Best Bloody Mary on the Oasis?

pdilme92

Hey all!

I will be going on the Oasis feb 12th (first time on RCCL)! I am a BIG bloody mary drinker and plan to have a couple each morning. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of a bar that has the best bloody mary on the Oasis? I already have the Deluxe beverage package so not worreid about price :D.Also is clamato available for bloody Caesars?

Thanks!

Hey all!

I will be going on the Oasis feb 12th (first time on RCCL)! I am a BIG bloody mary drinker and plan to have a couple each morning. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of a bar that has the best bloody mary on the Oasis? I already have the Deluxe beverage package so not worreid about price :D.Also is clamato available for bloody Caesars?

Thanks!

I thread on this had already started this morning:p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2450629

EDIT: OOPS, I just noticed you had inquired in that thread already :o

Edited by dpostman

I thread on this had already started this morning:p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2450629

EDIT: OOPS, I just noticed you had inquired in that thread already :o

Yeah thanks! I figured I would make my own and title it Bloody Mary as that catches some people eyes who are as serious about them as me haha:cool:

Hey all!

Thanks!

Right there with ya!!;) Enjoyed the BLT Mary's on FOS!!:p We will be on Oasis on March 5th, so, when you return, let us know which bar had the best BM's!!:cool: Happy cruising and CHEERS!!:D

Their bloody mary mix stinks, in my opinion. Bring your own. I always bring a couple of bottles of Mr & Mrs T's Bold and Spicy and just get a shot of vodka and a celery stick from one of the bars.

Here in Indy, we buy Zing Zang!!!!!!!!!! It's bold and spicy and better than Mr & Mrs T's IMO!!:p I agree that the BM mix on most ships is pretty bad but one can always spice it up just fine!! Take a bottle mixed with black and red pepper and/or some hot sauce, easier than lugging around a mix!!;)

I have tried Bloodys on both Oasis and Allure and I think they're awful. They don't make their own concoction; they use something that's already made. It's sweet and nasty. I'm with the other poster to bring your own. My preference is Zing Zang and if you want hot sauce in it, bring that too.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of a bar that has the best bloody mary on the Oasis?

Zing Zang is hands-down the best bloody mary mix! NCL uses Zing Zing, and their bloody mary's are the best.

I like the bloody maria, made with tequila instead of vodka!

And Zing Zang is available in many stores. They make other mixers too.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am a zing zang lover as well and I might pack a plastic bottle or two just to be safe after some of yall's advice! I have heard great things about the BLT bloody mary so I hope they have that! only thing that concerns me is people said they got them at Hoof & Claw Pub and the Plaza bar which Oasis doesn't have :eek:

I'm sure they will have something great though, its the Oasis! :cool:

Edit: When y'all pack your mix to you keep it in your checked bag or put it in your carry on? Last thing I need is my bags getting delayed or them getting confiscated because they think they are alcoholic

Edited by pdilme92

... I have heard great things about the BLT bloody mary so I hope they have that! only thing that concerns me is people said they got them at Hoof & Claw Pub and the Plaza bar which Oasis doesn't have :eek:

No Plaza Bar, but they do have Pub.

Just isn't named Hoof & Claw, rather Globe & Atlas.

Sent from a mobile device

I have tried Bloodys on both Oasis and Allure and I think they're awful. They don't make their own concoction; they use something that's already made. It's sweet and nasty. I'm with the other poster to bring your own. My preference is Zing Zang and if you want hot sauce in it, bring that too.

Unless things have changed, this is what they use, and you are right, they are awful. And on Freedom, they cost almost 15 bucks to boot :eek:

bloody_mary.png

Edited by ryano

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am a zing zang lover as well and I might pack a plastic bottle or two just to be safe after some of yall's advice! I have heard great things about the BLT bloody mary so I hope they have that! only thing that concerns me is people said they got them at Hoof & Claw Pub and the Plaza bar which Oasis doesn't have :eek:

I'm sure they will have something great though, its the Oasis! :cool:

Edit: When y'all pack your mix to you keep it in your checked bag or put it in your carry on? Last thing I need is my bags getting delayed or them getting confiscated because they think they are alcoholic

Not sure what others have done but I won't go through the hassle of carrying my own Zing Zang on board. I really think taking hot sauce with you (and using the bar pepper) will improve the flavor of the bar BM mix.;) However, if you really want the hassle, I would suggest packing a bottle each in your checked luggage and in your carry-on, just in case they don't allow you to take them to your room.:rolleyes: Good luck!;)

The mixes they use are mediocre - we found the key is to find an excellent bar tender to make your drinks special. We found Sheldon Mills on the Oasis to be a most excellent bar tender. He is very nice and wants to please the customer. He will go above and beyond, just tell him what you like. He put lots of extra spice in our Bloody Marys and he made a special Margarita with agave and fresh lime juice. We don't like generic drinks with a ton of sugar. He was in a few different bars each time we were on the ship so you have to look around for him. Tell him Giselle and Steve from NH sent you!

Hey all!

Thanks!

I don't drink them, but my wife raved about the "The ultimate Bloody Mary" from the Rising Tide Bar.

I too love BM and agree with everybody else for the most part BM on RCCL stink.

In November they were using the Island's mix on ATS and to make even a decent one you have to instruct the bartender on how to spice it up. I was lucky as we were on the suite sun deck so after one lesson he had it down for me.

I was a big fan of Lefty O'Doul's mix, but once I tried Zing Zang I was hooked. Bad news in CA I can only find the glass bottles.

Hey all!

Thanks!

After you cruise do me a favour and report back about caesar's (never heard them called a bloody caesar before!) and, if they have them, if they're any good! I'm on Oasis on March 26.

I've only ever had a bloody mary once and IMO they need more clam juice ;)

I thought I was just being too picky! Never got a decent one on Oasis. And frankly, the bartenders as a whole were a disappointment. We usually find one or two that we really like and remember our name etc.... On Oasis, most seemed to be uninterested in their job.

I'm hoping it was just the ship and that Harmony will be different.

We are bringing either mix or spices, etc with us this time. Just hate that it's necessary!

After you cruise do me a favour and report back about caesar's (never heard them called a bloody caesar before!) and, if they have them, if they're any good! I'm on Oasis on March 26.

I've only ever had a bloody mary once and IMO they need more clam juice ;)

I will check it out and report back here mid-March!;)

We were on the Allure last month. Pleased to report that they now use Sacramento Blood Mary mix.

I live just a few miles from Sacramento and have never seen Sacramento Blood Mary mix. I bet it's made somewhere else. However, I will have to keep an eye out for it. I am sure it can't beat Zing Zang.