AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Just won 1,500 from scratch & win! It scratches off much faster than it did before and I'm pretty sure it scratches off a wider swath, too. Makes it much quicker. Struck out on the wheel as usual. I'm not fond of bubble shooter. It's pretty laggy for me.

I got a voicemail from a PVP a couple days ago. We used to have a fantastic PVP, but unfortunately he passed away a couple years ago. They referred his clients to someone else, who I talked to once or twice, but never got to use him for a booking, so I never got to see if he'd work as hard for us. The guy who called the other day was a different one yet, so I guess the other guy isn't with them anymore. He knew my name, so he's obviously been given someone else's list of clients.

22 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Just won 1,500 from scratch & win! It scratches off much faster than it did before and I'm pretty sure it scratches off a wider swath, too. Makes it much quicker. Struck out on the wheel as usual. I'm not fond of bubble shooter. It's pretty laggy for me.

I got a voicemail from a PVP a couple days ago. We used to have a fantastic PVP, but unfortunately he passed away a couple years ago. They referred his clients to someone else, who I talked to once or twice, but never got to use him for a booking, so I never got to see if he'd work as hard for us. The guy who called the other day was a different one yet, so I guess the other guy isn't with them anymore. He knew my name, so he's obviously been given someone else's list of clients.

Did you happen to have Glen, who passed away as your PVP? He was terrific. The new guy I have now is sure not Glen.

Edited by canes20
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ober134 said:

Any idea when gift cards will be back?

It is hard to harbor a guess at this point because Their rewards program appears to be rudderless at this time. Many have jumped ship for AARP which has none of these problems with stocking Carnival cards. 

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

It is hard to harbor a guess at this point because Their rewards program appears to be rudderless at this time. Many have jumped ship for AARP which has none of these problems with stocking Carnival cards. 

Have so many gosh darn points.... And when I need to use them.... Poof cards gone

1 hour ago, ober134 said:

Have so many gosh darn points.... And when I need to use them.... Poof cards gone

I know what you mean. I really liked their 1000 dollar ecard. So much easier to give my big box travel agent fewer codes and pin numbers. I have 670k points and nowhere to use them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Problem is, you need to be a paying member to get giftcards with aarp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tennboy1981 said:

Problem is, you need to be a paying member to get giftcards with aarp.

Correct but when you factor in that Allstate lately hasn't had the ecards (or now any cards) you have to spend 1.75 per 100 dollar card or 5 dollars for a 500 card for shipping you can make up the approximately 12 dollars for a year of AARP really fast now. And the last cards Allstate had were now only 8 percent off for Carnival. I pay for entire cruises with gift cards so I bought the membership for 5 years for 64 dollars and then BofA had a deal for 8 dollars back so it was 56 dollars. Plus AARP has a lot of other restaurant gift cards etc to offer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Correct but when you factor in that Allstate lately hasn't had the ecards (or now any cards) you have to spend 1.75 per 100 dollar card or 5 dollars for a 500 card for shipping you can make up the approximately 12 dollars for a year of AARP really fast now. And the last cards Allstate had were now only 8 percent off for Carnival. I pay for entire cruises with gift cards so I bought the membership for 5 years for 64 dollars and then BofA had a deal for 8 dollars back so it was 56 dollars. Plus AARP has a lot of other restaurant gift cards etc to offer. 

Yeah I think im going to get the membership.  Only 12 bucks for the year.  Here's my question, do you still need "points" to redeem?  Or can you buy them without them?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tennboy1981 said:

Yeah I think im going to get the membership.  Only 12 bucks for the year.  Here's my question, do you still need "points" to redeem?  Or can you buy them without them?

No points needed with AARP and you can now buy 25 digital Carnival cards per month plus 5 other non Carnival gift cards for restaurants, home improvement, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

No points needed with AARP and you can now buy 25 digital Carnival cards per month plus 5 other non Carnival gift cards for restaurants, home improvement, etc. 

Awesome, great to know.  Thanks!

On 7/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, n6uqqq said:

Do you have to be 55+ to join? I used to use AARP before they changed how to do it. Honestly, if we cruise as much as we are thinking (3 times in about 15 months), it would be worth it. But I’m no where near 55…

1 hour ago, ab19902 said:

Do you have to be 55+ to join? I used to use AARP before they changed how to do it. Honestly, if we cruise as much as we are thinking (3 times in about 15 months), it would be worth it. But I’m no where near 55…

You do not have to be 55.

On 7/1/2023 at 3:06 PM, canes20 said:

Did you happen to have Glen, who passed away as your PVP? He was terrific. The new guy I have now is sure not Glen.

Yep, Glen. An unbelievable PVP. He'd go above & beyond every time I talked to him. I'll never forget, I called late one afternoon with a problem, forgetting he was an hour ahead, so I got him at home. Him & his wife were getting ready to go out with friends for his wife's birthday. I apologized profusely, told him it could definitely wait until the next day, but he said no, let him have a look and to give him a minute to get on his computer. Again, I apologized and told him it'll wait, but he absolutely insisted on helping. I was shocked when I found out he passed. I hadn't talked to him for a couple years because of covid. He always said, "The website's for looking...Glen's for booking." 😄 I don't think anyone can replace Glen.

On 7/4/2023 at 12:02 PM, n6uqqq said:

On 7/4/2023 at 12:05 PM, tennboy1981 said:

Awesome, great to know.  Thanks!

To add to n6uqqq's post, each membership comes with a complimentary membership for one other person in your household (they get their own AARP membership card, too). If you ever need more Carnival cards in a month, you can create a separate website account for the second person and double your gift card limit.

It seems they've been putting effort into improving it. In the beginning, there was a 3/month limit on Carnival cards. Then they upped it to 5/month. Now evidently 25, so they recognized the demand. Not to mention, I don't think they've ever ran out of Carnival cards that I know of, other than a short period of time not long after they revamped their rewards program.

• Like 1