Voom questions

cocobam

I am planning to get the 2-device VOOM package onboard Allure, using OBC (I know I can get the package cheaper in advance, but I want to use OBC).

How do I do this once I am onboard? I have read you can do this directly from your device, without going to Guest Services or something.

Can someone tell me how the 2-device package works, if we have multiple devices logging on and off - if 2 people are already logged on and a third person tries to log on, will it not let them, or will it kick someone off? I am mostly wondering about situations where someone is not really using it but forgets to log off.

And - last one - VOOM packages all seem to be Surf + Stream. I have read about packages that are Surf-only or Stream-only, but I don't see those options in the Cruise Planner for Allure. Are those options only available on other ships? TIA!

Connect to the Royal WiFi wireless, open your web browser to any site, you will be directed to the signup page.

You should have the option for Surf Only vs Surf & Stream once onboard.

Edited by clarea

I am planning to get the 2-device VOOM package onboard Allure, using OBC (I know I can get the package cheaper in advance, but I want to use OBC).

How do I do this once I am onboard? I have read you can do this directly from your device, without going to Guest Services or something.

Can someone tell me how the 2-device package works, if we have multiple devices logging on and off - if 2 people are already logged on and a third person tries to log on, will it not let them, or will it kick someone off? I am mostly wondering about situations where someone is not really using it but forgets to log off.

And - last one - VOOM packages all seem to be Surf + Stream. I have read about packages that are Surf-only or Stream-only, but I don't see those options in the Cruise Planner for Allure. Are those options only available on other ships? TIA!

Connect to the Royal WiFi wireless, open your web browser to any site, you will be directed to the signup page.

You should have the option for Surf Only vs Surf & Stream once onboard.

Yes, on the signup page, you will see almost a dozen options, based on number of devices you want to use and whether you want surf only or surf and stream. You just click on the one that you want. That amount will go onto your SeaPass account, and your OBC will pay for (all or some of) it.

You create your own log in and password. Share that with the people who will be sharing the package.

:)

If you buy the 2 device package, is that 2 total devices, or 2 devices at a time? For example, if I want my daughter to have the package on her phone, and I want it on my phone as well so I can iMessage her on the ship, but I also want to use wifi on my computer in my room when I am logged off of my phone, would the 2 device package work, or would I need the 3 device package?

If you have a 2 device pavkage it will allow you to have 2 devices logged in simultaneously. You can use as many different devices as you want but you are limited in the devices logged in at one time.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If you have a 2 device pavkage it will allow you to have 2 devices logged in simultaneously. You can use as many different devices as you want but you are limited in the devices logged in at one time.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's great.

Speaking of VOOM, I read the details but still not sure if for texting it will only work on ship or if texting someone back home is possible.

If you use a wifi texting app like What's app, or if both of you have an iphone, you can text to anyone.

If you purchase a wi-fi plan before your cruise using Planner, how does that process work? Do they leave something in your cabin about signing up, or do you sign on to the network and it already knows what you pre-purchased?

I read on the site something about "userid and password will be delivered to your cabin by midnight the first day," which seemed odd since it would basically waste your entire first day onboard. :confused:

Thank you all for the info! Does anyone have experience using a 2 (or more) device package? If we have multiple devices logging on and off - if 2 people are already logged on and a third person tries to log on, will it not let them, or will it kick someone off? TIA!

If you use a wifi texting app like What's app, or if both of you have an iphone, you can text to anyone.

So we have iPhones and so do the kids. If we get VOOM, that means we can text the kids back home?

Also, my wife and I are each just bringing one device but may both use them at the same time. Do I buy 1 device and check off both names or do I have to buy 2 devices and check both names? It's somewhat confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we have iPhones and so do the kids. If we get VOOM, that means we can text the kids back home?

Also, my wife and I are each just bringing one device but may both use them at the same time. Do I buy 1 device and check off both names or do I have to buy 2 devices and check both names? It's somewhat confusing.

You buy a two-device package and c heck one name.

With VOOM,you can text anyone if you have WiFi calling. Check with your cell carrier to determine if you can enable (or already have enabled) WiFI calling.

If you don't have WiFi calling, then you can text anyone who is using the same internet messaging app, such as iMessage, WhatsApp, etc.

I only see surf + stream to pre-purchase. If I wait until we're onboard, will the just surf be cheaper?

No, even for one device, the pre cruise Stream is $12/day and onboard Surf is $13/day; the gap just widens as you go up in the number of devices.

If we have multiple devices logging on and off - if 2 people are already logged on and a third person tries to log on, will it not let them, or will it kick someone off?

There's two possibilities, the third device logging in either gets an error (saying device limit reached) or it kicks off the last device logged in.This seems to depend on the ship without any discernible pattern.

We had a suite so had comp Vroom. When we checked in both our Sea Pass cards had access codes on little pieces of paper taped to them.

DON'T loose them as you will have to re-log in as the system doesn't keep you logged in all the time. I speak from experience as I lost mine and for a couple of days had to use DW's code.

Yes, it will kick the other person off if you try to log in using the same code. But, it will tell you another device is logged on and ask if you want to kick it off first.

I had Iphone and Ipad, which I never had an issue texting on or off ship, even sending photos and videos, to Apple or non-Apple devices. Never had a special app.

Edited by jamesr3939