Eating on Deck on QM II

Our Queen Mary cruiseis approaching fast.

Mrs Gut and I have a bit of a ritual of eating on Deck as we sail out of the most beautiful harbour on earth. (Not sure if we will this cruise as sail out is scheduled for midnight and with only five nights...).

Normally just a plate from the buffet and take it out on Deck, or a 🍔 Burger or two 🍔 🍔 With some 🍟 fries.

Any suggestions if we decide to do so on QM2?

I doubt that the Boardwalk Cafe on Deck 12 willl be open. They seem to run at times that suit themselves. On Deck 12 there is a good spot for sailaway . They have an open raised section in the middle of the deck from which you get a great 360 view . It is also just below the funnel and it is spine tingling when the Captain sounds the horn. Failing that they may have a sailaway party on Deck 8 around the Terrace Pool.

I doubt that the Boardwalk Cafe on Deck 12 willl be open. They seem to run at times that suit themselves. On Deck 12 there is a good spot for sailaway . They have an open raised section in the middle of the deck from which you get a great 360 view . It is also just below the funnel and it is spine tingling when the Captain sounds the horn. Failing that they may have a sailaway party on Deck 8 around the Terrace Pool.

Thanks not real interested in deck parties, maybe the MDR And then a quiet spot for sail away at midnight. Deck 12 sounds good.

Our Queen Mary cruiseis approaching fast.

Mrs Gut and I have a bit of a ritual of eating on Deck as we sail out of the most beautiful harbour on earth. (Not sure if we will this cruise as sail out is scheduled for midnight and with only five nights...).

Normally just a plate from the buffet and take it out on Deck, or a Burger or two With some fries.

Any suggestions if we decide to do so on QM2?

The Boardwalk should be open for lunch and dinner but I think it closed at 9pm. Burgers, hotdogs, fries, etc.

Right, it was 2015 when we were on her. I agree that the putt putt area is great for sailaway. There are some bench seat up there as well.:D

The Boardwalk should be open for lunch and dinner but I think it closed at 9pm. Burgers, hotdogs, fries, etc.

Yeah I think it'll end up MDR, then on Deck for sailaway, unless by midnight I'm zzzzzzz

Where are you sailing out from GUT? Sydney is not to be missed but at midnight they might have to keep the music quieter.

Syd-Syd.

Music doesn't worry, doubt the ship will blast her horn.

It's that beautiful sailout.

Syd-Syd.

Music doesn't worry, doubt the ship will blast her horn.

It's that beautiful sailout.

Then you might have to have a nanna nap during the day to stay up. I must say that backing out of Circular Quay with 'Proud Mary keeps on turning' blaring out is rather impressive on the QM2.

Edited by Pushka

Then you might have to have a nanna nap during the day to stay up. I must say that backing out of Circular Quay with 'Proud Mary keeps on turning' blaring out is rather impressive on the QM2.

Buggers aren't letting us on till 4:00, so I'm guessing the day(S) will go a bit like this

Fri, spend all day running around getting dog into kennel picking up the girls and driving to Sydney, get car in the car park, book in to hotel, dinner, etc

Sat

Breakfast,

Checkout by 10:00

Up to OPT (couldn't get in to Holiday Inn of Grace, so up at Workd Square)

Drop bags

Wander around markets (or find somewhere to sit with a cold one while the girls do:D:cool:)

Board at 4:00

Mustard Drill

Dinner

Nana nap

Sleep through.:eek::eek:

Why 4pm? What time does ship berth that morning? Or is it a suggested time according to Deck? I guess with midnight departure it doesn't matter so much. Means that mustard will likely cut across early sitting or maybe it will be open. Likely won't have the luggage before dinner either.

Why 4pm? What time does ship berth that morning? Or is it a suggested time according to Deck? I guess with midnight departure it doesn't matter so much. Means that mustard will likely cut across early sitting or maybe it will be open. Likely won't have the luggage before dinner either.

I'm not sure to be honest.

It is part of the W/C, so might just be by Deck, current plan is to play it by ear, but I know the girls will be happy to do the Markets.

That would be cool, but I think the lights of Sydney would be magnificent enough.

Good plan, With a midnight sailaway, I imagine that the majority of the QMII passengers would be asleep as well or in the Queens room dancing.

I thought just sit on the balcony, but we ended up with one of the sheltered balconies and I'm not sure the view will be that good from there.

I thought just sit on the balcony, but we ended up with one of the sheltered balconies and I'm not sure the view will be that good from there.

The view will be fine as long as you stand at the balcony and are starboard side. You can lean comfortably on them and poke your head out. It's not like it lasts more than 30 minutes to get past most of the lights and then it is dark. Bumpy. Rockin' n rollin' past the Heads. (Kidding, unless there is a storm)

On the back deck

IMG_1485589780.633200.jpg.62b4866e0b183c4c477ddba74e9d2fef.jpg

IMG_1485589824.386899.jpg.36784c5231051c15eaad9702c930f41c.jpg

IMG_1485589855.095467.jpg.5790768d240ee922e1995fa2aa02b30e.jpg

Edited by Pushka

True as Pushka said, you will likely have to stand to see most of the views. Walk around up on deck would be better.

The view will be fine as long as you stand at the balcony and are starboard side. You can lean comfortably on them and poke your head out. It's not like it lasts more than 30 minutes to get past most of the lights and then it is dark. Bumpy. Rockin' n rollin' past the Heads. (Kidding, unless there is a storm)

On the back deck

[ATTACH]402678[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]402679[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]402680[/ATTACH]

Yeah I think if I'm awake it will be on Deck.

On the back deck

[ATTACH]402678[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]402679[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]402680[/ATTACH]

I'm actually hoping that at least one crossing the Bass turns it on, to see how an "Ocean Liner" handles it.

Unfortunately I have a sheltered balcony on the Port side. Guess it does not matter even if I stand on the furniture.

On a tangential matter related to the midnight sailing. Does anyone know what time transmitting passengers are required back onboard? As I am coming onwards from Melbourne, trying to sort some Sydney activities on both 25/2 and 2/3.

Unfortunately I have a sheltered balcony on the Port side. Guess it does not matter even if I stand on the furniture.

On a tangential matter related to the midnight sailing. Does anyone know what time transmitting passengers are required back onboard? As I am coming onwards from Melbourne, trying to sort some Sydney activities on both 25/2 and 2/3.

What deck? We're on four.

I'd expect about 11:30.