AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

I once had gift cards stolen from my mailbox.  They were sent to my sisters as Christmas presents to my kids.  That is why I will only deal with the ecards for Carnival.  

Were you able to get replacements? I have always wondered what happens when the gift cards don't show up.

8 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Were you able to get replacements? I have always wondered what happens when the gift cards don't show up.

No we weren't.  My sister had bought them at a store and then shipped them as gifts.  I did open a case with the postal inspector, our mailman swears he put them in the mailbox.  There was work being done on our street.  Our Ring Doorbell doesn't reach to the mailbox, so we can't see if someone took something.  My sister reached out with her receipts to the store and was told that no, there is nothing they can do about stolen gift cards.  

2 minutes ago, tw67 said:

No we weren't.  My sister had bought them at a store and then shipped them as gifts.  I did open a case with the postal inspector, our mailman swears he put them in the mailbox.  There was work being done on our street.  Our Ring Doorbell doesn't reach to the mailbox, so we can't see if someone took something.  My sister reached out with her receipts to the store and was told that no, there is nothing they can do about stolen gift cards.  

Ah, okay. I was wondering what would happen in a no show directly from Allstate, but thanks for the info! I don't really understand why they even bother with physical cards when all you need is the 16 digit number with PIN. 

Edited by n6uqqq

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

Ah, okay. I was wondering what would happen in a no show directly from Allstate, but thanks for the info!

Oh that is much different!  Sorry!  I do think that they stand by them if you don't receive them.  Of course if stolen out of your mailbox, I am not sure....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

This was with BJs, not Allstate, but I had Disney gift cards not show up (they were at a 4% discount, I think).  Fed Ex tracking didn't have an update on the package for a few days, and their CSR didn't know where it was.

I called BJs, and they said they would cancel the gift cards and send replacements. That same day, the gift cards showed up via fed ex, but the tracking number still showed not delivered.

I called BJs back, and they were able to stop the canceling of the gift cards, and all was well. But, I would have gotten replacements if they never came.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

This was with BJs, not Allstate, but I had Disney gift cards not show up (they were at a 4% discount, I think).  Fed Ex tracking didn't have an update on the package for a few days, and their CSR didn't know where it was.

I called BJs, and they said they would cancel the gift cards and send replacements. That same day, the gift cards showed up via fed ex, but the tracking number still showed not delivered.

I called BJs back, and they were able to stop the canceling of the gift cards, and all was well. But, I would have gotten replacements if they never came.

Thanks for the info. I used to use Allstate for other types of gift cards which were smaller denominations but now with the $1.75 per card charge many of these are no longer worth the headache of trying to get them through the mail.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Memory game has replaced the scratch game.

100 points prize for winning (one per day). But, they will also donate $1 to charity with each game play.

So, go play! Let's see how much money we can collectively generate by the end of the week!

I actually enjoy this game the best, but not too worried about points any more! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Memory game has replaced the scratch game.

100 points prize for winning (one per day). But, they will also donate $1 to charity with each game play.

So, go play! Let's see how much money we can collectively generate by the end of the week!

So today we could play the spin game and memory game!  Nice...I still didn't win on the spin, but nice that for the memory we get points and it helps charity.  

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 9:38 AM, deesully said:

1KSPRING23 code for 1000 points!

ALSO 2KSPRING23 worked for 2000 points for me.

Both worked for me, too. Thanks. Not too long ago, every code they released had at least 2 alter-egos. All we had to do was tweak it a little bit, like move the year from the end to the front, or like you did, change a 1k to 2k. Things like that. And it always added up to 3k-4k points. They must've figured out that we figured out their trick, because they stopped doing it.

Is it just me, or do codes come much more infrequently nowadays?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Both worked for me, too. Thanks. Not too long ago, every code they released had at least 2 alter-egos. All we had to do was tweak it a little bit, like move the year from the end to the front, or like you did, change a 1k to 2k. Things like that. And it always added up to 3k-4k points. They must've figured out that we figured out their trick, because they stopped doing it.

Is it just me, or do codes come much more infrequently nowadays?

We still get them every Wednesday, but I do feel like we get special ones less often.  I also think the Wednesday ones are for less than they used to be.  Very rarely can we tweak each one for more points.

• Like 1

I think the number of point codes has gone down but now they give you so many with the spins, scratch off, memory game etc instead. I have almost 700k points and nowhere to spend them until they bring back ecards. Now 1.75 per card to ship in mail and I don't have enough faith in mail where I live. The last ecards I was able to buy were in late November 2022. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/9/2023 at 1:00 PM, n6uqqq said:

I think the number of point codes has gone down but now they give you so many with the spins, scratch off, memory game etc instead. I have almost 700k points and nowhere to spend them until they bring back ecards. Now 1.75 per card to ship in mail and I don't have enough faith in mail where I live. The last ecards I was able to buy were in late November 2022. 

And I’ve had an issue with physical card-still waiting to get it figured out: card wasn’t loaded with the money. First time I’ve had issue with physical cards in a few thousand spent. Prefer the e-card by far! Cruise is paid for but want to book excursion and steak house so need a few more!

1 hour ago, monykalyn said:

And I’ve had an issue with physical card-still waiting to get it figured out: card wasn’t loaded with the money. First time I’ve had issue with physical cards in a few thousand spent. Prefer the e-card by far! Cruise is paid for but want to book excursion and steak house so need a few more!

Please let us know how they work it out.  Thanks!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, monykalyn said:

I hope this is worked out quickly for you.  

Whoa! Won 2,000 on scratch off. That's the most I've won with that. Just like crossword uses the same words over & over, the memory game uses the same images. I like both of those games, I wish they'd change them up a little.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:20 PM, monykalyn said:

No answer yet on missing money on gift card but did get email saying they were looking into it and "working as quickly as possible to obtain resolution"

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone have that problem with Allstate (or AARP) cards. Let's hope you get it resolved soon and it doesn't become a more common problem.

The only time I've ever heard that happening was a few years ago, but it was because people were unwisely buying them off of sites like eBay and sellers were selling blank ones. It became such a problem, for a while Carnival insisted on verifying the validity of gift cards onboard cruises. They had to go through HQ to ensure they were legit and the process took up to 24 hours. That was a pain, but thankfully it didn't last long. I never understood their idea to verify them because it wasn't that the cards weren't legit Carnival gift cards, it was that people were getting robbed by crooked sellers.

• Like 1

THEY ARE BACK!!  THEY ARE BACK!!!  THEY ARE BACK!!!

Carnival ecards are back!!!!  Not just Carnival but a bunch of others!  I personally am glad to see Lands End!  

Plus I got 200 points on the spin game!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tw67 said:

THEY ARE BACK!!  THEY ARE BACK!!!  THEY ARE BACK!!!

Carnival ecards are back!!!!  Not just Carnival but a bunch of others!  I personally am glad to see Lands End!  

Plus I got 200 points on the spin game!!

Thanks for the update. I just bought my first Lands End items last month and I’m hooked!!  I never look for anything but Carnival cards but this is good news!

• Like 1