New Sale - get 60% off second guest

I just called - 2/1 at 7:10pm PST... this is our 3rd price drop on Explorer (kind of a repositioning-only a 4 night) to British Columbia on 5/15/17. Wow... adding todays -$112, we are now $511 less EACH than what we originally booked for two solo D2 cabins. There appear to be lots of cabins left on this cruise so maybe that's why it is lower...?

i'm new to royal. Im used to the NCL sales that run a few weeks then 'end soon' then keep going. what does royal do? I apparently stumbled onto a pretty good sale. I couldn't figure out why outside and balconies are the same price.

I wanted to make sure this isn't a glitch and prices will remain somewhat stable for a few weeks at least?

I'm looking at the anthem for the 1st time toward the end of this year.

i'm new to royal. Im used to the NCL sales that run a few weeks then 'end soon' then keep going. what does royal do? I apparently stumbled onto a pretty good sale. I couldn't figure out why outside and balconies are the same price.

I wanted to make sure this isn't a glitch and prices will remain somewhat stable for a few weeks at least?

No way to know if prices will remain stable for the next hour, let alone a few weeks.

Prices can continually change even without the "sales" changing.

As long as you are before final payment date (90 days before sail date for most cruises) you can get price adjustments and or cancel if necessary without penalty as long as you book under North American terms and conditions.

I would suggest that if you see a price that you are comfortable with today then you book today as who knows what the price will be tomorrow.

Prices can continually change even without the "sales" changing.

As long as you are before final payment date (90 days before sail date for most cruises) you can get price adjustments and or cancel if necessary without penalty as long as you book under North American terms and conditions.

I would suggest that if you see a price that you are comfortable with today then you book today as who knows what the price will be tomorrow.

ah they do it differently here. this will take some getting used to. i tracked NCL prices for over 6 months before my cruise and the prices virtually never changed until near sailing

what did change was the 'free' perks you got. was roulette trying to keep up. but except for 1 line. ive found many other lines like royal and carnival dont even have free perks so its so much easier to 'keep up' so to speak.

good to know the 90 day rule seems to be universal though.

is adding a passenger or removing after final payment an easy thing to do?

ah they do it differently here. this will take some getting used to. i tracked NCL prices for over 6 months before my cruise and the prices virtually never changed until near sailing

what did change was the 'free' perks you got. was roulette trying to keep up. but except for 1 line. ive found many other lines like royal and carnival dont even have free perks so its so much easier to 'keep up' so to speak.

good to know the 90 day rule seems to be universal though.

is adding a passenger or removing after final payment an easy thing to do?

About the adding / removing a passenger..

That can be tricky and a few different scenarios.

Most cabins only hold 2 passengers so if you book with 2 and want to add a third then you will have to cancel and rebook at the current rates which would likely be higher.

If you are just substituting one person for another and the occupancy does not change then that you can do that up to 24 hours prior to your cruise at no charge.

If you know how many are going to go but you are not sure of "who" then book the cabin for the number of people that are going and change the names later as that will not affect the price.

About the adding / removing a passenger..

That can be tricky and a few different scenarios.

Most cabins only hold 2 passengers so if you book with 2 and want to add a third then you will have to cancel and rebook at the current rates which would likely be higher.

If you are just substituting one person for another and the occupancy does not change then that you can do that up to 24 hours prior to your cruise at no charge.

If you know how many are going to go but you are not sure of "who" then book the cabin for the number of people that are going and change the names later as that will not affect the price.

what happens if you book 3 and the 3rd cannot go? do you get a 'full refund' for that 3rd person?

situation is we hope to have firm commitment for my gf's kid to go but if the ex pulls stuff, he could in theory keep her home and nothing we can do about it. so i need to know if we book all 3 and know we can get 3rd money back 'at the dock' so to speak if the child doesnt show up.

or alternatively if we could just add her up till near sailing assuming the room holds 3 of course. but like you said, prices may have gone up and this is probably not optimum

i havent delved into royals room structure but i know with NCL virtually every balcony does hold 3 per a converted sofa and the 4th is in the drop down bed. but they have 3rd person sails free so thats handled differently with only the port taxes needing to be refunded upon no show at the pier.

Rooms of 3 are hard to come by. I'm thinking u would have to change to a room of 2 or pay for the third person. Usually u don't get a room for 3 without paying for it. What u could do is hold two rooms a 2 and 3 maybe and 90 days out make the decision or just know u may pay higher prices due to having to have a room for 3

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

does anyone know how long the anthem balconies have been priced same as OV?

i'm used to definitive dates on perks even though on NCL they almost always 'extend them'

but i'm stressing because i dont know if this balcony upgrade is new or if it's been out a while and how long it will last. which i guess is their goal to get me to book . i know i cannot book at regular balcony prices but many wheels in motion here to pick a date/cabin etc.

does anyone know how long the anthem balconies have been priced same as OV?

i'm used to definitive dates on perks even though on NCL they almost always 'extend them'

but i'm stressing because i dont know if this balcony upgrade is new or if it's been out a while and how long it will last. which i guess is their goal to get me to book . i know i cannot book at regular balcony prices but many wheels in motion here to pick a date/cabin etc.

A few weeks now.

