Question About my Cruise Consultant

buddyjo143

Before Christmas DH and I took a cruise with 3 other couples. One person in each couple was a coworker of mine. We had a decent time but decided that we would not travel with one of the couples again.

A month later, we plan a cruise with my BFF and her DH but decide not to tell ANYONE about it.

Today at work, the husband of couple we won't travel with asks my coworker about our next cruise. None of us told him (or his wife) about this. We think our cruise consultant may have told her about our cruise when she called to book a cruise for them. I am not happy.

Was this even ethical if our consultant told them about our cruise? I'm ready to find another consultant if my privacy was violated.

Arghhh!

Ethical? I doubt that there is any code of ethics with a PCC, but I also doubt that the PCC said anything. If I had to bet I suspect the guy knows you enjoyed the cruise and was just fishing for information.

Before Christmas DH and I took a cruise with 3 other couples. One person in each couple was a coworker of mine. We had a decent time but decided that we would not travel with one of the couples again.

A month later, we plan a cruise with my BFF and her DH but decide not to tell ANYONE about it.

Today at work, the husband of couple we won't travel with asks my coworker about our next cruise. None of us told him (or his wife) about this. We think our cruise consultant may have told her about our cruise when she called to book a cruise for them. I am not happy.

Was this even ethical if our consultant told them about our cruise? I'm ready to find another consultant if my privacy was violated.

Arghhh!

I would just ask your PCC if they called this couple. Make it an "oh by the way" question - give them an opportunity to tell you without them thinking it was a bad thing.

Perhaps they called JUST to try and sell them a cruise - completely unrelated to your upcoming cruise?

I am by NO means defending your PCC. I have one (who basically solicited my business) for my upcoming cruise, and if there was any way to dump him - I would. He's unresponsive and condescending and I will never use him or even book directly through NCL ever again.

I would just ask your PCC if they called this couple. Make it an "oh by the way" question - give them an opportunity to tell you without them thinking it was a bad thing.

Perhaps they called JUST to try and sell them a cruise - completely unrelated to your upcoming cruise?

I am by NO means defending your PCC. I have one (who basically solicited my business) for my upcoming cruise, and if there was any way to dump him - I would. He's unresponsive and condescending and I will never use him or even book directly through NCL ever again.

You can easily get rid of your PCC. Call the general number, ask to speak to a supervisor and request a new one. Simple.

Edited by ColinIllinois

You can easily get rid of your PCC. Call the general number, ask to speak to a supervisor and request a new one. Simple.

At this point, I really don't need any further help with my upcoming cruise, although I still don't have a cabin assigned. (I ended up with a BD that turned into a guarantee category.)

To be perfectly honest, I don't want to cause my PCC to get into trouble BEFORE my cabin is assigned. Who knows what kind of influence they may have in that regard.

I will simply go back to using an online TA for the future (as I had done in the past for ALL my cruises).

Arghhh!

How about all of you talking to the couple you don't want to cruise with? Have a beer or a meal and discuss the problem. By not doing it that way you will only make it worse.

Arghhh!

Sounds to me that he was fishing for information or overheard it from someone else who told someone else. News in our office travels fast depending on who you tell. IF you want everyone to know something all you have to do it tell one person in our office and everyone will know, "loose lips sink ships" as my grandfather would tell me.

I am the OP. For more information, the husband said to my coworker, "when are you going to Hawaii?" That's a really specific statement and not fishing.

His wife did call our PCC to book a cruise and I can imagine him saying, "oh, are you going to Hawaii?"

As far as having a beer, the wife, in the middle of the photo gallery, goes off on my friend asking why she refers to her husband as a work husband. I swear, if she could have peed on her husband to mark her territory, she would have. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable. I for one, don't care to see them again.

Without knowing if the PCC said anything, I would hold off on escalating it or changing consultants. Why punish the PCC? (S)He did nothing wrong.

The real issue is with the offending couple, not the PCC. You don't owe the other couple any explanations at all. If they ask, tell them you're looking into cruising again. That's the beginning and end of it. If they press you, just deny their inquiries.

I am the OP. For more information, the husband said to my coworker, "when are you going to Hawaii?" That's a really specific statement and not fishing.

His wife did call our PCC to book a cruise and I can imagine him saying, "oh, are you going to Hawaii?"

As far as having a beer, the wife, in the middle of the photo gallery, goes off on my friend asking why she refers to her husband as a work husband. I swear, if she could have peed on her husband to mark her territory, she would have. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable. I for one, don't care to see them again.

Short of your previous reservations been linked I don't see how you PCC could have possibly remembered who you are and who they are and made the connection to ask such a question. It seems you are making a really big assumption and willing to escalate it simple based on that assumption. If you are truly done with that couple why not simply asked them where trey heard it. Be honest and confirm your travel plans (if you are so inclined) and forget about it. Hey will in turn get the point and move on. Obviously you guys are not close enough to have a true heart to heart about the real issues. PCC's speak to a good number of people per day regarding their reservations. I doubt that they remember most of their clients well enough to remember minor details like who they cruised with last. You are in an office maybe someone mention Hawaii and not necessarily a cruise to Hawaii. Too much many variable to speculate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just yesterday someone I'm traveling on the Dawn with called and asked about OBC offer, that I had received. Our trips are not linked. With just my name, she was told, I got the OBC because I was a silver member. I was surprised the PCC, went into my account and gave my friend that info. It doesn't matter to me, but what if it did?? BTW - the info the PCC gave was completely wrong about the OBC.

