Any tips for enticing the Upgrade/Upsell Fairy?

mjgep0316

We are booked on the Anthem during Spring Break week and just made final payment for our D1. When my TA made final payment, I had her contact RCI to see if there were willing to "negotiate" a lower price for one of the two different types of suites that were showing available. No dice, they said. Well, final payment date has come and gone and there are now 9 different types of suites available!

None of the prices are below our D1 price, so I feel somewhat vindicated. Besides changing our preferences on my profile on RCI's website, any other tips on enticing the Fairy? I am willing to pay a reasonable amount of money to upgrade but not the crazy numbers being asked on the website.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on the Anthem during Spring Break week and just made final payment for our D1. When my TA made final payment, I had her contact RCI to see if there were willing to "negotiate" a lower price for one of the two different types of suites that were showing available. No dice, they said. Well, final payment date has come and gone and there are now 9 different types of suites available!

None of the prices are below our D1 price, so I feel somewhat vindicated. Besides changing our preferences on my profile on RCI's website, any other tips on enticing the Fairy? I am willing to pay a reasonable amount of money to upgrade but not the crazy numbers being asked on the website.

If you want to upgrade you pay the going rate. They don't play let's make a deal.

Got two upsells, Both on Allure.

Booked GS and got upsell to CL2 for $700 one year.

Following year Booked GS and got upsell to Cl1 for $600.

We were a new C&A level I think we were Emerald.

Would have to go back to see exact years but it was a couple back.

Now we are addicted to CL and book and pay.

Now wondering if we would be offered an upsell to a SL (HA)

Just saying

So either book the stateroom you want or can afford....K.O.:D

The Upgrade Fairy really likes Snipe. What you have to do is go on a Snipe Hunt every night until you get 2 or 3 that you can set out in a pen. Make sure you leave them out every night. The morning you wake up and the Snipe are gone, just sit by your phone and wait for the call.

From what others have said, it is very unlikely. However, I would keep watching pricing. Worked for me. We went from a JS to a GS for no additional cost (except for service charge).

Nice score! This is a great tip. Thanks.

From what others have said, it is very unlikely. However, I would keep watching pricing. Worked for me. We went from a JS to a GS for no additional cost (except for service charge).

service charge? You mean the additional daily gratuities of $13.50 pp pd in a JS but $16.50 pp pd in a GS?

The Upgrade Fairy really likes Snipe. What you have to do is go on a Snipe Hunt every night until you get 2 or 3 that you can set out in a pen. Make sure you leave them out every night. The morning you wake up and the Snipe are gone, just sit by your phone and wait for the call.

You are so wrong! The Upgrade Fairy likes Jack Daniels. She sips a few snorts then flies around and randomly bumps into reservations. (I'm afraid she may have a serious problem!)

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Please clarify "service charge." Never paid any service charges for up sell or changing from one category to another, or for any changes made directly with RC.