AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, Stick93 said:

Thanks for all the codes.

Does anyone  know why the extra points you get for the my challenges (the way they track your driving skills) doesn’t add points to my account?? I have about 2k points accrued but they are not in my account?? 

It shows in my history on the allstate rewards page the points I have earned for my driving. For example, my husband & I both earned 200 points each this week for 10 trips with no braking events. If you look in your history on the Allstate Rewards website and don't see them there, I would suggest calling in to them.

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER !!!

Just got the last of my Carnival cards for the family cruise!!!

Hope Carnival has a couple hours while I read them all the numbers off the cards.

With the savings I get to go for free, but then again I've always been a cheap date.

Cabo Bob:classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_tongue: the toungettes are bummed they have to stay home.

• Like 1

For those who use AARP Rewards for Good in addition to Allstate, there's been a few people in one of the AARP threads reporting that they've been having trouble with timely shipping of the cards. Someone waited 10 business days, no cards, then were told to wait an additional 5 business days while they investigate the delay (no response after 4 of those days). One person said they've waited 20 days and still no cards. I think I'm going to avoid AARP for a while and get all our cards through here for now, just to be safe.

Then again, it's the same third-party company that owns & operates both the Allstate & AARP rewards websites, so I don't know who ships the cards. Has anyone experienced any recent delays with shipping here?

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

For those who use AARP Rewards for Good in addition to Allstate, there's been a few people in one of the AARP threads reporting that they've been having trouble with timely shipping of the cards. Someone waited 10 business days, no cards, then were told to wait an additional 5 business days while they investigate the delay (no response after 4 of those days). One person said they've waited 20 days and still no cards. I think I'm going to avoid AARP for a while and get all our cards through here for now, just to be safe.

Then again, it's the same third-party company that owns & operates both the Allstate & AARP rewards websites, so I don't know who ships the cards. Has anyone experienced any recent delays with shipping here?

It was the opposite for me. Ordered five cards a day for six days and it was delivered in two packages from UPS which I had to sign for. I received all the cards within a week after my last order. Saved enough for one person to cruise free.

The lower dollar cards that I purchase come USPS and they are slower, about two weeks on average. I think the trick is to order enough cards to hit the threshold of signature confirmation. Not sure but it seems like any order over a thousand you have to sign for.    

Cabo Bob, Out of Points, Broke, But Happy:classic_biggrin:

I have ordered thousands of dollars of cards for myself, my brother, and my parents.  Never took more than 5 business days to receive.  I wonder if the people with the delays live in the middle of nowhere or in a mid-large city?

500 dollars triggers UPS delivery instead of snail mail. I don't know about allstate but AARP will not provide any tracking info even for UPS. That is where having a personal free UPS account comes in handy because they will notify of impending deliveries.

3 hours ago, CABO BOB said:

It was the opposite for me. Ordered five cards a day for six days and it was delivered in two packages from UPS which I had to sign for. I received all the cards within a week after my last order. Saved enough for one person to cruise free.

The lower dollar cards that I purchase come USPS and they are slower, about two weeks on average. I think the trick is to order enough cards to hit the threshold of signature confirmation. Not sure but it seems like any order over a thousand you have to sign for.    

Cabo Bob, Out of Points, Broke, But Happy:classic_biggrin:

Yeah, n6uqqq is right. Any order $500 or more is sent via UPS (signature). Although, one person in that thread said they ordered a $500 card and it came via USPS. That's not normal, so I don't know what happened there.

I do remember seeing one person say their delay was for cards coming through USPS, but I don't know if all the ones having problems are the same. Every time we've ordered cards that came USPS, we've gotten them in a week or less. But we haven't ordered any recently. Seems like something is gumming up the works over there. Hope it doesn't start affecting Allstate because we'll be ordering soon.

32 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

500 dollars triggers UPS delivery instead of snail mail. I don't know about allstate but AARP will not provide any tracking info even for UPS. That is where having a personal free UPS account comes in handy because they will notify of impending deliveries.

I've seen a couple people talk about that account. Isn't there an app that goes along with it? If I remember, someone mentioned a few times that you could change the destination through the app to make sure you're there and able to sign for them. Does it just notify you of impending deliveries, or does it also allow you to completely track the package?

