AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

Okay gang, time to pack up and head over to the AARP thread. I will miss the code hunting/applying and the nostalgia of this thread. 

I didn't even know that there was an AARP thread!!!

I honestly will really miss the people on this thread.  I feel like I have known some of you a really long time.  So I hope most of you are on the AARP thread!  

I was having a rough day at work, and then I saw the email from ALLSTATE this morning, and saw I had a bunch of alerts from Cruise Critic, so I was a bit sad!  Not sure what I will do with all my points.  Maybe one of us will hit a sweepstakes win and tell the rest of us all about it!!  

Just last night my husband and I went up on AARP and paid for our November cruise and took out enough for CHEERS.  When on a 9 day cruise, you forget that CHEERS is almost as much as the cruise!  

Take care everyone!  Come and tell us what sweepstakes you are entering, and we can all hope for that "Fire Sale"!!  

Terry

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Isn't there a limit on the AARP cards? Like 2 a month or something? Do they have all cards up to $1,000?

I think it is 25 a month.  Last night there were $100 and $500 denominations.  There weren't any $1K.

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Isn't there a limit on the AARP cards? Like 2 a month or something? Do they have all cards up to $1,000?

Just went and checked and it is 25 per month and only $100 and $500 (both in e-cards)

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, crucero said:

I have over a million points. I am ordering all the free paper magazines I can get and will donate them to the elementary school across from me so they can use them for art projects.

That is really kind of you!  I am sure they can use them.

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

Welcome Allstate Rewards refugees! 

Thanks!  I feel like I have found the dark side of tiktoc....

I will miss our ALLSTATE REWARDS thread, but if we are all over here, it will be close to the same!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep, we saw this coming. Things have been going downhill for a while now.

@canes20 Click on the thumbnail image for each sweepstakes and it should let you enter.

Over 900K points down the toilet. Looks like I'll be entering sweepstakes like a madman. I like @travelingtink's idea...maybe they'll have a going-out-of-business sale.

Once upon a time, there was an AARP thread that was just as active as this one, but when AARP revamped their rewards program to be members only, that thread died.

Would anyone be interested in keeping this thread going? It's so massive, I'll bet it's the longest running active thread on the Carnival boards. For that reason, I'd hate to lose it.  @helene109 is this thread's creator and I think she's still around. We (she) could ask the moderators to change the thread title to become AARP. It's been done before.

• Like 1

I tried posting, but for some reason it says it has to be approved first. Would anyone be interested in keeping this thread? It's so massive, I think it's the biggest active thread on the Carnival boards. I'd hate to lose that. After all, we've used it to talk about AARP, too. I think the thread creator @helene109  still comes around once in a while. She can request that the thread title be changed to become AARP if we want to keep it going.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I tried posting, but for some reason it says it has to be approved first. Would anyone be interested in keeping this thread? It's so massive, I think it's the biggest active thread on the Carnival boards. I'd hate to lose that. After all, we've used it to talk about AARP, too. I think the thread creator @helene109  still comes around once in a while. She can request that the thread title be changed to become AARP if we want to keep it going.

Do you just want to create a new Thread? I just bought a $500 Allstate card today for my cruise next month 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canes20 said:

giphy.gif

LOL!! Shoot, reading through this thread I feel...old or something or maybe I am..but whatever!!! We've been purchasing discounted gift cards from AARP for the last 3-4 years at least..maybe longer..pretty sure we got them before the pandemic. We did hook into Allstate also...I liked them because they offered $1000 cards which AARP is not currently. We've saved hundreds...maybe thousands...using the cards for a number of cruise balances...sign and sail accounts...funded CHEERs a handful of times..etc.....Sure hope AARP can handle the the onslaught of "new comers"!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, helene109 said:

Do you just want to create a new Thread? I just bought a $500 Allstate card today for my cruise next month 🤣

There is an AARP thread that someone made on 7/18 -- https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2951542-aarp-carnival-gift-cards/ . A couple of Allstate refugees have posted there. Personally, my vote is to rename this thread...I guess I'm sentimental like that. 😁 They could even merge that other one with this one. Whatever happens, I'll be here...there...somewhere.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

There is an AARP thread that someone made on 7/18 -- https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2951542-aarp-carnival-gift-cards/ . A couple of Allstate refugees have posted there. Personally, my vote is to rename this thread...I guess I'm sentimental like that. 😁 They could even merge that other one with this one. Whatever happens, I'll be here...there...somewhere.

No idea how to rename it. I will miss the rewards too!!

• Like 1

@LauraS  @Host Kat

Not sure who to contact. Could we please have the title of this thread changed to AARP Carnival gift cards, because the Allstate program is ending later this year. We'd like to keep this thread going since it's so big, has been active for 6 1/2 years, and contains so much useful content. We've also been using it as the unoffical AARP thread for some time now. We love our little corner of the Carnival boards. 😄

Someone made an AARP thread a couple weeks ago here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2951542-aarp-carnival-gift-cards/

That smaller thread could be merged into this one if you'd like. User helene109 above is this thread's original author. Thank you very much.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

Thanks!  I feel like I have found the dark side of tiktoc....

I will miss our ALLSTATE REWARDS thread, but if we are all over here, it will be close to the same!!

I put in a request to have the Allstate thread title changed to become the AARP thread. It's been a great thread for over 6 years, I'd hate to lose it. If they approve, they can merge this one into it.

Just now, CruisinChandler said:

I wasn’t expecting more codes after yesterday’s announcement, but just received one:

TECH4ME23 for 1,000 points 

Thank you.  Not just a new code, but new games too.  Weird!!

20 hours ago, bar1068 said:

LOL!! Shoot, reading through this thread I feel...old or something or maybe I am..but whatever!!! We've been purchasing discounted gift cards from AARP for the last 3-4 years at least..maybe longer..pretty sure we got them before the pandemic. We did hook into Allstate also...I liked them because they offered $1000 cards which AARP is not currently. We've saved hundreds...maybe thousands...using the cards for a number of cruise balances...sign and sail accounts...funded CHEERs a handful of times..etc.....Sure hope AARP can handle the the onslaught of "new comers"!!!

Hopefully everything will be okay with the current flow of gift cards at AARP. I think things will be fine, as Allstate hasn't been very viable for several months now and I haven't seen any supply issues at AARP for Carnival cards.