AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

I signed up a week ago - purchase $1000 worth of cards for $900, received them and paid for my cheers and other expenses for my next cruise. 

This is is really easy as 1-2-3

plus with the codes here have earned more points!  

One question - anyone here use these points to buy credit for the “other cruise line” they sell on their site??? I posted over there but they are not regular folks like us - nobody there wants to admit to saving money!  

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

I signed up a week ago - purchase $1000 worth of cards for $900, received them and paid for my cheers and other expenses for my next cruise. 

One question - anyone here use these points to buy credit for the “other cruise line” they sell on their site??? I posted over there but they are not regular folks like us - nobody there wants to admit to saving money!  

The other cruise line is not nearly the same.  You can get them, but they can only be used when you originally book a cruise.  If you have enough certificates, in theory you can use them for the whole cruise, but you cannot use them for payment after it is booked, and they do not work for obc, drinks, excursions, etc from what I have been told.  We looked into them when we booked our last 2 RCCI cruises.

3 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I was reading on the other gift cards and it appears if you cancel the cruise you lose the money with the gift cards. 

3 hours ago, M4Travels said:

As @CABO BOB noted, your second code should be COSTA1000.

What is funny is that I spent an hour working with the Costa trip promotion on the rewards site last week. Tried "Costa" seven ways from sunday including the now workable codes. Went and checked my other notes and tried "SUMMERDAYS1000" FOR 1000 POINTS and it works now. There are no other variations but that doesn't mean there won't be. Love doing puzzles and all the better when you get rewards with them.

Called rewards when the SUNFUN2019 didn't work and they gave me 1000 admin. points. Then they got it working and I got another 1000 points. Told them about all the codes I found and asked why no one was getting them, no answer. With multiple properties and vehicles insured with Allstate I worry not about them getting angry.

Cabo Bob :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_tongue: my toungettes are back!

• Like 1

Anyone had their account locked out? Got a bunch of points and trying to accumulate more for -- well it's like sport now. And I can't log on to my Rewards page. Something about 

• Sorry. You can only use that user id and password combination to sign in where you created it.

(which was my phone) -- but when I do the phone thing it says my points are being updated (for a week)? 

When I try to get to rewards from any page within Allstate it loops back to the main Allstate page. 

I'm sure I could call and answer a bunch of questions, but I hate the phone -- and guessing someone here has had the same happen to them at some point?

Thanks in advance!

Yes

31 minutes ago, robertlanajean said:

Anyone had their account locked out? Got a bunch of points and trying to accumulate more for -- well it's like sport now. And I can't log on to my Rewards page. Something about 

• Sorry. You can only use that user id and password combination to sign in where you created it.

(which was my phone) -- but when I do the phone thing it says my points are being updated (for a week)? 

When I try to get to rewards from any page within Allstate it loops back to the main Allstate page. 

I'm sure I could call and answer a bunch of questions, but I hate the phone -- and guessing someone here has had the same happen to them at some point?

Thanks in advance!

Yes!  Thanks for posing the question. I am planning to call tomorrow and see what the problem is but I am having the exact same problem.  The app shows my trips but won't let me log in to enter promo codes or redeem my points. 

Came here to see if anyone else was having the same problem. When I saw the message saying I could only log in where I created the account, I thought it meant they locked non-customers out from the website. Back when I signed up a few years ago, the only way us non-customers could register an account was through the Drivewise app, which was discontinued and integrated into the Allstate app. So I just installed the Allstate app (I never used it so didn't keep it on my phone) thinking that everything would now have to be done through that, but it still doesn't work. I do know I used to be able to enter promo codes through the app, but now that option is gone. And if I try to redeem points (view the gift cards), it automatically opens my mobile browser where I get the same login error.

I have a bad feeling about this. Allstate & AARP use the same company to maintain their rewards sites. After many people got locked out of their AARP rewards accounts for using a bad, shared code, I'm hoping we here on Allstate aren't suffering the same fate.

