Is this you?

flutepilot

If one person at table and no tables available we will ask if we can sit there. Met some nice people this way

The same with us :)

Using this method of asking to share we've never not been able to find seats regardless of the time of day we went to the Lido on any of our 13 cruises.

Edited by summersigh

Ok so at first I thought big deal wait a couple of minutes and a table will open up. Then. I thought about my daughter who has 4 soon to be 5 children. I know they would never take a cruise, but if they did, can you imagine standing holding meals while waiting for a table because someone has chosen there to play cards. So, I guess my final opinion is move the card game elsewhere. Someone may truly need the table.

Just because your daughter has a small army doesn't make her need for a table greater than anyone else's. She could go eat in the MDR. She doesn't need a table on Lido and shouldn't expect people to accommodate her simply because she has children.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

One thing the GF and I always do when it's crowded in the buffet: Let's say we see a convenient six-top (i.e. six seat-table) nearby that's just been cleaned. We'll put our trays down there, but immediately take the four-top portion and scoot it a few inches away, making it clear that it's a separate table we have no claim on. After that, we don't worry about it. Whoever sits there, sits there.

Personally I find it rude. It is the buffet which means food and eating. Would you go to a restaurant and sit for hours playing games...no. I would never use a buffet table for games. I also hold doors for women and let old people have my seats. Not because I have to but it the right thing to do!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Wow I can't believe someone say that a woman with a bunch of children should not be given any consideration to sit down and eat. I only have 2 kids but since I travel a lot with out my husband, I avoid the buffet as much as I can. It really hard for me to leave the children at the table and go get food anyway. But on the few times I do have to visit the buffet, and I am wondering around with a baby on my hip and a plate in each hand. I would hope someone just reading and or playing a game would offer us their table :o:(

Wow I can't believe someone say that a woman with a bunch of children should not be given any consideration to sit down and eat. I would hope someone just reading and or playing a game would offer us their table :o:(
After reading some of these comments you'd have to pray instead of hope. ;)

"...can anyone describe what an entitlement attitude sounds or looks like?"

I'll leave it to someone else to describe, but I'll provide an example: "I just got my food and want a seat right this minute. This food is heavy. I expect someone who isn't at a full table to get up and go find another table so I can have theirs. Never mind that I could use the extra walking to find another table, based on my food trayS. ;)

In the original post, This is me. I will sit down where ever there is an empty table. If someone wants to sit down with me that's fine with me. what happens when I cannot find an empty table with only 1 or 2 chairs available.

When it is busy, I have occasionally seen a table for 2 empty but no chairs to be found.

Definitely not me. I was the one using the table to change a diaper. Had to. Mom couldn't make it back to her cabin in time.

Disgusting! Beyond disrespectful...I'm truly without words for you that won't get me thrown off of CC.

I hope I never cruise with you or someone like you.

SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Definitely not me. I was the one using the table to change a diaper. Had to. Mom couldn't make it back to her cabin in time.

Some took you serious :).

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.

Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Edited by BallFour4

Some took you serious :).

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.

Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Going a little off topic here:

Seriously, one of my favorite movies.

"there's a sale at Penney's!" - my text tone on my phone :D

Yow!

I have always considered tables might be shared with strangers if need be. For example, when you go to the dining room for breakfast, or lunch, you may be seated with other passengers. No big deal.

On the Lido, all you need to ask is, "May we join you?"

I understand "my space", but how about a bit a civility, as cruises used to be?

Edited by jayscore
spelling

I keep hearing people say be considerate of those around you be considerate of those around you

But in reality what your saying is be considerate of those around you looking for a seat

What about the other way around be considerate of those who are already at a table

My friend and I love going to the buffet and playing cards together - If people ask they are more than welcome to join us we never have a problem sharing - but just like it is a person's right to eat at the table the same right goes to us to be able to use the table to play a game - I mean honestly you say there are other places we could go play a game ... Well the same goes for you there are other places you can go eat

I'm a book reader and a "slow" coffee drinker. When dining alone I arrive at the buffet early, find a nice seat by the window and enjoy my morning decompression. I don't intend to be rude (as others' see it) but I also want to enjoy my vacation and the relaxation it gives me. Why should I have to vacate my seat...forego my slow morning ritual because it doesn't jive with the schedule of others.

As others have said...find your table before you load up your plate. If the buffet tables are "full up" head to the Lido deck and enjoy a few moments watching the water flow by. Guaranteed that in 15 minutes tables will open up. People really need to chill and remember that they are "sharing" the ship with 4000 other souls...many of whom like to "graze" at breakfast.

I hate complaints about how people are inconsiderate on a cruise because they aren't meeting the complainers needs...people need to remember that many of us don't like to eat and run. Shouldn't we be allowed to enjoy ourselves the way that works best for us without constantly worrying about how other people perceive us? It isn't up to us to make your cruise enjoyable.

I find this thread quite amusing....I myself have only been on 2 cruises, so I don't have a lot of experience with these situations....BUT.....the vast majority of people in this forums, are always complaining about how people don't follow rules, etc, etc..... here we have a non -rule, and yet somehow its now turned into a "moral rule", that should be followed. Well...I disagree with the OP, in regards to the situation....if Carnival had a rule about no sitting in the Buffet Area unless you eating...and there were people playing games, then yes...those people should be asked to move. But to the best of my knowledge...no such rule exists, so therefor....there should be no expectation of people needing to move. Everybody is on a cruise to have fun, and enjoy themselves... Don't sweat the small things...and seriously...if you cant find a place to sit on a cruise ship....then you should probably think about a different vacation.

I find this thread quite amusing....I myself have only been on 2 cruises, so I don't have a lot of experience with these situations....BUT.....the vast majority of people in this forums, are always complaining about how people don't follow rules, etc, etc..... here we have a non -rule, and yet somehow its now turned into a "moral rule", that should be followed. Well...I disagree with the OP, in regards to the situation....if Carnival had a rule about no sitting in the Buffet Area unless you eating...and there were people playing games, then yes...those people should be asked to move. But to the best of my knowledge...no such rule exists, so therefor....there should be no expectation of people needing to move. Everybody is on a cruise to have fun, and enjoy themselves... Don't sweat the small things...and seriously...if you cant find a place to sit on a cruise ship....then you should probably think about a different vacation.

That was well said, hope you have many more great cruisers.