have gone up $200 for a family of 4!

The good news, Haven looks lie it's gone down a bit.

This is the last year of the jewel going to Alaska. Next year it will be the sun, pearl, and bliss. Look for cheaper prices on the pearl. It also goes to glacier bay which is the best. The bliss isn't going there which is stupid and lame. I have been on 4 Alaska cruises they are pretty awesome :)

• 2 months later...
This is the last year of the jewel going to Alaska. Next year it will be the sun, pearl, and bliss. Look for cheaper prices on the pearl. It also goes to glacier bay which is the best. The bliss isn't going there which is stupid and lame. I have been on 4 Alaska cruises they are pretty awesome :)

Bliss is much bigger and I think they want $$ holding more people per cruise. But they suffer on just how many places that ship can handle.

How/where do you learn about these super last minute deals?

You just have to look. I do a general current/next month NCL search. This is how I most frequently book. I don't have any issue with leaving the next day if need be. A lot of people have more restrictions. for the best deals you need to be flexible.

I am very picky where I go, but if you're not, even more opportunities to pick the deals up. I cruise at least every month and never have trouble finding something.

. Look for cheaper prices on the pearl. It also goes to glacier bay which is the best. The bliss isn't going there which is stupid and lame. I have been on 4 Alaska cruises they are pretty awesome :)

Really??? you have been to all the Inside Passage Glacier areas? Some people happen to greatly enjoy Tracy Arm and the Sawyer Glaciers, including myself. Especially excellent are the add on tours.

• 8 months later...

We live in WA as well, but choose to do California Coastal because we are sun seekers. We have been to Alaska once. I was wondering , do you book last minute deals or do you book 1 year out. We live so close to port that I wonder why I have not jumped on Last minute Alaska deals in the past.

Hah? The Sun is going to Cuba. The Jewel replaces the Sun on the Vancouver to Seward inside passage run.

Looks like 2019 the Bliss and the Pearl are the two ships for Alaska.

The Bliss took over the Pearl's route (Glacier Bay), where as the Pearl took over the Jewel's old route.

Thought the Bliss would be a bit big for the bay, but I guess not?

Nope. Jewel is still doing one way cruises in 2019 (Vancouver/Seward). Pearl has Glacier Bay in 2018 and Sawyer Glacier in 2019.

I cannot imagine cruising the Inside passage on something as large as the Bliss, even ships the size of the Pearl are too big for us.

Agree. We did Alaska this year on solstice and it was the perfect size ship. Also appreciated more toned down and good service after long days in ports. The observation lounge was never crowded and we spent almost every evening there watching the sound mountains seal humpback orca sipping cocktails.

I think bliss is type of ship for Caribbean seen one island seen them all cruising.

I booked bliss for Xmas since my teens want the go karts and laser tag. I hate the ports but don’t mind staying on the ship port days.