So yes, I would not be happy if I found out it was the PCC who gave out that info.

Ok. Kind of off topic, but are you saying that friend A calls friend B's husband her work husband? If that's what you are saying-- totally weird. I think it is incredibly insensitive for someone to call someone else's husband their work husband. Especially to the actual wife's face. No class. She was right to ask that. It's not territorial at all.

This is very difficult position.

Last March I invited a friend of mine to cruise with us. Now we know his GF and we have had a few issues going out with them she likes to cause a scene some times and always is thinking girls are checking him out or he is doing the checking out. All that aside she is normal beyond this and my DW has become friends with her and her kids have befriended my DS.

So Now they end up going and she turns into the terrible person she is capable of.

My DW was like never again I laughed and said I will never allow it.

I am not shy when it comes to things like this.

My friend booked the same cruise I am going on with my DW parents:eek:.

Now there is a big problems they asked us if the Girl was going I said I will make sure she is not. I flat out said do not take your GF cause if you do we will avoid you like the plague sorry last time was no fun and she ruined our trip. He could not say a word I think he canceled his trip cause he has not mentioned it but they both know how we feel.

Ok. Kind of off topic, but are you saying that friend A calls friend B's husband her work husband? If that's what you are saying-- totally weird. I think it is incredibly insensitive for someone to call someone else's husband their work husband. Especially to the actual wife's face. No class. She was right to ask that. It's not territorial at all.

Actually, A calls B's husband her brother. We are teachers and our students can't figure out how the white lady and black man are siblings.

B is the one who accused A of calling him a work husband. It was all very weird and made those of us who heard the rant uncomfortable.

Without knowing if the PCC said anything, I would hold off on escalating it or changing consultants. Why punish the PCC? (S)He did nothing wrong.
If they really didn't tell "ANYONE" about the Hawaii plan, it must have been the PCC that blabbed. Personally, I don't see this as a huge violation (after all, as far as the PCC knows, the 6 of them are friends that cruised together just last month).

But you don't need to suffer a huge violation to request a new PCC. Just ask for a new one. It sounds like the OP doesn't want to share anything with this couple going forward, so they shouldn't share a PCC.

Just yesterday someone I'm traveling on the Dawn with called and asked about OBC offer, that I had received. Our trips are not linked. With just my name, she was told, I got the OBC because I was a silver member. I was surprised the PCC, went into my account and gave my friend that info. It doesn't matter to me, but what if it did?? BTW - the info the PCC gave was completely wrong about the OBC.

So yes, I would not be happy if I found out it was the PCC who gave out that info.

I have a hard time believing your statement. When I call NCL and speak to a PCC they ask for booking number, name and persons traveling with you in the same cabin. I have also cruised with family and in order for me to have any access or info regarding their booking I needed to provide at a minimum first and last name as well as address and well as all travel partners in the cabin and that's with linked accounts.

I talked to our PCC today and he apologized for letting couple number 3 know about the trip. He said that after we booked and couple 2 booked, he asked couple three if they were going to Hawaii also. When they said no, he realized they hadn't been invited.

He did apologize and said lesson learned.

I'll talk with the other couple if they ask directly.

Actually, A calls B's husband her brother. We are teachers and our students can't figure out how the white lady and black man are siblings.

B is the one who accused A of calling him a work husband. It was all very weird and made those of us who heard the rant uncomfortable.

I cant even understand why B and dh would even want to cruise with anyone from work if she was so upset. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but why would she even want to cruise with you guys unless A isnt going perhaps?

Can you just say something to them or change date? I would hate to take my vacation with people I didnt want to cruise with. Good luck!

Edited by js

I cant even understand why B and dh would even want to cruise with anyone from work if she was so upset. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but why would she even want to cruise with you guys unless A isnt going perhaps?

Can you just say something to them or change date? I would hate to take my vacation with people I didnt want to cruise with. Good luck!

I don't know why she went on that first cruise. On the next cruise, we decided not to invite them. It was pure coincidence that they called our shared PCC to book their own cruise and he told them about our Hawaii plans.

I talked to our PCC today and he apologized for letting couple number 3 know about the trip. He said that after we booked and couple 2 booked, he asked couple three if they were going to Hawaii also. When they said no, he realized they hadn't been invited.

He did apologize and said lesson learned.

I'll talk with the other couple if they ask directly.

I would absolutely NOT do business with this PCC again.

In fact, I would report him to management - he should NEVER contact people and reveal someone else's vacation plans without their EXPLICIT permission. It doesn't matter if they cruised together in the past or not - it should never have happened.

I would absolutely NOT do business with this PCC again.

In fact, I would report him to management - he should NEVER contact people and reveal someone else's vacation plans without their EXPLICIT permission. It doesn't matter if they cruised together in the past or not - it should never have happened.

To be clear, he, the PCC, did not call the other couple. We three couples have the same PCC so when my husband booked a cruise and then my friend booked her cruise, he assumed when he heard from the next couple that they were booking the same cruise.