Allure Passengers Detained?

One possibility is that the ship could have been targeted after reviewing the passenger manifest.

The Iranian gentleman in the Miami Herald article also tweeted last night saying he was worried he might not be readmitted. That might have caused him to be flagged, unfortunately.

The Iranian gentleman in the Miami Herald article also tweeted last night saying he was worried he might not be readmitted. That might have caused him to be flagged, unfortunately.

There's a comment on the Miami Herald story that he was released at noon. Not sure how reliable that is.

Link broken. Why just Allure, 10 or 11 other ships in port

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Nine. I told JOHN it was 10/11. The Port is packed with traffic and people.

Our deck Officer confirmed they did detain but no numbers. I should have asked her about the new Diamond + + level.

Edited by troykahack

I just read that 375 passengers were being detained from getting off of the Allure this morning (1/29/17). Does anyone know if this is true and have any more details?

According to CTV News, that was the number of people held for varying lengths of time at US airports as a result of the executive order.

Why spoil a good? Story with facts? In Melbourne last week when a crazy went on a rampage in a car and killed 5 people we were on a bus to the airport, one woman immediately said Muslim terrorists have shot and killed 26 people in a terror attack. She was so sure she was right, would not even listen to rational explanation to wait and see before making such statements. This is how fear and hate spreads.

Sadly the story about the Iranian man spread more than others due to the additional circumstances involved. He was onboard Allure on an Atlantis charter which is a gay cruise event. His return to Iran very well could have carried grave consequences. I'm sure there are many, many other tragic stories unfolding but this one was especially dire.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by paulh84

I read a lot here but don't post. Saw an article about 7 passengers being held for 6 1/2 hours at Port Canaveral, including a Jewish refugee from Syria who has been in the U.S. for 20 years with her 3 kids who are U.S. citizens. Can't imagine how horrific that must have been if true.

Hope the link works, it's from WFTV in Florida: http://at.wftv.com/2jlcoNH

I just read that 375 passengers were being detained from getting off of the Allure this morning (1/29/17). Does anyone know if this is true and have any more details?