Like I said earlier, book now. You have nothing to lose. If you find a better price then as long as you are before you can call and get it. By waiting you run the risk of the price going up. A new "Sale" stated today and some of my cruises went up in price.

what happens if you book 3 and the 3rd cannot go? do you get a 'full refund' for that 3rd person?

situation is we hope to have firm commitment for my gf's kid to go but if the ex pulls stuff, he could in theory keep her home and nothing we can do about it. so i need to know if we book all 3 and know we can get 3rd money back 'at the dock' so to speak if the child doesnt show up.

or alternatively if we could just add her up till near sailing assuming the room holds 3 of course. but like you said, prices may have gone up and this is probably not optimum

i havent delved into royals room structure but i know with NCL virtually every balcony does hold 3 per a converted sofa and the 4th is in the drop down bed. but they have 3rd person sails free so thats handled differently with only the port taxes needing to be refunded upon no show at the pier.

The rules for cancelling a third person are different from cancelling a 1st or 2nd guest. For the 3rd person you can get a full refund without penalty up until the final penalty phase for the cruise which is on or before the 15th day prior to departure. From day 14 onward if you cancel you round only get back taxes and fees.

Unlike other lines not all of the balconies can sleep more than 2. While they all have a sofa it does not pull out into a diva bed and you can't book it for 3.

Usually you don't be allowed to book a room for 3 with only 2 guests. Even if you do book a cabin for 3 with only 2 people you run the risk of not being able to add a person due to lifeboat capacity being reached.

thanks everyone for the info. tough decision to make and i havent even looked at deck plans and what are the best room choices yet.

i know from experience i want cabins above and below but the pricing is weird. on the one trip i saw a smaller balcony listed at a higher price. i'm assuming because it was a better location but i dont even know what locations are good lol

ill have to dig around to make cabin selection. but i'm really nuts about stuff like this and like to know all the ins and outs of every location.

The rules for cancelling a third person are different from cancelling a 1st or 2nd guest. For the 3rd person you can get a full refund without penalty up until the final penalty phase for the cruise which is on or before the 15th day prior to departure. From day 14 onward if you cancel you round only get back taxes and fees.

Unlike other lines not all of the balconies can sleep more than 2. While they all have a sofa it does not pull out into a diva bed and you can't book it for 3.

Usually you don't be allowed to book a room for 3 with only 2 guests. Even if you do book a cabin for 3 with only 2 people you run the risk of not being able to add a person due to lifeboat capacity being reached.

i read through this more carefully. and while i believe you i wish it was in the faq

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=227

so if you remove the 3rd person more than 15 days out, i'm assuming they keep you in the room you booked with the bonus bed so to speak. its not like its a larger cabin is it?

i read through this more carefully. and while i believe you i wish it was in the faq

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=227

so if you remove the 3rd person more than 15 days out, i'm assuming they keep you in the room you booked with the bonus bed so to speak. its not like its a larger cabin is it?

As near as I can tell the cabins are all pretty much the same size, outside of the "family" rooms which sleep 5-6, and require that many to book. the only difference is that some have a pull out couch, or a pullman bed in the ceiling and some don't have that option.

Yes but u still pay for it as if you are only 15 days out I don't believe u get a full refund fir cancelling.

Yes but u still pay for it as if you are only 15 days out I don't believe u get a full refund fir cancelling.

ah ok because this quote from above

The rules for cancelling a third person are different from cancelling a 1st or 2nd guest. For the 3rd person you can get a full refund without penalty up until the final penalty phase for the cruise which is on or before the 15th day prior to departure.

led me to believe at 15 days out i get full fare back for 3rd guest.

it just sounds easier for me to book for 2 and deal with the possible 3rd at a later date given the fact that her dad is a (insert bad word here) and never wanted to go on a cruise himself because it's too dangerous. so he probably wont give up his days with her to let her go on which is a real shame for the child

Does anyone know when the 2018 Europe cruises are released for booking?

Week of March 6, 2017 - Europe (Phase I), Year-Round Caribbean, & Bahamas

Week of March 20, 2017 - Europe (Phase II)

At 15 days out it is close to sailing so it is doubtful that they would make you change cabins

ah ok because this quote from above

The rules for cancelling a third person are different from cancelling a 1st or 2nd guest. For the 3rd person you can get a full refund without penalty up until the final penalty phase for the cruise which is on or before the 15th day prior to departure.

led me to believe at 15 days out i get full fare back for 3rd guest.

it just sounds easier for me to book for 2 and deal with the possible 3rd at a later date given the fact that her dad is a (insert bad word here) and never wanted to go on a cruise himself because it's too dangerous. so he probably wont give up his days with her to let her go on which is a real shame for the child

Unfortunately because Royal has limited numbers of cabins that sleep more than 2 there is a good possibility that you would not be able to add a third guest close to sailing. Always better to book for the maximum number of people then cancel later.

Unfortunately because Royal has limited numbers of cabins that sleep more than 2 there is a good possibility that you would not be able to add a third guest close to sailing. Always better to book for the maximum number of people then cancel later.

i'm assuming deposit is same for 2 vs 3 ppl. so if at 91 days out, i tell them i just have 2 people, i will have no issues whatsoever then? i really would have this nailed down one way or the other by 91 days out. id make that a mission.

i hope. but good to know the 15 day rule