• Like 1

CSR came on the phone and told me to delete existing app as I am a "trial" customer on the drivewise app.  That was a waste of time, after deleting and reinstalling the new app I still can't get past the redeem my rewards firewall.  It takes me to the Allstate browser and the vicious cycle begins as it then tells me they can't find my policy, etc.  Probably because I don't have one.  My points, 63,700, show up but I can't access them.  I did tell the CSR that I am not the only one that is getting this message...

20 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Came here to see if anyone else was having the same problem. When I saw the message saying I could only log in where I created the account, I thought it meant they locked non-customers out from the website. Back when I signed up a few years ago, the only way us non-customers could register an account was through the Drivewise app, which was discontinued and integrated into the Allstate app. So I just installed the Allstate app (I never used it so didn't keep it on my phone) thinking that everything would now have to be done through that, but it still doesn't work. I do know I used to be able to enter promo codes through the app, but now that option is gone. And if I try to redeem points (view the gift cards), it automatically opens my mobile browser where I get the same login error.

I have a bad feeling about this. Allstate & AARP use the same company to maintain their rewards sites. After many people got locked out of their AARP rewards accounts for using a bad, shared code, I'm hoping we here on Allstate aren't suffering the same fate.

For those who are having trouble. Both the Allstate and AARP sites are having technical issues.

First, The monthly rewards code on the Allstate home site for customers did not work for days.

Second, The weekly & monthly Calculators that give points at AARP are still not working and it is the  10th of June.

I'm still finding new codes for the Allstate site (four in the last week) by using puzzle skills that are not in emails or on the home site. I entered them with no problem. I have Allstate insurance and a paid up membership to AARP so I don't know if that's the difference. I do know both sites are having Tech issues so that may be the problem.                                                   Cabo Bob

2 hours ago, CABO BOB said:

For those who are having trouble. Both the Allstate and AARP sites are having technical issues.

First, The monthly rewards code on the Allstate home site for customers did not work for days.

Second, The weekly & monthly Calculators that give points at AARP are still not working and it is the  10th of June.

I'm still finding new codes for the Allstate site (four in the last week) by using puzzle skills that are not in emails or on the home site. I entered them with no problem. I have Allstate insurance and a paid up membership to AARP so I don't know if that's the difference. I do know both sites are having Tech issues so that may be the problem.                                                   Cabo Bob

I"m hoping technical issues is all this is. I still can't login to Allstate rewards. I was able to log in to AARP and enter a promo code just fine yesterday. Logged in just now and was able to view the gift cards and even add one to my cart, so AARP seems to be working fine for me. I haven't tried to do any quizzes, though. I'm also an AARP member, but not an Allstate customer.

I emailed them yesterday, but haven't gotten a response. I'm not going to call just yet. Their customer service for non-customers stinks, in my experience. I called them a couple months ago just trying to change the email address for my rewards account. As non-customers, we can't login to the main site and it doesn't allow emails to be changed from the rewards site. I called the number for their rewards program, but they told me they couldn't help me. They gave me another customer service number. The person on that line told me I needed to call rewards customer service and gave me the first number I tried. Finally, the third person I talked to said they changed my email, but they didn't. So I'm going to see how this plays out in the next day or two and only call as a last resort.

5 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I cannot log into Allstate just like the others above.

Strange this is i can get in if i click through a rewards email and enter codes but when i try and redeem i go into the login loop. Oh well hoping it's a glitch and nothing more.

3 hours ago, robertlanajean said:

Strange this is i can get in if i click through a rewards email and enter codes but when i try and redeem i go into the login loop. Oh well hoping it's a glitch and nothing more.

If I click through from the email, it does let me view the rewards page, but I'm not actually logged in. It shows my points total, but in the upper left corner, it says "Hello [blank]" instead of my name. And if I click on Account, it takes me to the login page where I get the error. I'm a bit afraid to enter the code this way since I'm not truly logged in. I don't want to somehow waste the code.

Day 7 Roscoe13 held hostage...

BTW, I am NO trouble accessing the AARP Rewards For Goods site and accumulating points there via codes and quizzes.  This is only specific to Allstate Drivewise.  I don't think it's a glitch...