I just took a quick look at the app store and it was UPS My Choice that someone kept talking about. Part of the UPS Mobile app, I guess.

I signed up through my laptop so I don't have the app for phone. I don't want too many apps on my phone and the web based My choice works great. I  use it to have my delivery changed to a nearby UPS store because I am always at work when UPS comes.

Edited by n6uqqq

10 hours ago, moondog73 said:

I have ordered thousands of dollars of cards for myself, my brother, and my parents.  Never took more than 5 business days to receive.  I wonder if the people with the delays live in the middle of nowhere or in a mid-large city?

I'm the person who ordered in May 30th who hasn't received my 3 $100 cards.  I usually order through Allstate, which is why I follow this thread.

Heard today that they are shipping cards out again.  I don't expect a tracking number.

I live in the suburbs of Washington DC and have never had a problem receiving any cards, except in this instance.  Wish the would come back with electronic cards.

Posting this here since a lot of you also get the AARP cards. This was posted in another thread. AARP is discontinuing their Rewards for Good program and will begin AARP Rewards later this summer. We'll have through August 20th to redeem AARP Rewards for Good points, after that, they are forfeited. The new program begins in late August.

https://campaigns.aarp.org/rewardsforgood/

On 6/20/2019 at 12:28 AM, Organized Chaos said:

I've experienced a delay with receiving a $100 gift card from Allstate. Placed the order on 5/24. Received the shipment email from Allstate on 5/29. Never received the card so I called Allstate on 6/14 and they said they would cancel the first and mail a new one. Just called them back again yesterday and the new card hasn't shipped yet but I was told to call them back on Wednesday if I haven't received a shipment email by then. So not the best experience with the card shipped USPS which I hope I receive sometime this month. I live in Raleigh, NC so it's not exactly the middle of nowhere. This was my first order ever with Allstate Rewards.

On the plus side, I also ordered a $500 and $100 gift card together in a single order on 6/10 and they arrived by UPS two days later!!

So I'll be ordering at least $500 of cards at a time going forward since the UPS order worked out much better than the USPS one.

11 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Posting this here since a lot of you also get the AARP cards. This was posted in another thread. AARP is discontinuing their Rewards for Good program and will begin AARP Rewards later this summer. We'll have through August 20th to redeem AARP Rewards for Good points, after that, they are forfeited. The new program begins in late August.

https://campaigns.aarp.org/rewardsforgood/

After I just got out of AARP jail too 😞  .

3 hours ago, netninja04 said:

I've experienced a delay with receiving a $100 gift card from Allstate. Placed the order on 5/24. Received the shipment email from Allstate on 5/29. Never received the card so I called Allstate on 6/14 and they said they would cancel the first and mail a new one. Just called them back again yesterday and the new card hasn't shipped yet but I was told to call them back on Wednesday if I haven't received a shipment email by then. So not the best experience with the card shipped USPS which I hope I receive sometime this month. I live in Raleigh, NC so it's not exactly the middle of nowhere. This was my first order ever with Allstate Rewards.

On the plus side, I also ordered a $500 and $100 gift card together in a single order on 6/10 and they arrived by UPS two days later!!

So I'll be ordering at least $500 of cards at a time going forward since the UPS order worked out much better than the USPS one.

UPS is infinitely better for receiving the gift cards yes. Nothing less than 500 for me at a time.

43 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

After I just got out of AARP jail too 😞  .

The only problem is, no one can find any more information about the AARP change other than the webpage posted by the OP of that thread. I'm not saying it's bogus, because it looks to truly be coming from AARP, but they have yet to put anything about it up on their main site or their rewards site. Their FAQ's also said they'd send email notifications, but I haven't gotten anything. According to the linked webpage, the changeover comes in two months, so it's very strange that they haven't begun to notify users.

40 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

UPS is infinitely better for receiving the gift cards yes. Nothing less than 500 for me at a time.

The last time we got cards shipped via USPS was a few years ago and we didn't have any trouble. For our cruise last year, the e-cards were always available, so we never worried about shipping. But now we need to pay off our current booking and have no choice but to have them shipped, so I guess we'll stick to the UPS method, too. We still have several months before final payment is due, so there's time, but I really don't want to deal with the hassle that seems to be going on with USPS delivery.

Edited by Organized Chaos